Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Coincidentally, Seeking Alpo has a positive article today on this subject.

Tesla: The Autopilot 3D Update Will Be A Significant Stock Catalyst (NASDAQ:TSLA) | Seeking Alpha

Summary

Tesla's upcoming 3D update will bring a sudden increase in AI-assisted driving functionality.

Analysts and investors who have failed to realize Tesla's competitive advantage in autonomous driving technology are in for an abrupt awakening.

Financial models mostly still treat Tesla like a conventional automaker but that will no longer be appropriate in the future.
Trent Eady is a long time Autopilot bull who used to post on the forum regularly. However, another member made it his mission to relentlessly and angrily attack him which likely drove him away. It was just brutal.

This is exactly the type of thing I would expect him to post on Seeking Alpha. I think he also posts on Medium sometimes.

The premium you got for those should have you in the green up through $1510 or so at least, right? Also, you may want to BTC instead of letting them expire. After hours movement could put them ITM and I think they can still be exercised through tomorrow.
The time value will fire up after 2:30. If i have to buy back, i'll wait until then. Definitely the closest to getting called. I usually try to stay about 2.5 std deviation out of the money.

Wow!

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Sorry guys, looks like S&P inclusion is priced in. :p

Would Tesla Stock Rise 60% If Added to the S&P 500? Please, That’s a Stretch.

Would Tesla Stock Rise 60% If Added to the S&P 500? Please, That’s a Stretch.

Some, however, are skeptical what happened to Yahoo! will happen to Tesla. Barron’s suggested—after talking with Baird managing director and trader Greg Gaynor—that any gains from S&P inclusion are already reflected in Tesla’s share price. Gaynor agreed, basing his opinions, in part, on what his clients are doing, many of which are actively trading shares. Tesla stock, after all, is up 50% over the past month.

Still, not every analyst thinks Barron’s is right. Gary Black, a former tobacco-sector analyst for Bernstein in the 1990s and the former chief executive of Aegon Asset Management, told Barron’s this past week he believes S&P inclusion isn’t fully baked into the share price. He said inclusion could push the stock up more than 10%.

Analysts expect the company to report a loss of 58 cents for the second quarter. But estimates look very stale. Tesla beat Wall Street’s second quarter delivery expectations and many analysts expect to see positive profit, a criterion for S&P inclusion, in the quarter.

Analysts don’t update financial models every day so estimates lag behind news when stocks move like Tesla.

If Telsa was to “pull a Yahoo,” the stock could hit $2,200 and give the company a market value of more than $400 billion. That math is fun with numbers, but bullish Tesla investors can hope.

Dollar cost average back in over the next few months ... i can easily see $1000 or lower in the near term ... now i need to take my own advice ... i thought similar to you in that we would see a drop ... it may still happen ...there are unprecedented layoffs coming from large companies i did not sell TSLA but i did sell some other weak holdings and now am sitting on cash that if I had dollar cost averaged i would have gotten another $60K worth of TSLA under $1000 per share which was only 6/29/20 by the way ... i was foolishly waiting for a dip to $750 which at this point does not look likely ....

not advice
what do you disagree with ... specifically i am curious ...

Index Fund managers right now.
And you wonder why they hate TSLA fanbois.
giphy.gif