Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OT
anticipation.gif

LOL, he's probably just going home to make a vegan turkey samiche...
Franz works in LA, right? - that is the design center. That is probably where the announcement will be.

I'm glad the wait is almost over because I literally didn't even know I was waiting until that splash page showed up. I now think this is HW3 at a minimum but most likely the $35k model and probably other surprises. Supercharger v3 as well..

Reactions: Tslynk67
Trying to think of a reason for why order would be blocked. It can't just be Hardware 3.0 because there would be no reason to block all orders since that would just be an added benefit. If I ordered a Tesla right now and found out in 2 hours that there's new hardware for FSD, that doesn't fundamentally change my order. It's just a benefit and plus.

But that would miss out on the PR/marketing/showmanship aspect of announcement. Look at the buzz generated ...

Regarding suspending orders, I have to think it's because pricing terms are changing. If it was just new hardware you get for free, then there would be no reason to suspend orders.

It's something which is in the order agreement like which features you are getting and at what price. And the fact that S and X orders are also suspended does hint at a HW3.

Not even Wall st knows what to do. The stock is hasn't moved since the initial small pop.

There is action, just not easily visible: since the order page has been updated about 1 million shares have been sold so far, preventing the $320 breakout. Implied volatility of options is steadily creeping up.