Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, but what if Tesla doesn’t want to raise money because they have enough and they can’t go any faster than they already are going.

What’s the incentive for Tesla to do something they don’t want? What exactly does the S&P500 have to offer Tesla? That would interest Elon? Can they offer SP stability for his shareholders? Can they offer no shorting of the stock?

Baby is not hungry.

• Informative
Reactions: Krugerrand

Just thinking out loud.

View attachment 567345

Breaking even is looking super tight. Really makes a difference for every car you build and deliver. Please go all out to ensure victory!

Just amazing how well you executed, especially in such difficult times. I am so proud to work with you!

View attachment 567351
Elon’s literally yelling at us that we’re going to $6969696969 and people think there is some sort meaning in the spoon tweet

I’m sure this has been asked and answered already. I spend a lot of time here but not all my time here.

What does an S&P announcement look like? Is it a decision that happens at a preset quarterly meeting or are they on the fly?
Who decides?
How do they announce decisions?
Etc
Etc

You get the picture. What are the mechanics of such a thing?

thanks!

This video is a good start.

For anyone analyzing Elon’s spoon tweet:
He also liked this picture, what’s the message? Asking for a friend.
522E1CB6-4148-4B4B-9B1A-ECB7C4CCFE51.jpeg

Something to the wall?

Last edited:
Analysis paralysis at work here. ZOMG Elon tweeted a code word and is giving us a hint, are we really going to show a GAAP profit tomorrow? Are we dropping big time tomorrow? This is nuts.

The twitter folks who analyze every single one of Elon’s tweets really need to chill. I’m not hoping for a negative GAAP number obviously but if the event with a 1%(ok maybe more 5%) chance comes true I’m ready to take advantage with some dry powder.

The best tinfoil hat read I saw was basically:

The kid can't use a spoon because they're only 2.5 months old.

Kids typically start using spoons around 10-12 months of age.

Since the tweet was in German then Elon is REALLY telling us GigaBerlin will be ready to produce cars in 7.5-9.5 more months... so it's ahead of schedule!

The hysteria over Elon's tweet of his photo of playing with his young son is baffling. Not everything is some hidden secret coded message to Elon's army of loyal investors. Sometimes, it's just a proud father who is spending quality family time with his family and wanted to share it with his followers.
But why the spoon?? The baby wasn't eating!! He wasn't feeding the baby!!
Why not a bottle??! I demand answer! Even if Tesla reports a profit, it won't be nearly enough for me to get a nice hair implant for all the hair I parted with reading this thread??!

Really? Ok give EVEN ONE SINGLE example where someone drove someone else out of business when they were production constrained. According to you they were selling out every item as fast as they could make them and still chose to cut prices?

‘You’re missing the whole point. When you are present and near future production constrained, cutting prices does not increase sales. It does not hurt your competition.

If it’s so simple, you must have lots of examples where they were production constrained completely selling out, ramping production as fast as possible and still cut prices. Correct?

Incorrect. For durable goods items, it most definitely hurts your competition. If you can't build them fast enough, the customers will wait or buy used rather than spend their hard earn dollars on something that will depreciate immediately. Your logic only applies to fungible items where your competitor's product can be substituted at the right price and where the consumer must have one or the other. If the mission is to kill ICE vehicle sales, then a great product at a great price will ensure those ICE vehicles stay on the lot, or get priced low enough to convince manufacturers not to waste any more money on them.