Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So you had an unfair advantage?
Do not think I am attacking you. let me explain.
I have a very difficult time with how unfair life is. Especially religion. Consider my soul will burn in hell for infinity, and yet if my soul would have been in one of the fishers on The Sea of Galilee When Jesus walked up to them, and told them they could be fishers of men my soul would never have such a fate. Why if Jesus just came down right now and stood in the middle of my living room as I type this I'd sell all my TSLA and join him. He isn't here now. Let me give him a second....? ....? ....? nope. Not here. Nor did Elon stop by my house selling TSLA out of his Roadster ten years ago.
The world is not fair. Supreme all-loving deities should be... and yet here I sit having bought TSLA in January because Elon did not expose himself to me until the Cybertruck reveal, and then the Stockholders on the Cybertruck Owner Forum did not show me the one true way until January... So here I sit, waiting to be elevated to my island...praise be unto all things Elon.
At least I didn't end up like this:
A look at the Heaven’s Gate mass suicide on its 20th anniversary
But then again maybe they are all driving Teslas in heaven..on the other side of Mars?
You're thinking of that OTHER N Tesla perhaps? The one best not mentioned here:

• Funny
Reactions: lafrisbee
After Tesla has "proven themselves" Model 3 ramp up was a complete cluster ****.

No one has claimed Rivian has accomplished anything in manufacturing, because they have even attempted it yet.

Pointing out what they will attempt over the next year.

Some people need to take a chill pill when pointing out some obvious facts that Tesla is not perfect.

Elon Musk himself is not this defensive regarding Tesla nor SpaceX.

Elon said his goal for his companies is to be less stupid over time.

So you reject Elon's statements about manufacturing being much harder than design? The many startup failures are of no consequence? Okay, fine, that's your view.

Note: I'm not saying Rivian won't succeed. I fully recognize that I'm not in a position to make statements like that. What I am saying is that I believe that Elon is right about manufacturing being hard, and much harder than product design -- including the specific example of automotive. Rivian does seem to be the best positioned of the EV startups, but I think it is far from certain that they will simply bring their truck to market without difficulty.

So while we're all here lusting after private's islands, you like "Been there, done it, got the t-shirt" :(
Sorry! I should point out that as one grows older one generally becomes less adventurous. IN my case, at least, COVID-19 is the only thing keeping me from traveling.
My most recent experience a month ago spending 2 1/2 days getting from GIG to MIA (~8 hours nonstop) because of half-days in GRU and IAH definitely keeps me local.

Since when do we all find $14xx price to be boring. Looking at minuscule volume it seems everyone is asleep.
So, we all obsess about how we got here!

Actually it's kind of interesting because with such low volume you'd normally be seeing Shorty pushing the price down, but ain't happening.

So either they are shorting, but people keep gobbling up the cheap shares, or they daren't given that S&P could be announced at any moment and bring a 20% spike with it.

I think we'll know about any S&P decision, long before we read it...

Sorry! I should point out that as one grows older one generally becomes less adventurous. IN my case, at least, COVID-19 is the only thing keeping me from traveling.
My most recent experience a month ago spending 2 1/2 days getting from GIG to MIA (~8 hours nonstop) because of half-days in GRU and IAH definitely keeps me local.

I'm going the opposite way, but my adventures are around Europe, not the world. If the SP wakes up and allows me to retire, I shall be driving that Roadster II around Europe and Scandinavia for a lot of my retirement.

Hmmm, maybe I could research and write a book on beer, that's an idea, would keep me busy, and happy...

No, it means that I found the story on Google which, being Google, likes to wrap its digital tentacles around the WSJ’s own URL for its own story, such wrappage for all intents and purposes turning it into a Google URL enabling Google to snoop around and “learn” more about you and your interests should you click on such a link. Not that anyone notices or cares, as they blissfully click on the link anyway, a type of link Google calls “AMP” the official marketing name being Accelerated Mobile Publishing as if Google is doing us all a favor speeding up the web for us but in reality just means Google didn’t like what Apple was doing with Apple News, Apple’s version of wrapping its respective digital tentacles around an independent news outlet’s story URL so it can respectively hitch a ride with the poor schmuck who blissfully clicks on it unaware of what’s going on, or Facebook’s similar mechanisms for snooping and privacy invasion spun as improving the user experience.

I rather object to these digital tentacles wrapping themselves around news story URLs so I fetch my trusty digital machete and hack away, restoring the URL to its original unadulterated state and make it a practice to share story links on TMC that way (a losing battle, like fighting city hall, as I’m probably the only TMC user who practices such internet hygiene, but it’s how I roll).

The WSJ story URL I shared had been duly cleansed of AMP tentacles, but the consequence of that is that the WSJ, to which I owe no subscription dues, nor allegiance, nor claim any fondness, activates its paywall, blocking any visitor who has not parted with, as you say, their cold hard cash, to read such an article. In this case, it is my opinion they are doing the world a favor, but it’s worth Tesla investors knowing about the existence and timing of the article because it is influential (and infuriating) FUD published by the most prominent news outlet in the financial world.

Thanks for the detailed explanation. When I tried to Google the WSJ "hit-piece" (yesterday) to find a version that wasn't paywalled I was unsuccessful. Are you saying I can steal from the WSJ? This would make me very happy. I actually like to read as many "hit pieces" as I can. :)

I'm going the opposite way, but my adventures are around Europe, not the world. If the SP wakes up and allows me to retire, I shall be driving that Roadster II around Europe and Scandinavia for a lot of my retirement.

Hmmm, maybe I could research and write a book on beer, that's an idea, would keep me busy, and happy...
Lots and lots and lots of research = pint after pint after pint. FSD should be level 10 by that time :)

With S/P holding steady and low volume, are how are options prices looking? Coming back to earth or still a big premium for volatility? Asking for a friend.

I just looked at bullish short-term calls and they still look pretty steep to me. Of course, if TSLA breaks out in a big way they are a steal! Obviously. If not, you have just thrown your money away. Obviously.

In other words, it all depends on what you think the chances are for a big break-out.

Actually it's kind of interesting because with such low volume you'd normally be seeing Shorty pushing the price down, but ain't happening.

So either they are shorting, but people keep gobbling up the cheap shares, or they daren't given that S&P could be announced at any moment and bring a 20% spike with it.

I think we'll know about any S&P decision, long before we read it...
We’re in the calm before the storm.

Maybe keep the driving and the research separate.
This is an advice :).