Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
seems to be a strong level of resistance at $1015...does anyone have level 2 data to confirm? If we overtake $1015...where is the next level of resistance.
I rarely use the "maximum" timeframe for anything TA related but I will note that the upper bollinger band for the max time is 1014.50 right now, while the normal one we often see (Monthly) ie @Artful Dodger is around 971.

We broke out above the Max bollinger in early Jan 2020 490ish, and stayed above it until the covid crash around Feb 20 and crossed below at 820. Just returning now!

Last edited:
Since 2017 I've transferred some investments to $TSLA and put any excess cash into $TSLA. Sometimes when I want to buy something I'll ask myself "would I rather have that widget or another couple $TSLA shares?", then go buy the shares. Well as I continue to work and bring in more money than I wish to spend, I have to invest it somewhere. Since I still don't know a place I'd rather put my money to work, I guess I'll still be buying $TSLA.
I literally did this last night. I wanted to buy a couple new shiny power heads for my reef aquarium. Despite being relatively flush right now I had that thought "hey, you realize that's almost a share of Tesla right? and that will be 10k in 5-10 years most likely".

But most EVs are less efficient than the Model 3.

And nowhere near 95% of americans (let alone the rest of the world) has access to a 110v plug for their car overnight

About 1/3rd of the country does not live in detached single family homes

(and that % is generally even higher in other countries)

Which is again why I say 50-60% market share for EVs is easy and totally reasonable in 10-20 years...but 95% is not.
That is a very small barrier. It's silly to claim that you need to live in a detached home to have access to charging.

Residential parking garages - no problem
Work parking garages - no problem
Public parking lots - no problem
Street parking with access to a charger on every street lamp + stand alone chargers + chargers grocery stores etc.

Granted even though the target share price is lower now, I probably won't sell at that target share price. But its nice to know that for me to hit my goal Tesla only needs to double from here instead of triple ;)

That's good because target sell prices probably shouldn't be set based upon personal metrics unrelated to the investment. Even once you reach your minimum financial goals you will still want your assets to increase in value. And I would suggest you might need a lot more to retire as you envision than you think you will need right now.

That is a very small barrier. It's silly to claim that you need to live in a detached home to have access to charging.

People who push agendas like that are obviously just trying to spread FUD. No rational person would constantly repeat such an obviously wrong concept unless they had nefarious goals. As if what they say matters anyway. :rolleyes:

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
I literally did this last night. I wanted to buy a couple new shiny power heads for my reef aquarium. Despite being relatively flush right now I had that thought "hey, you realize that's almost a share of Tesla right? and that will be 10k in 5-10 years most likely".

Vortech?

But yeah - I find myself doing this a lot lately. "The opportunity cost of this purchase is potentially 10x. Given your FIRE goals, don't be a dummy."

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger
The correlation is uncanny
FB_IMG_1591811372932.jpg