Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon has a 10 year performance package, which requires him to be the CEO or executive Chairman. Now he is not Chairman anymore. Stepping down from CEO post is like zero chance. It's not that Elon personally needs this extra 80~100 billion dollars (yes, I do think in 10~15 years this package will likely worth 80 billion dollars). He does want to use the money to do important things down the road.

If you worry about some bad things happen and fundamentally impact Tesla, just keep in mind the company could be sold for a lot of money. It's not that it just run out of cash and bankrupt. Shorts created that scenario to scare away potential investors.
He could use the money to start an asteroid mining company. Would be helpful for Mars & other colonization.

Here’s Adam Jonas’ list:

1. Convertible bond repayment.
2. Model Y unveil.
3. Pickup truck unveil.
4. Strategic partnership.
5. Other: Tesla Semi, update on the China factory, autonomous milestone, charging infrastructure development, new Tesla Roadster...

If it was something physical that you could see and touch and was jaw dropping, there would be invites. It’s a news item.

Maybe Buffett wanted to invest in SpaceX, so Musk is offering a merger of privatized Tesla/SpaceX in order for Warren to get in while fulfilling Elon’s private Tesla dream
Innnnnnnteresting...
But I doubt BH is going to be instrumental in whatever happens.
I could see some kind of Tesla/SpaceX take-private move. I wonder if this would result in a huge win or a huge loss for my $700 Jan2020 calls...

For my fellow Tesla bulls, have a little confident for Tesla team please! For they have, through hard work and dedication, showed tremendous success against all odds!!

So they don't need a savoir like Warren Buffet, or anybody else in that matter. They have created tremendous value for us share holders and continue on a trajectory of high growth not seen in manufacturer section for decades. They don't need a significant share of control relinquished to someone potentially hostile to the mission.

This is Especially true for Mr. Buffet, his past actions have already shown that he is against Tesla's mission through chasing stable profit. His past judgement on tech companies or any growth companies does NOT induce confidence either!

This is Especially true for Mr. Buffet, his past actions have already shown that he is against Tesla's mission through chasing stable profit. His past judgement on tech companies or any growth companies does NOT induce confidence either!

It is hard for me to believe that Buffet invested in BYD. He has bought railroads and maybe he saw BYD as mostly buses so a safe buy in a new market. He is not much of a tech investor as I view him (with great respect).

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
He could use the money to start an asteroid mining company. Would be helpful for Mars & other colonization.
Well, for 100% selfish reasons, I hope not. Even though I've railed for years against the pie-in-the-sky hype regarding asteroid mining, my newest* novel is dependent on same...and then some. Were your scenario to come to pass, my entire story would seem derivative.

*that word mischievously implies there have been earlier tomes. While I most definitely am published, never before have I attempted a novel. And P.S.: I definitely could use some help with certain orbital physics....

Well, for 100% selfish reasons, I hope not. Even though I've railed for years against the pie-in-the-sky hype regarding asteroid mining, my newest* novel is dependent on same...and then some. Were your scenario to come to pass, my entire story would seem derivative.

*that word mischievously implies there have been earlier tomes. While I most definitely am published, never before have I attempted a novel. And P.S.: I definitely could use some help with certain orbital physics....

I'm hoping TMC members get the early release, yes? ;)

If then SEC is so anti-Tesla, why does it routinely approve all of Tesla's requests for confidentiality of its exhibits to financial statements?

The two actions are not mutually exclusive:
  • on one hand the SEC is approving routine sealing requests of confidential contracts, to which treatment Tesla and other public companies have a right to,
  • but on the other hand the SEC is also applying selective enforcement and is treating Tesla unfairly in other, more substantial matters, inflicting significant harm on Tesla investors.

I feel like everyone is ignoring the obvious: That tomorrow's announcement is simply that Tesla has paid their bond off. That's it.

If you're expecting the Model Y driving itself under the ocean to Europe, well that's your own fault for expecting anything other than the obvious!

I don’t think the bond payment is worth a special announcement. That is already expected. I also don’t think it is European Gigafactory because I highly suspect Elon would want to be there to announce it.

I really have no confidence on any one item. I’ll have to go with supercharger v3 since it was supposed to be announced early this year. I still anticipate standard range to be ready late summer at the earliest. I highly doubt they’d unveil model Y even earlier than anticipated.

Tim Cook only cares about profit. He doesn't give a fig about innovation, so Tesla and Cook would be a very poor match.
Exactly. I think all the people shooting for Apple to buy Tesla just want oligarchs to ruin the world and make life miserable here. I can't conceive of why they want that. "Apple Fanboys" doesn't seem to extend to that dystopia.