Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First is ZM, second is TSLA. Identical twin charts :)

View attachment 564466View attachment 564467

Wow, I stand corrected...and a similar drop in percentage price. NFLX also has a similar chart and dropped 5%.

Odd since I was looking at the NASDAQ overview which wasn't showing that level of detail, but if you look at the NASDAQ it has a similar shape but only dropped about 2%.

• Informative
Reactions: wipster and AZRI11
And here's the NASDAQ chart this morning:
upload_2020-7-14_10-55-47.png

Also similar shape, but TSLA is operating on a 3-4x multiple this morning.

Wow, I stand corrected...and a similar drop in percentage price. NFLX also has a similar chart and dropped 5%.

Odd since I was looking at the NASDAQ overview which wasn't showing that level of detail, but if you look at the NASDAQ it has a similar shape but only dropped about 2%.

I think we are all TSLA heavy in our portfolios so understandable. Ignoring the rest of the market also helps us support our MMD/Manipulation narrative :)

Tesla Semi news. Sounds like there is a big push to move trucking to electric.

15 U.S. states to jointly work to advance electric heavy-duty trucks

A group of 15 U.S. states and the District of Columbia on Tuesday unveiled a joint memorandum of understanding aimed at boosting the market for electric medium- and heavy-duty vehicles and phasing out diesel-powered trucks by 2050.

The 14 states said the voluntary initiative is aimed at boosting the number of electric large pickup trucks and vans, delivery trucks, box trucks, school and transit buses, and long-haul delivery trucks, with the goal of ensuring all new medium- and heavy-duty vehicle sales be zero emission vehicles by 2050 with a target of 30 percent ZEV sales by 2030.

The states include California, Colorado, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Hawaii, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Washington and Vermont.

Good, but too slow. And I want to see their comprehensive 12-step program with a timing schedule for at least steps 1-3. Otherwise it’s a nice fairytale.

So does this supersede state regulations? In Texas only generators can make power and only utilities can sell power, and I don’t think anyone can sell behind a meter.

It does not supersede Texas regulations in Texas.

Texas grid is not connected to US Western or Eastern grid.

Therefore not subject to Federal interstate regulation.

And what does your wealth manager have to say on TSLA now? Still keeping him on for charitable purposes?

He has been cowed into submission without a beef from me. He's been very helpful liquidating stuff so we can use that for farmland in Thailand without touching TSLA, and managing return on cash. My significant mother, my wife, took a class in organizational behavior which used a text dividing the field into two camps: conventional and sustainable. When making investment, and perhaps all decisions, it is perhaps wise to examine all options. He and my wife are conventional. I am well armed with an M.E. degree to assess Tesla's technology with enormous help from these fora. So, in that sense, my thinking is conventional too. Musk's is a wonderful balance of the two approaches which is required to take advantage of nature's possibilities.

So far so good as I am likely to pass on soon.

Edit: The manager is like family. Handled my late sister's and mom's wealth. Total confidence in trusting him.

Last edited:
Are you sure Franz is not in charge of both China and Germany cars? are they confirmed?
After Roadster 2, the future is still unknown (at least, to me).

Tesla will not make two completely different subcompact cars; one for Germany/Europe and the other for China/Asia.

Elon said the Tesla subcompact may be designed in Germany.

Tesla will not make two completely different subcompact cars; one for Germany/Europe and the other for China/Asia.

Are you so sure Tesla won't design two different sub compacts in the near future? Here is a screenshot of Elon's tweet about European small hatch:
elonEuroHatch.png

Last edited:
I have been wondering the same thing for a while. There is the designed in China small car and the designed in Germany hatchback, but neither of those seem to require much of Franz's time.

My guess are a cyber van, more conventional van or people mover, perhaps both van and people mover on the same platform.
It would be S-S-S-Silly to S-S-S-Speculate on S-S-S-Specfic new S-S-S-Schemes or S-S-S-Shapes...

His tweet about designing a car in Germany was in response to someone saying that Model Y could still be too big for European cities. So maybe he was referring to a small CUV as an alternative for Model Y. The Chinese design is probably more a compact alternative for Model 3.

Here is an article about ETrade and others raising the margin requirement on TSLA:
Why Tesla Margin Requirement Changes Could Be A Buying Opportunity
But, as I have explained before, ETrade has not raised the margin maintenance requirement in general. My TSLA is 61.1% of my stocks, and my margin requirement is still 40%.
In the middel of yesterday my broker suddenly stopped selling geared bull products in Tesla. So in all x3/x5/x10 from vontobel there was only the possibility to sell. Same goes for today. Never experianced this before....

His tweet about designing a car in Germany was in response to someone saying that Model Y could still be too big for European cities. So maybe he was referring to a small CUV as an alternative for Model Y. The Chinese design is probably more a compact alternative for Model 3.

A subcompact sedan is about the dumbest form factor there is.

This is what Tesla put out as a rough draft.

upload_2020-7-14_9-37-53.jpeg

Doesn't look like a subcompact sedan.

I still think that off the cuff tweet was more about German subsides clearly being crafted to benefit VW and exclude Tesla Model Y. Tesla has just committed to a major manufacturing hub and design center.....then the German govt turns around and hands all Model Y competition a few grand extra subsidy.

I think this annoyed Elon and is why all the UK talk started and he's moving away from committing to vehicle production in DE.

Also makes sense that he would say a smaller CUV could be designed in DE. He's basically saying he's not gonna make cars there just to export them almost exclusively to other European markets. Anything built in Brandenburg needs to fit in the German domestic subsidy mix, or it ain't being built. Germany is good at pulling *sugar* like this and IMO Elon has called them on it.

I have been wondering the same thing for a while. There is the designed in China small car and the designed in Germany hatchback, but neither of those seem to require much of Franz's time.

My guess are a cyber van, more conventional van or people mover, perhaps both van and people mover on the same platform.

I would be all over a cyber van!