Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some sort of currency/payment system seems quite likely if Tesla solves full autonomy. Full autonomy will allow them to at least gain huge market share in the mobility as a service market, perhaps completely dominate it. The amount of money that will flow through the Tesla Network ecosystem is absurd, and should give Tesla a gateway into launching its own payment/bank/financial services something.

I believe somebody asked if the autopilot chips could be used as AWS data centers during either the autonomy day or the shareholder's meeting last year. Elon didn't seem to be too interested, but said there "could perhaps be some sort of angle there". This might also be pretty difficult, because with FSD there will likely be very high utilization of Tesla's vehicles and its hardware chips, which is also why I don't think V2G will be that big long term, and only interesting until full autonomy is here. Autobidder does seem great, but more so for distributed powerwalls, powerpacks, and megapacks.

I doubt they'll compete with Amazon's actual website and selling of goods any time soon, if ever, but for sure Tesla is on track to be the king of all forms of mobility over roads, perhaps also many other forms of terrestrial transportation.
It's just, what do you do with one of more genius chip designers after they do HW3/FSD chips? Let them go, work on HW4 (if you know what is needed) or say to them, "we're dealing with lots of AI and car data - can you speed things up a bit?" - I don't think the FSD chips THEMSELVES are useful, but if you have clever chip designers, and you are organised like Tesla - I think designers/engineers can throw themselves into doing the best work of their lives. Having stock options may also help, but these kind of people are self-driven to around half-Elon level at least. What else would these people be doing?

Back to your first paragraph, if I contemplate that a while... it sounds very bullish/positive. Being close to money, is in itself, both profitable and potentially corrupting but Elon and Tesla DNA is a good defence. Overall, the upsides are mind-boggling if well executed and they have the bandwidth to do these things.

What would the ex-Apple Pay person WANT to do? What couldn't they do at Apple? What would they consider to be the best work of their lives? What is driving them to join Tesla? My guess is freedom to accomplish their hopes and dreams.

@Oveeus, I disagreed with your post. Tesla's mission is to acceslerate the world's transition to sustainable energy. Tesla wants other EV companies to succeed. We need more than Tesla to change the world. The more EV cars on the road, the better for Tesla and the better for humanity, as each EV will replace an ICE.
Original post:- "Tesla wouldn't want too many "amateur" (for lack of a better word) on the market tainting the EV image."

Elon might just have had enough of the old companies and thinks it's better to clear out the old guard, dealers, politics etc.

He may be perfectly happy with competitors, just not those dragging their heels. In which case, most LICE are amateurs and should be cleared out of the way. The lesson from fossil fuel (coal especially) seems to be that by persuading banks they are a liability means funding dries up, they close, FUD & lobbying money hopefully goes with them, but might increase during the last desperate moments until hope dies and realism sets in for polluters.

As for the rest of us, every ICE car that isn't sold is a win as it is intended to last many years as a polluter. Many new cars are SUVs - so not actually (much?) better than an older used car. These used cars will eventually go out of service. They go wrong, expensively, often.

Reactions: Lessmog and Paul_SF
Shanghai composite is currently up 2% and U.S. futures are up ~.5%. That suggests a good opening.

Seems to be a lot of anticipation TSLA will blow up again Monday.
My wild guess prediction is a fairly pedestrian day and a close not too far from $1545.
Pretrade in Frankfurt is $1,565... think it might be a wild Monday!

See I don't believe it. The SR+ of the Y will have a similar range as the 3 SR+, which is their best selling car. So he knows that the public accepts the SR+ with flying colors. And he knows a SR+ Y will sell like hot cakes

The truth is likely a combination of factors. But I believe Elon when he says the range was problematic. Because when does range tend to matter? That's right, when you're on the Interstate going 75 mph. And that's precisely where the Model Y with a smaller battery would start to show it's limitations. But I agree with your other points.

I think TT is a successful short term trader using high margins. I think to trade this way you need to change your thinking and positions a lot to try to time market highs to protect your high profits on any run up.
To a buy and hold trader he might seem to change his views week to week but to a short term trader it makes sense.
I trade this way too and I have been very, very successful as my edge comes from only being long on Tesla.
Brokerage firms tell us about 90 per cent of short term traders loose money, but the 1 percent of the winning short term traders can be very successful.

this sounds interesting. can you elaborate a little bit or point in the right direction where/how one can learn to be among the successful ones?

Damn... hold on tight. It's gonna be hard to sleep in tomorrow!

Hot too. Tradegate (Berlin) just passed 10K shares volume. Last trade: 1.430,80 EUR.

In USD that is $1,621.57 per share of TSLA.

wudimis.jpg

Cheers!

Last edited: