Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla will not make two completely different subcompact cars; one for Germany/Europe and the other for China/Asia.

Elon said the Tesla subcompact may be designed in Germany.

Well there are the Golf and Polo sized cars below the Model 3 in length. A Golf sized car could come in both a hatch and sedan. There are also the small cheap sports cars to compete with Porsche 718 and 911 models. Then the various micro cars below those which are popular in Japan and India.

By sharing batteries (or at least cells), motors, electronics, etc. many components can be common among models and with the Model 3/Y.

There is enough work to keep several design teams working for a decade to fill out the Tesla range to cover all major vehicle types.

That "13" is actually 13x with the 3rd digit redacted. According to the post, "some data has been redacted to protect the source".

Later it says "So far, more than 130 Tesla workers have tested positive", implying the number is between 131-139. This is out of more than 10,000 Fremont employees so less than 1.4 %. It's probably less than 1% of all Tesla employees worldwide.

Edit: Here's the link to Fred's post... Tesla sees spike in COVID-19 'exposure,' data leak shows over 130 cases and more 'affected' - Electrek

Edit: That number is year to date, not currently positive. So 130+ Tesla employees have tested positive at some point between March and now, according to the leaked document.

2% of Alameda residents have been infected.

upload_2020-7-14_11-30-19.png

COVID-19 Projections | US | CA | Alameda

I'll start off the bidding @ $4,20

Try 420.69. Actual pricing right now is $330. I put in a big order for $0.10 to see if I could get some market orders before anyone realized the value. No luck obviously. It would have been the fastest 3 million I ever made! :)
It is a bit tempting to sell a covered call at this level. You can lock in $33,000 per hundred shares for the right to sell in June 2022 for $350,000. For two lots, you get a free Model Y for the price of being forced to sell at 350k. That is almost double the 2019 low of $188.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Jack6591
Well there are the Golf and Polo sized cars below the Model 3 in length. A Golf sized car could come in both a hatch and sedan. There are also the small cheap sports cars to compete with Porsche 718 and 911 models. Then the various micro cars below those which are popular in Japan and India.

By sharing batteries (or at least cells), motors, electronics, etc. many components can be common among models and with the Model 3/Y.

There is enough work to keep several design teams working for a decade to fill out the Tesla range to cover all major vehicle types.

Almost all the sales are in hatches.

Very little profit in the micro car class.

I rather have the Chinese and or Indians make sub $10k BEVs for almost no profit.

Almost all the sales are in hatches.

Very little profit in the micro car class.

I rather have the Chinese and or Indians make sub $10k BEVs for almost no profit.

Little profit in the micro cars, but a lot of profit in the software (FSD).#

Edit: just because they are small it does not necessary mean that they are cheap, Tesla make premium and luxury cars.