Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd be really disappointed if Tesla raises funds before SP 500 inclusion. If the SP 500 index board makes fund raising a condition, then I'd prefer Tesla to ignore that, and skip this opportunity. The longer Tesla grows while not being included, the bigger the mismatch will become, and the big players (should I say Shorts enablers?) will have to pay big bucks to get an entry ticket. Screw Wall Street, they never cared about the mission anyway.

It is not in Tesla or Tesla investor's interest to destabilize the stock.

• Helpful
Reactions: oldTAVguy
WHAT IS HAPPENING!!??!???!?!?!?! :eek::oops::rolleyes:o_O:eek::oops::eek::oops::eek:

Eh, no worries. We'll get sucked back up to $1500. :p

I don’t know guys, seems like the new target is 1475. MMs finally found a stronger magnet. Because of this, I have decided that the new offering price will be 1475.01. Use this info at your own risk. Cheers.

/s

Last edited:
You can’t say ‘serious competition’ and then acknowledge Model 3 WAY BETTER (never mind they are two different classes of cars). Well, you can say it, but it’ll be nonsensical gibberish. TSLAQ much?

We already know Elon thinks his cars are too expensive. We already know Tesla will design a car specifically for Europe. And guaranteed it’ll be WAY BETTER than the Zoe at a competitive price point making the term ‘serious competition’ still nonsensical gibberish.

Are you saying *I'm* TSLAQ? I have 1,100 TSLA shares, drive a model S, and frequently tweet and blog about them.
Tesla do not offer a price competitor to the leaf, or the zoe. Saying the model 3 is MUCH better is true, but it doesnt magically make the average UK buyer able to find an extra £14,000 behind their sofa to buy one.

Ah thanks, I probably should have done a comparison between the specs of each vehicle independently rather than rely on Rob's statements as it does sound like there is more clear air between the two than stated in the video - a little disappointing he chose to narrow the gap that way as he's one of the OG EV supporters.

Stock valuation is a matter of human perception. Yes, the numbers matter but those numbers are put into context by humans with all our bias and subjectivity. Some people actually believe the narrative that Elon is a charlatan, a showman, a snake-oil salesman. Bringing the astronauts home safely in Crew Dragon helps demonstrate how amazing of a leader that he really is. A man who can make difficult things happen.

You have never seen Mary Barra, Lee Iacocca, Bob Lutz, Jim Hackett, et. al. putting astronauts in Space or anything remotely as challenging! A CEO can never have too many feathers in their cap! Go Crew Dragon!

Decades back, I was driving a 1969 Firebird convertible, while my wife had a Volvo 240 DL station wagon. Obviously, I was not a fan of station wagons. But one day I happened to be driving my wife’s car — traffic had come to a stop in the 91 freeway in Orange County — a young man in a 1963 Chevy Impala rear ended me at about 40 to 50 miles per hour.

The big cushioned seat of the Volvo absorbed the impact as I gently rolled backward, leaving me almost in prone position on my back. The engine and drivetrain dropped out the car to ground, I imagine as a safety measure to protect the occupants. The entire car crumpled in the middle absorbing the impact of the collision.

I climbed out the car unharmed, in a state of awe. The folks at Volvo make a fine car, a safe car. In regard to safety, they have had their mind right for a long time.

Should any ICE car company emerge healthy in the age of electric vehicles, my hope is that Volvo succeeds.

For what it is worth, Max Pain is $1,475. Surprise, surprise on the bring down to this level.

If it means anything, Max Pain is $1,475. With the low volume, seems that a bring down was quite easy.

This must be a very frustrating quandary for MM's - they can push down the share price only by shorting TSLA with risk to an upside event, and only by further compounding the number of shares that need to be bought when inclusion is announced. Thus MM's will want to exit these positions asap.

A lot of comments over the past couple days regarding how rigged WS is. The action today and all of this last week suggests to me that MM's feel they might be operating in a 'safe' zone for TSLA news..........as though they were given a 'wink' to close the day at Max Pain of 1475 to minimize any financial damage to themselves before we hear word of any TSLA news. They may end the day on a high note for themselves for their successful manipulation........but tomorrow is a new day and a new month.............and it is one day closer to new news of 'earthquake' proportion (as was also mentioned). What will stock price do when MM's have to trade in an environment when they have as little information as the rest of us once this news is out? My bets have been placed with GTC's and we are anxious to celebrate. I hope to toast a few of the MM's that get toasted this coming week as well.

Here is the filing for the Tesla v Rivian Lawsuit :-

The quote below from the Rivian lawyer (if true) is the closest thing to smoking gun.

Mr Zahr ... claimed that taking confidential information was common in the industry.

Is that why lawyers of clients who were caught shoplifting always use the defense that "Shoplifting is common in the retail industry"? :rolleyes:

I don’t know guys, seems like the new target is 1475. MMs finally found a stronger magnet. Because of this, I have decided that the new offering price will be 1475.01. Use this info at your own risk. Cheers.

/s

Not a short term trader so definitely not advise, but doesn't this seem like a good place to load up for a repeat of this Marvelous Monday come next Monday?

Reactions: Nocturnal
Craig Johnson is a managing director and technical strategist at Piper Sandler (formerly Piper Jaffray). He was a regular guest of mine on my old TV show, and still sends me his newsletters. In early 2003 he recommended TSLA, which led to my first purchase at $38.

Craig’s colleague Alexander Potter has a BUY rating on TSLA with a price target of $2400.

Below is what Craig wrote this morning:

Tesla Inc (TSLA - $1487.49); Shares are consolidating within a bullish flag formation; extended above the 10-/30-week WMAs; RS has climbed to multi-year highs and notable TechniGrade ranking; a close above $1,645 should open the door to a new leg higher; add to positions on a topside breakout.

I had a look at the Giga Texas site in Google Maps using the history look back function. It appears the area where Tesla are currently working was level fields before Highway 45 was built in the mid-2000's. It's likely that the area was dug up to provide material for the highway build. So the areas that Tesla are currently having to pump out and fill in are relatively new.

Giga Texas 2003.jpg

MarketWatch - 8 minutes ago: Why the S&P 500 may now be easier to beat and what this means for your investments

Excerpt:

Tesla would be the latest example of how inclusion in the S&P 500 weakens a company's stock performance

It would be ironic if Tesla's stock price peaks just as it joins the S&P 500.

While it isn't a certainty that Tesla (TSLA) will become part of the U.S. benchmark stock index, there is widespread speculation that it will happen.

As my MarketWatch colleague Andrea Riquier recently pointed out (Tesla shares have surged on hope of inclusion in the S&P 500. But does being added to an index help a stock?), a new academic study has found that, beginning around a decade ago, getting added to the S&P 500 causes a stock to drop.

"The positive announcement effect on the stock price of index inclusion has disappeared and the long-run impact of index inclusion has become negative," this new study's authors report (Does Joining the S&P 500 Index Hurt Firms?).

MarketWatch - 8 minutes ago: Why the S&P 500 may now be easier to beat and what this means for your investments

Excerpt:

Tesla would be the latest example of how inclusion in the S&P 500 weakens a company's stock performance

It would be ironic if Tesla's stock price peaks just as it joins the S&P 500.

While it isn't a certainty that Tesla (TSLA) will become part of the U.S. benchmark stock index, there is widespread speculation that it will happen.

As my MarketWatch colleague Andrea Riquier recently pointed out (Tesla shares have surged on hope of inclusion in the S&P 500. But does being added to an index help a stock?), a new academic study has found that, beginning around a decade ago, getting added to the S&P 500 causes a stock to drop.

"The positive announcement effect on the stock price of index inclusion has disappeared and the long-run impact of index inclusion has become negative," this new study's authors report (Does Joining the S&P 500 Index Hurt Firms?).

Well that explains it. Tesla should have instead lost billions in Q2 to ensure exclusion from the S&P and a higher stock price o_O. Worked for the other OEMs!