Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The amount of progress and improvement in the Model S alone blows my mind. I had a very early Model S 60kwh that was somewhere around $75k. What you get now for $75k is just staggering in comparison.

8 years is not that much longer than your average ICE car generation, and even then it’s mostly exterior styling changes and incremental changes “under the hood”. What Tesla is about to accomplish in the next 2-3 years will be breathtaking!

8 years from now the base Model 3 will be better than the performance option.

ICE stands no chance when battery costs are dropping by 15% per year.

2. Gets people to doubt the range even if EPA gave them the range by using an unofficial test of a taycan 's highway mile only in which we all know the Taycan botched city driving miles so badly due to a lack of Regen braking.
The Taycan's huge problem isn't a lack of regen braking, and in fact it has it, it's just on the brake pedal, instead of the accelerator pedal.

It's the gearing.

Specifically, in first gear, an additional stage of planetary gearing is engaged between the motor and the main reduction gearing, and this is hideously inefficient. They can lock this out (and avoid its losses) in second gear, but their control laws apparently left it in first gear during the entire EPA testing cycles, whereas real-world highway usage does get into second. That's why it looks so much better compared to its EPA testing.

(Mind you, it still doesn't look good. There's other problems, too - the dual permanent magnet motors may be easier to cool and more efficient at high loads, but the PM/induction combo is a thing on Teslas (and Toyota's AWD hybrids, actually) for a reason, because normal loads really only need a fraction of one motor's worth of power, and cogging torque is a real problem with PM motors.)

CNBC is an embarrassment. Hedge fund guy no this morning pushing a "new bill market" narrative. The old guy host pumping a Trump election narrative as if everything is going to recover and resume.

Retail sales of course exploded. Everyone just walked out of a lockdown with more expendable cash than any point since 2006.

These clowns are manufacturing volatility. Pump and dump and repeat.

Specifically, in first gear, an additional stage of planetary gearing is engaged between the motor and the main reduction gearing, and this is hideously inefficient. They can lock this out (and avoid its losses) in second gear, but their control laws apparently left it in first gear during the entire EPA testing cycles, whereas real-world highway usage does get into second. That's why it looks so much better compared to its EPA testing.
(.
(emphasis added)

I wonder if an examination of the control code would reveal evidence of Porsche trying to hoodwink the public/EPA in order to get a decent result .. in the same way that VW scammed the entire world with their ‘hood up’ detector scam on diesel cars to artificially lower the emissions when the car was being tested stationary ..

Reactions: elasalle
I actually don't think that's happening at all - if anything, given the particular direction of the disparity between testing and real world, I wonder if they're sandbagging to try to get the EPA to change regulations for EV testing. It's an old trick in performance-balanced motorsports classes, several of which Porsche competes in - sandbag in practice or at less important races, complain that the regulations are making you slow, and then if you're given concessions, take every inch of what you've been given to go fast.

Of course, that doesn't work if you're the only one sandbagging, and it's obvious that you're doing it.

CNBC is an embarrassment. Hedge fund guy no this morning pushing a "new bill market" narrative. The old guy host pumping a Trump election narrative as if everything is going to recover and resume.

Retail sales of course exploded. Everyone just walked out of a lockdown with more expendable cash than any point since 2006.

These clowns are manufacturing volatility. Pump and dump and repeat.

There will be a catastrophic reversal of the situation in July - the extra $600/wk unemployment Federal supplement has provided more in pocket income than most minimum wage earners get by on. Anecdotally, girlfriend's 25 year old nephew said last night "All my friends have more cash than we've ever had". This is coming to an abrupt end. The rental defaults are about to start.

It's not uncommon for multilevel upgrades, but trying to figure out when Moody's will make the change is anyone's guess. Perhaps they're waiting for full year profit or S&P500 inclusion so they have some arse covering for the upgrade.

It's already difficult to justify such a poor credit rating IMO, but as a comparison see below.
View attachment 552117

So basically an antiquated system run by people who don’t have a clue.

Autonomy Day was such a big deal for us here on the forum. TSLA fell markedly after the event. In other words there was a lot of buying on the anticipation. Can't help but feel like a lot of the recent climb has been due to the anticipation of Battery Day and Cybertruck factory announcements. Do not be surprised if there is a fall. We're supposed to be experienced now after Autonomy Day :)

Autonomy Day was for geeks,and frankly not many people think cars will be driving themselves anytime soon. Battery tech though is here and now, something people (investors) can mentally grasp.

It's such a pos article.

1. Gets people to doubt that the EPA actually gave Tesla that 402 miles.

2. Gets people to doubt the range even if EPA gave them the range by using an unofficial test of a taycan 's highway mile only in which we all know the Taycan botched city driving miles so badly due to a lack of Regen braking.

3. Gets people to think there's no demand even though Tesla said q1 would be an inventory building quarter from q4 earnings and apparently she forgot about the US closing the economy during Tesla's end of Q push

She is such a ****tard tslaq spreading moron. Gets my blood boiling.

I sent a message to [email protected] complaining about the constant FUD from her. Will fall on deaf ears.

I would have tweeted something to her but she already blocked me from the last time I questioned her motives.