Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TT has "stormed out" of TMC at least 6-8 times in the past. He will be back. Comparing him to Fact Checking and KarenRei is insulting to them. They have provided an infinite amount of more useful analysis and information than him.

There's probably a better way to put this, but some folks just can't adult no matter what the balance of their bank account is. This place can be trying during both the good and bad times, which seems counter-intuitive, but I guess wherewithal can have some strange effects.

There's so many childhood lessons that apply for behaving one's self online. "Treat others the way you would want to be treated", "If you don't have anything nice to say." and many more simple rules to leave the place better than you found it.

I try to think of this thread as a big campfire where everyone has a turn to talk, and everyone (unless you are highly liberal with the ignore button) sort of has to listen, at least for a second until you scroll past. Some people talk more often and loudly, and that is quite okay as there is a LOT of pearls of wisdom to catch, but others seemingly shout over others with no consideration for other people's time - and considering the net worth of some of the folks on here, even reading this post probably costs thousands of dollars in TMC member-time. I know this thread is not supposed to be pure knowledge and insight, but if all you do is shout and add very little wisdom, people just get tired of hearing your voice, no matter what it is you have to say or how well you are doing. All it shows us is that you can't read the room.

How you present something says a lot about how you think.

Many disagree ratings with my comment when TT stormed out, I had similar feelings even if I dint post them when @KarenRei and @Fact Checking left.

I think its always a shame when infighting leads to storming out under temper, and calls of "don't let the door hit you on the way out"

Reasoned discussion takes many viewpoints. We now have one less point of view, regardless of the morality of being a day trader, long or short. That's the loss, and it bothers me that some celebrate it. He wasn't a troll, he was just in it for the money not the mission.

Ah well it takes all kinds of people to make an energy revolution.

I really suspect TT was trying to manipulate the most widely read Tesla investment forum on the Internet for his own profit goals. I do think he was making big bets and he felt he might as well do everything in his power to help change investor sentiment in his favor. That was his goal when he first predicted TSLA to the moon, and that was his goal when he stormed out of here. I suspect he converted his calls into puts before he left.

tumblr_3f75b9062dc1303fe570c61f2e14532d_86e92443_400.gif

Has there seriously ever been a stock as volatile as this???
I'm sure there are others but before AAPL split the last time it would climb and drop $100's a share in a day. I've been long AAPL for 20 years and I have to say there were times I just stopped looking at the ticker for weeks because the price was nauseating. Hell 2008 I stopped looking for months. Never sold except for half my initial shares pre split-split when my Fidelity advisor wouldn't stop calling me and telling me I had too much AAPL. Learned the hard way you can never have too much AAPL and now can never have too much TSLA. Not an advice.

Even if there was news to explain the price changes there would be a 99.X% chance it was some stupid, irrelevant news like "Price drop was due to demand issues" or some other nonsense that didn't even move the needle on Tesla's mission. REAL news comes in just about every day, news that helps us understand Tesla's lead, their increasing manufacturing efficiency and capacity, etc. Much of the time the share price might yawn at it but it is the bigger picture it all paints that tells us the true value of the company.
I meant legit news.

The news that I'm most concerned about involve (1) COVID's effect on the U.S. and global economies, (2) various China stuff and (3) Giga Berlin progress. The first two are most important.

Unless I forgot something, anything outside of those 3 does not matter much. If the huge drop today was due to anything else, <fart sound>. Example, as a long, the MM talk here is of no interest to me at all. That may change down the line in a few years when TSLA's approaches my sell point.

Reactions: troym and HG Wells