Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
CNBC has on Bob Lutz - guy always seems to come out of the woodwork when the stock price is way up. Not sure why they give this guy airtime on Tesla when he has been so wrong for so long (I guess I wonder the same about all the analysts who have been so wrong on Tesla but still seem to get airtime). He is arguing that GM EVs better than Model 3. At least Phil LeBeau is pushing back on Lutz.

What's really interesting is that they never ask Bob about the car company he founded in 2012 - VLF Automotive. I mean you'd think they'd ask the guy about his own company. Surprise surprise, it's not going too well.

VLF Automotive - Wikipedia

Tesla Semi news. Sounds like there is a big push to move trucking to electric.

15 U.S. states to jointly work to advance electric heavy-duty trucks

A group of 15 U.S. states and the District of Columbia on Tuesday unveiled a joint memorandum of understanding aimed at boosting the market for electric medium- and heavy-duty vehicles and phasing out diesel-powered trucks by 2050.

The 14 states said the voluntary initiative is aimed at boosting the number of electric large pickup trucks and vans, delivery trucks, box trucks, school and transit buses, and long-haul delivery trucks, with the goal of ensuring all new medium- and heavy-duty vehicle sales be zero emission vehicles by 2050 with a target of 30 percent ZEV sales by 2030.

The states include California, Colorado, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Hawaii, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Washington and Vermont.

Tesla Semi will make diesel trucks non-competitive long before then.

UK (Tesla is registered as an energy company - you don't need power lines to be one, some are virtual)

Battery storage boost to power greener electricity grid

Government changes planning rules to maximise UK’s renewable energy storage and create hundreds of new green jobs
changes will make it easier to build larger batteries – ensuring renewable energy can be stored and used all year round
over 100 large-scale batteries could now be built, trebling the amount already in operation

Today’s move will see ministers introduce secondary legislation to remove barriers for storage projects above 50 MW in England and 350 MW in Wales, meaning more clean energy can be stored and used all year round.

Energy storage has played a key role in balancing the UK’s electricity system during the 20% drop in demand during the COVID-19 pandemic, ensuring what was produced was used efficiently.

The amount of "work" required is quite different between buy and hold and options ...with that said the amount of time i am spending researching and analyzing TSLA ... i too should probably be trading options ... also it requires pretty large dollar bets with TSLA at this point contracts at 100 shares x$1550 = $155,000 ... correct me if i am wrong but you could be on the hook to purchase 100 shares if if you don't actively manage the.... seems to me options are not for novices

You typically sell ITM calls long before the strike date.

And thanks for the dip, shorty, I bought one of the newly minted June 2022 c3500's for $315 :) Really interested to see how that evolves compared to my same date $1250's

Getting a little tired of TSLA being the market's bi*ch to make money for Wall Street fat cats... o_O

lol I don't think that's the case. Most stocks are down much more. TSLA is only down 1%. I think we should all get used to looking at % for TSLA going forward. Imagine what a 1% swing will feel like when TSLA in trading at 10K ;)

Afraid this will get lost in the flood of posts, but anyway - GF Berlin received 4th preliminary permit (still everything they built would have to be undone in the unlikely case that the final permit is denied) which allows them to build 90% of the factory (excluding stamping and casting which need deep foundations/below aquifer level). https://twitter.com/Micha_BILD/status/1282947859596357637

lol I don't think that's the case. Most stocks are down much more. TSLA is only down 1%. I think we should all get used to looking at % for TSLA going forward. Imagine what a 1% swing will feel like when TSLA in trading at 10K ;)

Really? Who else had a drop of 7% in 8 minutes this morning in a single straight line? That's a big player selling a whole bunch of shares.

Really? Who else had a drop of 7% in 8 minutes this morning in a single straight line? That's a big player selling a whole bunch of shares.

First is ZM, second is TSLA. Identical twin charts :)

upload_2020-7-14_9-49-29.png
upload_2020-7-14_9-49-46.png