Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Actually Moores law stopped working for CPUs in computers.

Notice how it's always a few years out.
Screenshot_20200610-185933_Chrome.jpg

Note to self: Next time Elon says too expensive, buy the dip on margin.
But he doesn't say "too expensive" he says "the price is too high". The first is valuation, the second is how much a person can purchase a share for. A 4:1 or 5:1 split would put it in range of many investors. Yes, there are fractional shares but not everyone can access those.

Last edited:
11:50 Market Cap Update:
  • 187.591B TSLA (Tesla)
  • 179.179B TM (Toyota Motor)
Tesla's Market Cap is 104.69% of Toyota.

Noon update:
  • 188.574B / 179.138B = TSLA (Tesla)
  • 179.179B TM (Toyota Motor)
Tesla's Market Cap is now 105.27% of Toyota. :D

Cheers!

From the NYSE, Toyota is still worth US$215 B:

upload_2020-6-10_14-10-40.png

...so we're not there yet:

upload_2020-6-10_14-11-24.png

Earlier you said you don't Short anything based on principle?
So how does one take advantage of frothy market? What Asset class is best option?

Ya. You can always buy via tripple bear or reverse direction ETF. But this is stretching it a bit and I absolutely would not do it unless it's an emergency protection for COVID 19.

You can short by buying the sector opposing it, it is not directly correlated bug good enough. Or find a stock that is inversely correlated and buy that.
As for what asset class is the best option for frothy market. Traditionally it has been the real estate and gold market that benefit right around the top of a bubble. I admit I am preparing some cash for the RE sector just in case it does implode.

I think Lyncathrope is the designated prophet right now. Maybe he can chip in. After all, I am retired and just rambling like an old man and I got my coronavirus thread so all is good.