Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Voting session is now live, they just reconvened

Edit: No idea when Tesla is on the agenda.

So trying to understand the attached 8-page pdf. Can't really figure out any amount that seem to be in the agreement (that still needs to be voted on I think). But apparently they have reached an agreement that the original 80% rebate on some taxes for the first 10 years have been lowered to 70% rebate.

Apparently gonna be a closed executive session now. Not sure if they'll vote. Back around 2.30 local time they said.

---
The structure of the baseline incentive has been reworked to encourage greater overall investment, to the mutual benefit of both parties. Originally, Tesla requested an 80% incentive for the first ten years and a 65% incentive for the second ten years on its Travis County Operations & Maintenance (O&M) tax liability related to incremental real and business personal property (there is no incentive related to the Interest & Sinking (I&S) tax liability). The restructured parameters drop the initial incentive amount to 70%, tied to approximately the first $1.1 billion invested, and then increase the incentive amount to 75% for second incremental billion and then to 80% of the increment past the $2 billion mark. If Tesla invests the original amount ($1.1 billion) the restructured deal is essentially a wash with the original proposal; above that amount is a net gain for the community, both in terms of jobs and economic activity, and fiscal gains for the County.
---

Great environment speech by Biden currently. Conversation of federal fleet to electric!
Posted a Bloomberg piece last night of Biden's new stepped up EV/renewables proposal. Shocked we didn't see a massive bump today on the news.

I guess this rotation out of tech is far too powerful for retail to impact. Hopefully this generates some more institutional FOMO as they digest the details and implications. 100% emission free electricity by 2035 requires a LOT of storage, especially since nearly all vehicles will be EV by then.

Oil of course.....is up today. Don't ask me why Chevron is worth 3% more today than yesterday.

Posted a Bloomberg piece last night of Biden's new stepped up EV/renewables proposal. Shocked we didn't see a massive bump today on the news.

I guess this rotation out of tech is far too powerful for retail to impact. Hopefully this generates some more institutional FOMO as they digest the details and implications. 100% emission free electricity by 2035 requires a LOT of storage, especially since nearly all vehicles will be EV by then.

Oil of course.....is up today. Don't ask me why Chevron is worth 3% more today than yesterday.
Why would we see any movement? He is not president and even if he was, it still needs to pass Congress during a time of massive spending trying to get out of current crisis.

I was kind of hoping Biden would show some pictures of major cities pre-quarantine and during the quarantine to illustrate what a difference the removal of air polluting autos has on the environment, air quality in particular. I'm sure it will be used during the campaign. The Biden plan is definitely proTesla, from both an auto and energy perspective. I would support it even I didn't own TSLA!

We already have several very good sub compact EV's available in Europe with pretty good ranges and 5 star safety ratings! Tesla will seriously clean up with a smaller car over here, even more so than with the model 3
It will need to be a great one based on the reviews of some of the EV's being made there, like the Renault Zoe. Battery capacity may be a game changer for Tesla.

Try 420.69. Actual pricing right now is $330. I put in a big order for $0.10 to see if I could get some market orders before anyone realized the value. No luck obviously. It would have been the fastest 3 million I ever made! :)
It is a bit tempting to sell a covered call at this level. You can lock in $33,000 per hundred shares for the right to sell in June 2022 for $350,000. For two lots, you get a free Model Y for the price of being forced to sell at 350k. That is almost double the 2019 low of $188.

I put a bid in for 4x $80 each before market open, but yeah, not luck. $315 is a good price though, will be up bigly soon.

I wouldn't want to tie my shares up for two years like that, but I can see selling covered calls every month against them for regular, free, income = more core shares. Then you have the option to move to a higher strike as the SP rises.

Anyway, strikes at that price gives us longs some options (pun intended)

Reactions: M|S|M MYP and dc_h

It's a cruel world we live in when TSLA was at almost +$100 for the day at one point and that is not considered a massive bump!

So, my theory on this week's price action is that the MM's are teasing option buyers with $1600 and letting them buy as many puts as they can - they now outnumber calls 2:1 at that strike.

But then there's a huge gap of not-a-lot all the way up to $1700, so sometime late Wednesday, Thursday, they'll take their foot off the brake and let it run up to the mid $1650's, then cap it there.

upload_2020-7-14_22-3-29.png

Also worth noting the 13k calls at $2500 still there :eek:

Attachments

• upload_2020-7-14_22-4-48.png
    upload_2020-7-14_22-4-48.png
    348.4 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Try 420.69. Actual pricing right now is $330. I put in a big order for $0.10 to see if I could get some market orders before anyone realized the value. No luck obviously. It would have been the fastest 3 million I ever made! :)
It is a bit tempting to sell a covered call at this level. You can lock in $33,000 per hundred shares for the right to sell in June 2022 for $350,000. For two lots, you get a free Model Y for the price of being forced to sell at 350k. That is almost double the 2019 low of $188.

The bolded, italic, underlined part is wrong - correct in the following sentence about being forced to sell, although that incorrectly mixes up share price, lot price, and trade price.

Selling this covered call caps your TSLA gain at $3830 per share for the next two years. Heck, thanks to S&P 500 inclusion it could reach that in a few months. But, I could see selling this covered call to get a bit of cash now and have two years for some inevitable FUD to take TSLA prices down below $1200 sometime during the next 2 years - at which time you'd buy the option back at a discount due to lower share price and erosion of time value.

Etrade shows me that 168 options have been traded today at this level. That's less than the 428 $5 Jun '22 PUTs traded today for about a quarter. Those Puts had really high open interest today (over 20K).