Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla has an amazing low recall rate in the USA in 1H19 and 1H20

The rate is calculated = # vehicles with defects/ all new registrations
F1B1A558-676D-436D-A108-79C9E813C16D.png

Toyota flop, Tesla top? Neue Rückruf-Statistik zeigt Rekordwerte

Wonderful. The odd vehicle here and there within the last decade. You’re right, and you missed the point. Congratulations.
I cant believe this topic lasted most of the day:p .... we must be getting bored with TSLA ...
this thread devours new information and processes it so quickly we get ornery ... kind of like the lion after a big dinner leave me alone .. let me sleep :D

also the Lion avatar is really frightening looking :eek::eek::eek: i feel like it might jump out of the screen

Reactions: wipster
The value of existing shares doesn't get hurt by a company issuing new stock. You own a smaller part of a more valuable company. Paging @Curt Renz, who has explained this (many times) before.

Indeed, any expressed concern about share dilution following a possible Tesla subsequent offering is a red herring. Any money raised would belong to all shareholders. Admittedly each current shareholder would own a smaller percentage slice of the pie, but the pie would be bigger. If the new money were just placed into a fixed income certificate, it would essentially be a wash. But if the money is soundly invested in company growth, the pie could swell to become hugely larger with ever widening slices. :cool:

On a day like this, it's nice to have a video such as what I link.

Today we declare war on TSLA bears!

JUST IN: WAR DECLARED ON s!

Edit: I know some of you guys probably wouldn't go for movies like that, but Starship Troopers is an amazing film. It's both an adaptation of the famous science fiction war novel by Robert A. Heinlein and a brutal critique and repudiation of the 'ideal militaristic society' (read: fascism) that Heinlein envisioned. It was and is a very controversial film among fans of Heinlein because of this.

Besides this list, there is another list of venture funding on self driving tech-- both chips, hardware, and software, and Tesla is disrupting this even more with directly observed-video recorded miles and sensors.

Do not call me Fanboy. If you must, just call me Captain Obvious. It is blatantly obvious to the most casual observer that Tesla has disrupted the entirety of the automotive and petroleum industries.

To the casual observer, an electric car is just a regular car with a battery.

Obviously legacy companies that sell 10 times as many cars as Tesla and have been making cars for generations could just put batteries in their cars anytime they want and compete with them, so the fact they don't means not many people want such cars yet and when they do they'll just make and sell them.

That's what the casual observer thinks.

Mind you- the casual observer is an idiot, but if I had a dollar for every time I've heard the above line of thinking from them...well, I'd own a lot more Tesla stock I suppose :)

Below is what Craig wrote this morning regarding the macro-market:

In summary, the reality of a potential bumpy road to recovery caught up with equity market momentum last week. Uncertainty over the path of the COVID-19 outbreak, a looming fiscal cliff, and rising geopolitical risk with China prompted some of the recent profit taking pressure. However, we do not expect momentum to meaningfully stall based on a backdrop of unprecedented global stimulus and continued progress toward a virus vaccine. The technical setup for the broader market remains constructive and currently indicates near-term weakness should be bought. We reiterate our year-end price objective on the SPX of 3,600.

That aligns pretty well exactly with what I wrote before the weekend ended.

Craig just added some financial industry gobbley-gook to make it sound more "official". :)

He must read this thread? ;) /s

• Funny
Reactions: Paul_SF
I am frustrated, aggravated, and down right pissed off about the valuation argument...

Do not call me Fanboy. If you must, just call me Captain Obvious. It is blatantly obvious to the most casual observer that Tesla has disrupted the entirety of the automotive and petroleum industries.
To utter the term overvalued in reference to Tesla is idiotic. In a clear, loud, and deliberate voice Tesla is undervalued.
The revolution is afoot. It is time to speak with the voice of a lion.
This would be more appropriate coming from Krugerrand but whatever.

Why all the fuss about a Model S refresh? There's still no real indication that one is coming, right?

This is probably the last important refresh for S/X.

At some point model S & X become little more than a rounding error. I think that point is coming fast and any future refreshes/facelifts after this years possible one are just for a niche market and pretty much meaningless for shareholders as profits from other products dwarf S/X/R by an order of magnitude. Hopefully future S/X/R profit will at least cover cost of Elon’s CEO rewards, while the gigantic profits from 3/Y/2/Semi/Energy will undoubtedly provide all the margin needed to achieve the dreams of even the TSLA Uber-bulls.

Indeed, any expressed concern about share dilution following a possible Tesla subsequent offering is a red herring. Any money raised would belong to all shareholders. Admittedly each current shareholder would own a smaller percentage slice of the pie, but the pie would be bigger. If the new money were just placed into a fixed income certificate, it would essentially be a wash. But if the money is soundly invested in company growth, the pie could swell to become hugely larger with ever widening slices. :cool:

To be completely accurate here, any money raised would need to make the company become more productive than it would have been without the extra capital (and that increase in productivity of the extra money would have to be equally large to what the rate of productivity growth without the capital raise would have been in order for the additional investment to break even from the standpoint of a shareholder).

The money should only be raised if it can supercharge the growth above and beyond what it would have been. You can argue against this only by saying the shareholders should "take one for the team mission." However, if that freshly raised money is only used for competitive advantages, this could actually have the opposite effect to the one intended in that it could bankrupt more competitors, more quickly.

I'm all for rapid growth but from where I sit it looks like rapid growth will be self-funding and it's not a good idea to try to accelerate it by a few months because this introduces all kinds of additional risk and complications. But, as always, I will defer to our proven management team who has far better visibility into hundreds of considerations surrounding such a decision and who have proven their skill and insight over the last several years beyond any reasonable doubt.