Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And help your friends set up trading accounts. More investors buying TSLA raises the SP for all of us.

I don't know why you would call them "friends" if you are helping them set up "trading" accounts. Friends don't encourage friends to trade.

Perhaps you meant setting up a brokerage account for investment purposes. :)

I don't think this distinction is made often enough. When someone asks what I do and I tell them I've been retired for decades they want to know what I do for income. When I tell them I'm an investor the most common thing for them to say is "Oh, you're a day-trader?" I have to tell them I don't day-trade, that's too much work and too little return. I'm an investor. This often leaves them looking puzzled which is the only clue I need to know that they don't understand how to harness the power of compounding. o_O

Also like somebody said yesterday, Thanks to Fred’s article shorties out in full flow saying anything under 90K would be a miss. That’s the new FUD narrative folks, nothing crazy.

I remember people here gave this article

Tesla is 'a few thousand' cars short of its delivery goal with a day left - Electrek

A lot of *sugar*. Calling Fred's source BS and how he is no better than the shorts. Turned out Tesla was 3k short from 100k. Now people here are saying he is raising expectations which is also a bad thing.

1. His sources are pretty credible

2. Damn if you do, damn if you don't.

I wonder if he’s trying to tell us something....

View attachment 556541
Yes. Please see below.

Elon changed his twitter avatar to a BURNing rocket...

bd1c1696-6754-40b0-b169-15a4e17cb35a-jpeg.556564

Let's reminisce on Adam Jonas skill as an Automotive Analyst with this Bezinga article published on Feb 01, 2016 (yes, 4 yrs, 5 mths ago):

Tesla Projected To Hit 2020 Unit Guidance...By 2025

"Total 2020 Deliveries Of 246,000 Versus 500,000 Guidance

"Most notably, Jonas said his team expects total unit deliveries of 246,000 by 2020, versus company expectations of 500,000.

"On Monday, the analyst lowered his Model X shipment forecast by 15 percent per year over this time, called the consumer payback benefits present in the Model 3 the "least compelling" in years, while slightly increasing his Model S forecast.

"Jonas also provided an updated unit forecast through 2025. Of note, Morgan Stanley analysts don't expect Tesla to hit the 500,000 mark until five years after the company's....

Adam, it's not too late for you
! 2025 will see over 4 Millions Tesla vehicles delivered. Speak up now, while you still have a job. :p

Cheers!

Jonas knows exactly what his job description is and he executes as instructed.

The "power generator" available in Ford's new F-150 is a disaster:

The power generators are available in 2.4-kW and 7.2-kW versions for non-hybrid models with gas engines. The generator works by taking energy from an onboard lithium-ion battery. The vehicle's engine may need to be on to assist in charging the battery.

I call it a "disaster" because it sounds like owners who use this feature will be letting the vehicle's engine idle when using the power generator feature for any serious energy needs. And that is far more inefficient that simply having a gas generator on site. The MPG's are going to be real low with this feature in use.

Why be surprised? What’s new? The way I read it, Ford is pretending that they’re going to pretend to try to catch up.

In a couple years, they’ll reissue this or another press release after changing the text to alter the dates and the dollars.

Yes, they’ll still be around ( there’s always another chapter ;) for legacy auto OEM’s ). It’s not that they’re dead and people don’t realize it yet — it’s that they’re undead and will be around eating brains and public funds until the proverbial stake is delivered.
So let me get this right...Ford is pretending to pretend to try and catch up...but they are actually catching up (YOU said it :D)

• Funny
Reactions: capster
Also like somebody said yesterday, Thanks to Fred’s article shorties out in full flow saying anything under 90K would be a miss. That’s the new FUD narrative folks, nothing crazy.

Yeah, everybody should just shut up. If you say something negative (Troy´s delivery numbers too low in beginning of quarter), it helps the shorts. If someone has good news (Fred here), it sets up the shorts for new FUD. /s

So sick of this.

Jonas knows exactly what his job description is and he executes as instructed.
This. People need to realize the role of these people is simply to be a mouthpiece for their institution's existing investments.

"If investment analysts could analyze, they wouldn't be an analyst."

Here is Dave Sargent of JD Power explaining (4:05) that most customers want less technology and features, and Kia and Dodge deliver wonderfully on this. And therefore Dodge is better quality than Tesla.

That’s funny, but I can relate. I’ve often specifically purchased vehicles with little to no tech in them quite specifically to reduce potential repair costs.

My current and last ICE car in fact has crank windows and is a 2005 model. Let me tell you, those right there are a great speeding deterrent because you can not roll down the passenger window from the driver’s seat for the cop without putting your back out.

I’ve owned only 3 ICE vehicles with aircon and on two of them it broke and I never had it fixed. My spouse once owned a Toyota Celica with those cool pop-up headlights and every electronic gadgetry available at the time. The car was a rolling one-eyed box of chocolates, you really never knew which of the electronic components was going to work on a given day. You didn’t even know which eye was going to pop up. In fact, sometimes one headlight would go down and the other would come up when you put the right blinker on. Still, super fun car until the winter of The Snowstorm of The Decade and the passenger window decided it would descend and stay descended for three days at which point it decided it would go back up and stay up for the next 6 months thus trying to suffocate its occupants during The Hottest Summer of The Decade because you know, the aircon decided up yours at the same time too.

So, there is/was something to be said for less tech in cars. With my 3 at the opposite end, I’ve simply a) become older and therefore am looking for more assistance and comfort in my daily life, b) am older with more money so, whatever, I’ll just get it fixed and c) am older and have surrendered to the fact I’m older and will continue to get older so if you can’t beat them, join them. Oh, and of course more importantly ‘Go, Tesla!’.

BTW, have been a MOPAR owner my whole life with the exception of one personal ICE vehicle. My spouse loved their Toyota’s and then realized the beauty of zero tech in a car and became a MOPAR fan too. Easiest and cheapest cars on the planet to fix yourself. That has/had appeal to people in the old days. My father was a mechanic so I know a thing or two about maintaining and fixing those low tech, antiquated, fossil fuel drinking, world killing machines.