Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not unless you want a pizza-sized satellite dish on your Tesla.

Can't remember the video I saw but somebody showed this concept car from Toyota that had smaller hexagonal antenna's built into the roof of the car. Then pointed to the hexagonal shaped cutouts under the hood of the M3 and theorized that they could put antennas there...despite what Elon said about the pizza box or the reported crash/safety characteristics of those cutouts.

2016_NAIAS_Kymeta_Mirai_02_B34BD696E9060221EDA14449F8801A267C463F0C_low.jpg

tesla-model-3-rv.jpg

Reactions: Tslynk67
Can't remember the video I saw but somebody showed this concept car from Toyota that had smaller hexagonal antenna's built into the roof of the car. Then pointed to the hexagonal shaped cutouts under the hood of the M3 and theorized that they could put antennas there...despite what Elon said about the pizza box or the reported crash/safety characteristics of those cutouts.

2016_NAIAS_Kymeta_Mirai_02_B34BD696E9060221EDA14449F8801A267C463F0C_low.jpg

tesla-model-3-rv.jpg

Huh? There is nothing magical about a hexagon. The idea behind a satellite dish is that it concentrates a weak signal. A hexagon is not going to do that. Under the hood, that's for light-weight strength.

I would say we're both right :D

When I said we rallied hard after Q1 P/D reports, I was including the entire week after the P/D report so I should have pointed that out on my earlier post. So yes you're right in that the stock was walked down from it's After hours peak, but over the next 5 trading days, the stock jumped over 100 pts.
Yes, that's precisely how they do it. They bet wrong, then force the SP to where it needs to be for them to get out of their bad positions, THEN they ride it up.

We've seen this time and again with TSLA after both P&D and Quarterly Reports, where the MMs simply IGNORE the actual news and use their 8 Trillion USD in reserve cash to force reality to conform to their wishes.

Knowing that, therein lies profit. GLTA :p

Cheers!

Huh? There is nothing magical about a hexagon. The idea behind a satellite dish is that it concentrates a weak signal. A hexagon is not going to do that. Under the hood, that's for light-weight strength.

Think the idea was that you don't need one big pizza box shaped one, but it could be broken out into smaller pieces that work together as evidenced by the Toyota/Kymeta setup.

• Informative
Reactions: UncaNed
I would say we're both right :D

When I said we rallied hard after Q1 P/D reports, I was including the entire week after the P/D report so I should have pointed that out on my earlier post. So yes you're right in that the stock was walked down from it's After hours peak, but over the next 5 trading days, the stock jumped over 100 pts.
I'm really looking forward to deliveries announcement this quarter to see if this weird 2 day delay in market reaction continues.

How great would it be if we could process big news items for a day, make a trade, and not miss the upswing! Gonna buy some near term calls on p/d day if it's good/great and the market shrugs.

I think the receivers are too large as they are: Starlink receivers (they're to the left in the first image)
But who knows, maybe they can be embedded in the roof or the hood? It's a neat idea. With dark glass they might not stand that much out from the roof.
The hexes are too small, but does not matter. Putting Starlink in a Tesla does not make sense as of today BUT...... The Starlink antenna would fit in the area ABOVE the hex shaped structure. It could easily be made thin enough. Then instead of aluminum skin, it would be fiberglass/plastic acting as a radome. It would look like any Tesla frunk from a distance. You could make a Starlink frunk at just a few lbs more then regular if it was purpose built. It would certainly cost more of course.

• Helpful
Reactions: UncaNed
The "power generator" available in Ford's new F-150 is a disaster:

I call it a "disaster" because it sounds like owners who use this feature will be letting the vehicle's engine idle when using the power generator feature for any serious energy needs. And that is far more inefficient that simply having a gas generator on site. The MPG's are going to be real low with this feature in use.

I feel a little sorry for Ford. When the list of "9 coolest features" of the "all-new" F-150 includes a cup holder in the optional Tailgate Work Surface package, you know they are sitting ducks for real innovators.
The 9 coolest features of the all-new Ford F-150 pickup truck, like a 12-inch screen, center console that folds into a desk, and mobile generator capability

But man, when they claim their tailgate is designed for construction work, you'd think someone in the corporation would know how to use a circular saw.

5ef4def1988ee31f2a7aab56

h-armstrong-roberts-1960s-man-in-tree-sawing-off-the-branch-he-is-sitting-on.jpg

Let's see if the price goes to $960. I have a limit order for 30 more shares. Any prognostications as to the bottom of this today? Thoughts ArtfulDodger? Feel free to rant about the MMs :)
Lol, there's this very old minstrel song:

♫ There was a Duke of York ♫
♫ He had 10,000 Men ♫

♫ And when they're Up, they're Up ♫
♫ And when they're Dn, they're Dn ♫

♫ But when they're only half-way Up ♫
♫ They're Neither Up nor Dn. ♫

English-2-American Translation:
I only look for the tops and bottoms, not the 'wiggles' or the 'when' (patience pays)

Upper-BB at Open: $1,053.32
Mid-BB at Open: $956.95
Lower-BB at Open: $860.57​

sc.TSLA.50-DayChart.2020-06-26.09-30.png

So, wait for your setup and relax. If it don't happen, meh. There'll be another day. Personally, I'm interested in Tue, Jun 30 since in previous Quarters there has been some noticable large Fund buying to pad their accts with 'Winners' before the end of the Quarter.

Safe to say that TSLA will be one of the very few big gainers in large Cap equities for Q2.

Cheers!

RBC is now forecasting 80.9k deliveries for Q2, up from their prior forecast of 72.8k. 12.5k Y, 59.7k 3, 8.8k S/X.
Deutsche Bank (DB) maintains their Q2 delivery forecast of 76k. Breakdown: 8k Model Y, 60k Model 3, 8k Model S/X. Price target goes to $900 from $850.

Consensus for Q2:
Sellside: 72K
Buyside low-70's (per DB recent investor survey)

DB also decreased their FY20 delivery estimates from 471k to 455k.

Consensus for FY20:
Sellside: 426k
Buyside: 450k

Fairy Modfather: edit in lavender above done at user request. Original typo said 72k.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol, there's this very old minstrel song:

♫ There was a Duke of York ♫
♫ He had 10,000 Men ♫

♫ And when they're Up, they're Up ♫
♫ And when they're Dn, they're Dn ♫

♫ But when they're only half-way Up ♫
♫ They're Neither Up nor Dn. ♫

English-2-American Translation:
I only look for the tops and bottoms, not the 'wiggles' or the 'when' (patience pays)

Upper-BB at Open: $1,053.32
Mid-BB at Open: $956.95
Lower-BB at Open: $860.57​

View attachment 556603

So, wait for your setup and relax. If it don't happen, meh. There'll be another day. Personally, I'm interested in Tue, Jun 30 since in previous Quarters there has been some noticable large Fund buying to pad their accts with 'Winners' before the end of the Quarter.

Safe to say that TSLA will be one of the very few big gainers in large Cap equities for Q2.

Cheers!
I was thinking the same. That end of month push has been reliable. With Q2 numbers emerging, estimates being raised, Fred’s article I expect lots of buying on Monday as it sits below $1000. I trust the fed to not allow a full market collapse right now so I think we are sitting good.

I personally am leaning bearish on Q2 numbers. I hate to be that way but it concerns me that estimates keep getting raised, might push Tesla into a no win situation. No matter though, I’m not going to bet big on the numbers themselves, simply the run up to them. I’ll be increasing my shares following Q2 and again around the election. There’s no looking back following Q2 imo

Consensus for FY20:
Sellside: 426k
Buyside: 450k

This is as good a time as any to go on the record with my prediction for 2020 Tesla vehicle production:

526,750 vehicles total in 2020​

Now, 1.5 cyberbux for anyone who can guess how I got here; 5 cyberbux if you can guess where this is going... ;)

Cheers!

Last edited:
might push Tesla into a no win situation
Lol, Dude! Do you remember that quarter (was it Q3 2018?) when Telsa actually BEAT their numbers, then the Financial Media ALL published false headlines and pre-written stories saying that Tesla posted a 'miss'?

Of course stories got corrected (3 days later). On page 13. After the MMs had readjusted their shortzes. :p

Cheers!