Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wouldn’t it be better if they release profitable numbers on Thursday After hours so the shorts can sweat it out all weekend wondering how Hard they’re going to get hit by that train Monday morning?

Maximum effect for me would be the train hits them Thursday and the margin call hits them Monday after they have been panicking all weekend. Yes, I am usually more benevolent....but 'A win should feel like a win'

If not already posted, from The WaPo:

"House Democrats unveil ambitious climate package, steering toward a net-zero economy by 2050"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/climate-environment/2020/06/30/pelosi-climate-plan/

The proposals would mandate electric utilities be net-zero emitters of greenhouse gases by 2040 and automakers produce only electric cars by 2035. The 538-page plan also backs placing a price on carbon emissions, imposing tougher methane limits and boosting energy efficiency in buildings. Solar and wind tax credits would be extended through 2025, and the tax credit for electric vehicles would be expanded.

Looks like the US Democrats might be making a statement of possible things to come. Will be interesting to see the follow-up and follow-through.

Wouldn’t it be better if they release profitable numbers on Thursday After hours so the shorts can sweat it out all weekend wondering how Hard they’re going to get hit by that train Monday morning?
They took an ass kicking instead. Even if numbers suck there won’t be many more left that can profit. This was just too brutal for them. That email couldn’t have come at a worse time. Literally took all the hope they had and threw it out. I love it

Lol, TSLA just passed Coke in the S&P500 weighted index:

S&P 500 Companies - S&P 500 Index Components by Market Cap

Coca-Cola Company - Market Cap $196.47B​

Cheers!

Interesting. If Tesla reports a profit for this quarter, I'd expect it to be added to the S&P 500 during the next rebalancing.

Todd Rosenbluth is the head of ETF and mutual fund research at CFRA. He held a similar position at S&P Global Market Intelligence before it was bought by CFRA.

Today I asked him to explain what preparations must be made by ETFs to cushion the costs when a really large company is to be added to the S&P 500. This was in anticipation of the addition of Tesla.

He replied, "Happy to help. ETFs learn typically a week before a stock enters the index and will build a position in advance of it being added formally to cushion the impact."

Last edited:
That was awful!!!

I never said I liked it, just a song from my youth and the heydays of punk back in, oooo, 1978 I think it was.

As for apparel, I'd love to have bought, but there nothing of interest in the Belgian store. In the NL store they have Cybertruck bullet-T's, I put to in the basket, but couldn't change the delivery country.

This is seriously backward by Tesla, they miss out of a lot of potential revenue - they should have one European store, and stock everything. It's stupid!

1079.png

...still the Sweet Stock o' Mine

Interesting. If Tesla reports a profit for this quarter, I'd expect it to be added to the S&P 500 during the next rebalancing.

Todd Rosenbluth is the head of ETF and mutual fund research at CFRA. He held a similar position at S&P Global Market Intelligence before it was bought by CFRA.

Today I asked him to explain what preparations must be made by ETFs and mutual funds to cushion the costs when a really large company is to be added to the S&P 500, This was in anticipation of the addition of Tesla.

He replied, "Happy to help. ETFs learn typically a week before a stock enters the index and will build a position in advance of it being added formally to cushion the impact."
That seems illegal or at least unfair until you realize we've known for the past decade and have been building our positions since.

S&P 500 changes are not done on a fixed calendar (S&P Top 50 is updated annualy).
From https://www.spglobal.com/spdji/en/documents/methodologies/methodology-sp-us-indices.pdf

S&P 1500 Composite Indices. Changes to index composition are made on an as-needed basis. There is no scheduled reconstitution. Rather, changes in response to corporate actions and market developments can be made at any time. Index additions and deletions are announced with at least three business days advance notice. Less than three business days’ notice may be given at the discretion of the Index Committee.