Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Troy’s deliveries estimate:
EbyVrWDWsAAmBNU

Weird that @Troy is projecting an inventory build up on top of the inventory that accumulated in Q1 as deliveries were not possible. I am more in Rob Maurer's camp, with deliveries outpacing production by ~5K

Interesting. If Tesla reports a profit for this quarter, I'd expect it to be added to the S&P 500 during the next rebalancing.

Todd Rosenbluth is the head of ETF and mutual fund research at CFRA. He held a similar position at S&P Global Market Intelligence before it was bought by CFRA.

Today I asked him to explain what preparations must be made by ETFs to cushion the costs when a really large company is to be added to the S&P 500. This was in anticipation of the addition of Tesla.

He replied, "Happy to help. ETFs learn typically a week before a stock enters the index and will build a position in advance of it being added formally to cushion the impact."

“Happy to help. ETFs learn typically a week before a stock enters the index and will build a position in advance of it being added formally to cushion the impact."

And why isn’t that insider trading?

I'm going to run this like a video mobius clip.
On CNBC they ask Tim Seymour if he was still short and he pretended not to hear the question....View attachment 558708

Edit here is the video

https://twitter.com/NunezStephan/status/1277986225509543937?s=09

Oh, damn! It doesn't get much better than that:

Melissa: "We've heard from the bull, now we go to the bear. Tim, are you still short."
Tim: ...Long pause...."....er, a I didn't hear ya." (goes onto something else)

Judging from Tim's response I could have sworn Melissa said, "Tim, you know office romances are strictly off-limits. So why have you been sleeping with our bosses wife?" :p

A couple months ago I believe Tim said he closed out his TSLA short position. But judging from his reaction today, there is only one answer that fits: That's right, Tim tried to redeem himself by initiating a new short position in Tesla a couple of weeks ago. Had it worked out, he would have had a good revenge story to tell. But now he is just a bigger idiot than ever. And he knows it.