Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I missed the news where they moved the stock market to Oklahoma.

Read PapaFox's thread. He referred to last weeks' sharp v-drop and recovery as a tornado. But we appear to be doing the exact same thing today.

The big pockets seem to be doing this to scare the weak longs so they can accumulate more at better prices.

How in the hell do we go + $250 to - $40 and back to + $30 on the same day on no news?!?? Craziness.

Shaking out weak longs. I’m sure a lot of investors new to TSLA sold out of panic. They haven’t been hardened like us. $250 drops don’t even phase me anymore. I’m completely desensitized.

How many shares do you have to dump to drop the price almost $30 in 2 minutes?
It went from 1669 to 1640 in 2 minutes.

Technically, only one share is required to change hands to change the price any amount. That said, a share must changes hands for every single price change. Remember, the share price is is simply what someone is willing to pay for a share(s) at any given point in time (assuming someone is willing to sell at that price also).

Many disagree ratings with my comment when TT stormed out, I had similar feelings even if I dint post them when @KarenRei and @Fact Checking left.

I think its always a shame when infighting leads to storming out under temper, and calls of "don't let the door hit you on the way out"

Reasoned discussion takes many viewpoints. We now have one less point of view, regardless of the morality of being a day trader, long or short. That's the loss, and it bothers me that some celebrate it. He wasn't a troll, he was just in it for the money not the mission.

Ah well it takes all kinds of people to make an energy revolution.

Shaking out weak longs. I’m sure a lot of investors new to TSLA sold out of panic. They haven’t been hardened like us. $250 drops don’t even phase me anymore. I’m completely desensitized.

I get the sentiment, but I'm pretty sure that's the first $250 TSLA drop we've ever had (at least in this kind of time frame), so I'm not sure how you're used to it :). (Yes, I know we've seen similar percentage drops before).

• Helpful
Reactions: Tim S and Runarbt
Many disagree ratings with my comment when TT stormed out, I had similar feelings even if I dint post them when @KarenRei and @Fact Checking left.

I think its always a shame when infighting leads to storming out under temper, and calls of "don't let the door hit you on the way out"

Reasoned discussion takes many viewpoints. We now have one less point of view, regardless of the morality of being a day trader, long or short. That's the loss, and it bothers me that some celebrate it. He wasn't a troll, he was just in it for the money not the mission.

Ah well it takes all kinds of people to make an energy revolution.
TT has "stormed out" of TMC at least 6-8 times in the past. He will be back. Comparing him to Fact Checking and KarenRei is insulting to them. They have provided an infinite amount of more useful analysis and information than him.

Technically, only one share is required to change hands to change the price any amount. That said, a share must changes hands for every single price change. Remember, the share price is is simply what someone is willing to pay for a share(s) at any given point in time (assuming someone is willing to sell at that price also).
Yeah sure ...technically...but that was some badaboom selling right there.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Volume passes 30 million with the home stretch in front of us. What a spectacular day! Truly riveting.

I'm not sweating the yoyo swings at all unless there is real news to explain the big decline. Remember, the fundamentals for the next several quarters remain the same.

Even if there was news to explain the price changes there would be a 99.X% chance it was some stupid, irrelevant news like "Price drop was due to demand issues" or some other nonsense that didn't even move the needle on Tesla's mission. REAL news comes in just about every day, news that helps us understand Tesla's lead, their increasing manufacturing efficiency and capacity, etc. Much of the time the share price might yawn at it but it is the bigger picture it all paints that tells us the true value of the company.