Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another delayed reaction from TSLA on a massive macro up day. Let's see if everything stays roughly on this track all day, if so I'd be willing to wager a big up day for TSLA tomorrow.

Yeah will be interesting if it's a repeat of yesterday's price action in the morning and then throughout the day. Honestly though, surprised there's this much resistance at the 1,000 level considering how easily it broke it the first time and yesterday's price action. Looks like it might take time to solidly break through this time around.

The Texas deregulated electricity market is divided between lightly regulated generators, highly regulated transmission and distribution utilities like Oncor, and unregulated retail providers. The issue is whether battery storage is by definition electricity generation. If so, only generators can employ it; if not, the transmission/distribution utilities could also employ it.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/article/How-will-batteries-plug-into-Texas-power-grid-15031826.php

When state lawmakers deregulated the power business two decades ago, they divided the industry into two sectors with distinct duties: Generators could make and sell electricity and regulated utilities could transmit and distribute electricity. But the utilities, whose profits are capped by regulators, want access to a new business opportunity — battery storage.
Correct. The Legislators have defined battery storage as electricity generation, so only generators can employ it.

Another delayed reaction from TSLA on a massive macro up day. Let's see if everything stays roughly on this track all day, if so I'd be willing to wager a big up day for TSLA tomorrow.
Someone really does not want this above $1,000. Large sell orders keep going in as TSLA gets above $1,000. Will be interesting to see if those trying to cap it are successful for the day. Would wonderful to see them get burned.

The Celestiq isn't designed to compete with Model S or Roadster.

But Rolls Royce,Bentley and Maybach.

Supposed to be GM's attempt to reclaim the title "Standard of the World" for Cadillac.

I read a while back a GM executive said the Celestiq will "start" at $200k.
I though Cadillac was the standard--for pimps and undertakers.

I sent a message to [email protected] complaining about the constant FUD from her. Will fall on deaf ears.

I would have tweeted something to her but she already blocked me from the last time I questioned her motives.

Looks like she just unfollowed me on twitter. A few months ago she blocked another account after I questioned her reporting. Such a shame: the refusal to answer questions lends more credence this misinformation is intentional and designed to at best cause FUD (which it does) and at worst cause a selloff of TSLA.

If only there were a regulatory agency that oversaw the markets, and wasn’t itself in on the racket.

Looks like she just unfollowed me on twitter. A few months ago she blocked another account after I questioned her reporting. Such a shame: the refusal to answer questions lends more credence this misinformation is intentional and designed to at best cause FUD (which it does) and at worst cause a selloff of TSLA.

If only there were a regulatory agency that oversaw the markets, and wasn’t itself in on the racket.
TL0 is traded on German exchanges, and CNBC does have a business presence aimed at the European market (although based in the UK, not in the EU). There may be some way to get Bundesanstalt für Finanzdienstleistungsaufsicht to look into this?

CNBC is an embarrassment. Hedge fund guy no this morning pushing a "new bill market" narrative. The old guy host pumping a Trump election narrative as if everything is going to recover and resume.

Retail sales of course exploded. Everyone just walked out of a lockdown with more expendable cash than any point since 2006.

These clowns are manufacturing volatility. Pump and dump and repeat.

Macro talk...
With Fed buying up corporations (except Tesla lol), there is huge pressure to keep this scheme going. Could u imagine the losses by banks if the market crashes?
So in comes the Infrastructure proposal bc they need real hope in the next month... a reason for ppl to stay in and get to work. I seriously doubt they will fix a single bridge, while Chuck and Nancy will squeeze for more relief. I hv little faith that Infrastructure will pass this time either. They will need another play. House of Cards.

I admire your kindness and patience. Coming from a communist country, we automatically assume all journalists are crooked.

• Informative
Reactions: UncaNed
Always entertaining to watch Tesla vastly outperform the market one day and then the very next day, vastly under perform the market :rolleyes:

Looks like we're continuing the trend of really strong Monday's followed by a high selling and capping throughout the rest of the the week. Of course last week we got the Semi new mid week. Let's see if we can repeat that this week ;)

Someone really does not want this above $1,000. Large sell orders keep going in as TSLA gets above $1,000. Will be interesting to see if those trying to cap it are successful for the day. Would wonderful to see them get burned.
This seems to be the pattern. Standard MM push to max pain loads the spring and then it breaks high for at least a moment in the following 1-2 sessions. I know nothing about chart logic, but it's clear something to this effect is happening regularly.

I never buy short term calls, but will buy some Friday $1k calls if we're at $975 at open tomorrow.

Since opricot is no longer accessible, I've been using maximum-pain and trading volatility to look up max pain with vastly different results. Which one is more accurate? Maximum pain is showing only a $500M difference between max pain of $830 for this week and $1,000. Can't be right, right?

This seems to be the pattern. Standard MM push to max pain loads the spring and then it breaks high for at least a moment in the following 1-2 sessions. I know nothing about chart logic, but it's clear something to this effect is happening regularly.

I never buy short term calls, but will buy some Friday $1k calls if we're at $975 at open tomorrow.

For options buy low on Fridays and sell high on Tuesdays has worked 9 times out of 10 over the past few months going back to Feb.

As for today’s action 984/985 apparently was the 5 day support so good to see it hold. We now wait to see if we get some more buyers on good volume.

It is soooo tempting to day trade TSLA, but a 75 point spead isnt enouph motivation for me. I could try for a sell at $1,100. But I didnt buy more yesterday, so I suck at that method.