Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Everyone would like to see an improved Model S.

IMO things like the battery, charging speed, heat pump, interiors are a higher priority, that can include some improvements to the exterior.
A year ago I was rebuked and attacked by domineering voices on this thread for suggesting such things. But with each year that passes, Tesla has even more ways to refresh the Model S and keep it current. Hold your stones, friends.

There continues to be such a steady stream of BS in the press that owning a Tesla is similar to having inside information.

Given this obviously true fact, a good case could be made that one of our Tesla's is a tax deductible business expense. It's like legal insider information and my taxes for this year are huge as all my TSLA call options were short-term capital gains.

Good research is important and it doesn't come cheap! :D

A year ago I was rebuked and attacked by domineering voices on this thread for suggesting such things. But with each year that passes, Tesla has even more ways to refresh the Model S and keep it current. Hold your stones, friends.

Relax, no one attacked you. There is a difference between attacking the person and attacking the idea that was presented.

Tesla has constantly updated and refreshed the Model S and they will redesign the interior (again) when it makes sense. At some point you need to realize Tesla no longer lives or dies by Model S sales. They are simply not that important.

I note that NO delivered 41 cars yesterday (Saturday), they don't normally delivery at the weekend, so it's a positive sign they're busy.

In Belgium the M3 inventory is now down to 8 M3:

View attachment 557564

I'm assuming this chart was created with Apple software?
upload_2020-6-28_10-17-22-png.557564

There's something just not right about it. I think they messed up their planes because some of the values look like they are below "0" even though the x-axis doesn't cover negative numbers. Typical Apple "don't worry about the details" or whether they actually mean something as long as a 5 year-old could use it and it looks pretty. Apple is all about looking pretty.

Last edited:
Imaging the reality we might be living in if Fisker had simply done his job and designed a killer exterior right from the get go. Perhaps EV adoption would be an additional year ahead.

Once Model Y is ramped, I have to imagine a Model S exterior refresh is a top priority then a full rework of Model X.

Relax, no one attacked you. There is a difference between attacking the person and attacking the idea that was presented.

Tesla has constantly updated and refreshed the Model S and they will redesign the interior (again) when it makes sense. At some point you need to realize Tesla no longer lives or dies by Model S sales. They are simply not that important.
Do you need to argue with every single sentiment posted in this thread?

Is anyone moderating this board or have we given up on it and are just content with having a lot of volume?

Jaguar iPace discounted over 20k.. how much longer before they sell at the same price as a base M3?

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/769235976/overview/

Wow!

What a Jag disaster. Guess they will discontinue this Tesla killer soon. I am sad. Wish they could sell these at profit. Tesla simply cannot build BEVs fast enough to pick up the slack.

But anyone that wants an EV and is not blinded by legacy brands and does any research comes to the objective conclusion that Teslas are the best deal out there, and that is before you take the superchargers into account. This is turning into a complete massacre.

I know I said I was taking a break from this forum, and for the most part I am. However, I saw this and thought you guys and gals might find it somewhat interesting. Latest from Chanos. At about 10:00 notice how he develops a nervous tick with his bouncing leg when discussing Tesla. I think he knows what he is saying is BS and his body language is giving him away.

Dan

Nice to see you post again Dan. I appreciate your contributions. I hope you are enjoying your break.

As the Eagles said in Hotel California, "You can check out any time you like but you can never leave" ;)

Thank you for talking down to me. Anyone else want to take a shot?

I bought my Model S in Sep 2018, and experienced same disconnect between the awesome car and the BS from the press, and that is what persuaded me to purchase some stock at those amazingly tasty prices. Many have pointed out that I could have done spectacularly better if I put the money in TSLA rather than the MS, but is was having that car that really opened my eyes to the investment opportunity.

THIS puts it so very well.

I agree, but I have a counterexample. I know a guy who has been one of the 3-4 first Tesla owners in Modena. He's been costantly negative on the stock with me, and I feel all this bashing were a sort of "revenge" for all the bashing he received in these years by his peers. Add to that the FUD media that reaches global proportions and you have a sort of schizophrenic view of a proud owner and a non-TSLA-believer.
Funny thing, he just bought his new Raven S (and I still go with my beautiful Multipla).

This is to say that peer pressure/thinking is important: another proof of why this forum is important.

Imaging the reality we might be living in if Fisker had simply done his job and designed a killer exterior right from the get go. Perhaps EV adoption would be an additional year ahead.

Once Model Y is ramped, I have to imagine a Model S exterior refresh is a top priority then a full rework of Model X.
Actually, I don't have much of problem with this exterior.

Wow!

What a Jag disaster. Guess they will discontinue this Tesla killer soon. I am sad. Wish they could sell these at profit. Tesla simply cannot build BEVs fast enough to pick up the slack.

But anyone that wants an EV and is not blinded by legacy brands and does any research comes to the objective conclusion that Teslas are the best deal out there, and that is before you take the superchargers into account. This is turning into a complete massacre.
Besides the Superchargers, something that gets little attention are all the Tesla destination chargers hotels are installing. Took a little getaway with the wife to Galveston this weekend, and had the hotel valet ask if I wanted him to charge the car.

All topped off and ready to head home this morning :)

Wow!

Come to think of it, this is already getting extremely close because the iPace should still be eligible for $7.5k fed rebate, right?

https://twitter.com/TSLAFanMtl/status/1276924620831162368

I've seen this being pointed out here and there around the internet but haven't seen much mentioned of it here(but I could have missed it).

Tesla and Panasonic entered into a new contract with higher volumes and presumably lower cost per cell due to that higher volume that was effective starting April 1st, the beginning of Q2. The Model 3 price cut could have been a direct cause and effect from this new contract and potentially thus have no or little hit to Model 3 margins.

We won't know more about Q2 earnings but potentially another positive surprise element.

I know I said I was taking a break from this forum, and for the most part I am. However, I saw this and thought you guys and gals might find it somewhat interesting. Latest from Chanos. At about 10:00 notice how he develops a nervous tick with his bouncing leg when discussing Tesla. I think he knows what he is saying is BS and his body language is giving him away.

Dan

It's the interviewer who appeared insistent about bringing up Tesla, not Chanos. She asked if he were still MAX short Tesla, and he simply answered that he is still short Tesla. This seems to have been the general pattern lately when he is asked to discuss Tesla. I suspect that he may have covered most of his Tesla short position, but may believe that his imagined potential for a failure of Tesla has become woven into his credibility. He must know it provides reason (clickbait) for the media to continue inviting him to serve as a source. :rolleyes: