Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sounds like Tesla needs to make a smaller, less expensive car for Europe. Be patient. It is coming. I wouldn't load up on Renault stock.
If Tesla succeeds in bringing robotaxi-capable vehicles within the next 5 years, then they would better design new vehicles from the ground-up instead of suiting the need of humans.

City cars are made for human *drivers*. An FSD computer may not really care so much about the size of the vehicle, even if dense traffic, while driving and when parking. Should we really keep the luggage at the back of the car? Are the seats orientations really best for non drivers? If not, how would we change the exterior? Is the car aerodynamics that important for city taxis? etc.

Current form factor might simply be outdated by the time Tesla bring them to market. Better reinvent the car completely, don't you think?

Capital raise seems most likely explanation for what's happening, although we haven't seen such lengthy pinning at a given value before a captial raise in the past, have we?

If Tesla is shopping the deal at $1500, then the firms they're shopping it to know they can short anywhere above $1500 for guaranteed profits.

Guy with a model X claims the suspension broke for no reason and Tesla claims owner fault. Twitter called him out, including his short positions but Jaloponik still goes on the attack.

I have to say I don’t understand people who spend their lives focusing on things they don’t like. How miserable is that? Like, I don’t enjoy Pepsi but I don’t spend time talking about it or posting about it. Losers.
I introduce you to Karen and Kevins

I'd be really disappointed if Tesla raises funds before SP 500 inclusion. If the SP 500 index board makes fund raising a condition, then I'd prefer Tesla to ignore that, and skip this opportunity. The longer Tesla grows while not being included, the bigger the mismatch will become, and the big players (should I say Shorts enablers?) will have to pay big bucks to get an entry ticket. Screw Wall Street, they never cared about the mission anyway.

If Tesla succeeds in bringing robotaxi-capable vehicles within the next 5 years, then they would better design new vehicles from the ground-up instead of suiting the need of humans.

City cars are made for human *drivers*. An FSD computer may not really care so much about the size of the vehicle, even if dense traffic, while driving and when parking. Should we really keep the luggage at the back of the car? Are the seats orientations really best for non drivers? If not, how would we change the exterior? Is the car aerodynamics that important for city taxis? etc.

Current form factor might simply be outdated by the time Tesla bring them to market. Better reinvent the car completely, don't you think?

Monocoque stainless steel chassis ala Cybertruck. Basic interior easily sanitizable with fixed environmental controls that are voice actuated, minimal sound system for communication purposes, trunk/luggage storage lid operation automated. 150 mile range maximum. No glove box!
Once these are in the fleet, the idea that you will sit at home and send your FSD $70,000 Tesla out to rake in big bucks is laughable.

• Informative
Reactions: oldTAVguy
I. Just. Can’t. For various reasons brought upon themselves; disparaging Tesla, laughing at Tesla, lying about Tesla, stealing from Tesla, wanting to keep killing us by dragging their feet or cheating emissions etc... and of course because in the end I don’t like people.

I want to make an exception for Volvo and Geely in this case because I’ve not seen anything negative from them about Tesla and don’t recall them being part of the emissions scandal. However, this reviewer makes me want to see the car flop for getting stuff wrong about the Model 3 that he shouldn’t have after bragging about how many miles he’d driven one. So now I’m left to wonder if he did it on purpose. If it was all just a big mistake, then what else is he mistaken about the Polestar; I can’t trust his word.

I don't know about Volvo, but the original ICCT testing that began Dieselgate tested a Jetta, a Passat and a BMW X5, and they found that the BMW was within regulatory limits, except under heavy load.

Ironically, the ICCT's original conclusion from their test was that there was available emissions control technology to meet regulatory targets, but once the further investigation revealed the criminal activity by VW it destroyed diesel's future and cemented policy that supported electrification as the preferred path.

I will be shocked if the actual EPA range of the Polestar 2 is over 250 miles. With no charging network, in the US it will sell worse than the E-tron.

While the lack of a charging network is a pretty big differentiator, I think the real problem is that Volvo Dealers won't be able to sell them. I posted my experience a couple of weeks ago trying to buy a Polestar II and the impression I got was that the sales manager at the dealership I called resented the fact that Polestar even exists. I don't see how that is going to lead to positive ownership experience. Polestar has almost no presence in the US. I would bet dollars to donuts they sell in very low volumes in N. America.

Monocoque stainless steel chassis ala Cybertruck. Basic interior easily sanitizable with fixed environmental controls that are voice actuated, minimal sound system for communication purposes, trunk/luggage storage lid operation automated. 150 mile range maximum. No glove box!
Once these are in the fleet, the idea that you will sit at home and send your FSD $70,000 Tesla out to rake in big bucks is laughable.

How bout we let Tesla actually solve L5 FSD and also solve totally automated supercharging that you'll also need for robotaxis to be worth much (that one creepy snake prototype that never went anywhere notwithstanding) before we worry about them designing dedicated robotaxi only cars?

However, this reviewer makes me want to see the car flop for getting stuff wrong about the Model 3 that he shouldn’t have after bragging about how many miles he’d driven one. So now I’m left to wonder if he did it on purpose. If it was all just a big mistake, then what else is he mistaken about the Polestar; I can’t trust his word.

One thing I've noticed about Rob from watching his other videos is that he doesn't appear to do much homework on the subjects he covers and he is not very informed in general. He has a lot of misconceptions that show through based on questions he asks and comments he makes.

He does have a nice presentation style and his accent is lovely but I don't know why anyone would say they trust him when it comes to the nitty-gritty of EV's.

From what I understand the IP allegedly being stolen is how Tesla recruits employees.

How they identify and recruit top people. Human Resources "IP"

The people caught downloading files before leaving for Rivian are Human Resources employees and people working on the Supercharger Network identifying locations,permitting, and installing the Networks. Tesla says one HR person switching employment from Tesla to Rivian admitted the theft when confronted by Tesla lawyers.

I think that is difficult IP to put a dollor number on.

As opposed to making Rivian pay a royalty fee for every car made that infringed on battery cooling, autonomous driving, etc IP.

So far as I know it is not software,electrical, or mechanical engineers.
I believe that one of the non-engineering folks accessed some technical data prior to leaving as well, which is one of the red flags that was raised...

What does Juul Labs do to merit a ranking below Trump, boil babies alive, or something equally nefarious? :confused:

Monsanto propping-up Facebook :D

upload_2020-7-31_16-24-26.png