Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
looks to be following macro so far ?
Following macros now, but there was a lot of resistance to tsla dropping with them at first. It was staying mostly green while macros were dropping. It wasn't until nasdaq got close to -1 that tesla turned and dropped. Even now it's still not as low as macros. It's being held up, where yesterday it was below macros by double.

Reactions: Queeg500
Think we'll see help to the upside from the MM to 975?

Considering the stock is doing better than the Nasdaq, I'd say MM's are already helping to keep the stock close to 975

I for one, would love the marco's to take a complete dump today(like down 3-4%) and have MM's hold up the stock for once.

Last edited:
I don't know why you would call them "friends" if you are helping them set up "trading" accounts. Friends don't encourage friends to trade.

Perhaps you meant setting up a brokerage account for investment purposes. :)

I don't think this distinction is made often enough. When someone asks what I do and I tell them I've been retired for decades they want to know what I do for income. When I tell them I'm an investor the most common thing for them to say is "Oh, you're a day-trader?" I have to tell them I don't day-trade, that's too much work and too little return. I'm an investor. This often leaves them looking puzzled which is the only clue I need to know that they don't understand how to harness the power of compounding. o_O

actually, the question still make sense: what do you do for cash? The power of compounding works best when you don't sell any share during the appreciation period. The money I invested in Tesla is in there for at least 10 years, maybe more.

Yep: Gas, spark and air was all one needed to hit the road. Even better with a generator vs an alternator as a dead battery was a don't care problem. Ah, the good old days.

(Shakes my head and stares at the ground)

I can fix the old school cars and motorcycles with the best of them. I've proven over the years to have an unnaturally keen ability to get right to the heart of the matter. I got there through experience. And therein lies the problem. The old school vehicles were such that you would get a lot of experience figuring out why they didn't run right (or why they didn't run at all)..

I would rather have something that just plain worked all the time, and worked well. In the rare case that it stopped working it would not trouble me if I couldn't fix it on the side of the road (because it's so rare). People used to brag that they got more than 100,000 miles out of their car before it was worthless junk. 20 mpg was stellar! Oil changes were needed every 3,000 miles (that's 12 times a year if you drive 100 miles/day).

The only reason we liked the cars was because they were the best we had. It was all we had.

Last edited:
actually, the question still make sense: what do you do for cash? The power of compounding works best when you don't sell any share during the appreciation period. The money I invested in Tesla is in there for at least 10 years, maybe more.

I'm retired. That means I live off the capital gains and dividends (mostly capital gains). Only the portion I spend doesn't continue to compound.

I'm still living off the proceeds of stocks that did most of their compounding in the '80 and '90's.

Last edited:
not to be left out was that awesome bouquet of gas fumes from a vented gas tank and big open carburetor
Was speaking strictly about mobility. Distilled down, it didn't get any simpler. That was then, this is now. It was all that existed, then.

What we have today will appear rather simplistic in 50 years I'm sure. Sadly, I won't be around to experience it. Perhaps some here will be. Good luck speaking of the good old days of 2020. :rolleyes:

• Funny
Reactions: wipster
2:30 - 3:00 - Tasha gives her thoughts on how far behind the legacy auto makers are.

3:01 - Interviewer: "Where do you see legacy auto makers stand?"

She should have answered along the lines of:
I seem them on the top of a thousand feet high cliff, sitting in a barrel neck deep in *sugar* and the barrel is slowly rolling towards the cliff edge -- all the while they are both unable and unwilling to do anything about what is to come.

Last edited:
Actually we had a sell off after Q1 earnings, but had a big rally off of Q1 P/D. The stock was pummeled by selling pressure leading into the Q1 P/D, similar to what's been happening over the past week and a half before this quarters P/D(only the stock is holding up better this time against that selling pressure)

Yeah, except that's not what actually happened. On Apr 2nd (before the P&D Report), TSLA opened at $481 then zoomed After-hrs with the positive News:

TSLA.chart.2020-04-02.png

The following day (Apr 3rd), MMs walked TSLA back down steadily to Close at $480 (thus neutralizing the P&D Report to the tune of 1 whole dollar):

TSLA.chart.2020-04-03.png

All the wiggles between are just acts in this Kabuki Theatre to the MMs. They will do whatever they please, when they please, no matter what the actual facts (like the Action after this morning's Analyst upgrade).

I recommend taking advantage of that. Knowledge is Power. ;)

Cheers!

Yeah, except that's not what actually happened. On Apr 2nd (before the P&D Report), TSLA opened at $481 then zoomed After-hrs with the positive News:

View attachment 556598

The following day (Apr 3rd), MMs walked TSLA back down steadily to Close at $480 (thus neutralizing the P&D Report to the tune of 1 whole dollar):

View attachment 556599

All the wiggles between are just acts in this Kabuki Theatre to the MMs. They will do whatever they please, when they please, no matter what the actual facts (like the Action after this morning's Analyst upgrade).

I recommend taking advantage of that. Knowledge is Power. ;)

Cheers!

I would say we're both right :D

When I said we rallied hard after Q1 P/D reports, I was including the entire week after the P/D report so I should have pointed that out on my earlier post. So yes you're right in that the stock was walked down from it's After hours peak, but over the next 5 trading days, the stock jumped over 100 pts.