Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Buy when everyone hates it, sell when everyone loves it. Or, sell when people think it's "funny" that anyone would sell ... because obviously it can only go up.

I’m curious what you envision happening over the next few months with TSLA SP? I can understand your actions given your 10y valuation, but do you not think there will be a further appreciation of the SP with the various news on the horizon? Or just figuring that since a lot of people are expecting that, the opposite will find a way to happen?

upload_2020-8-7_14-11-42.png

upload_2020-8-7_14-12-19.png

Ready for lift off on Monday :)

Was there a fight between two MMs?

if you look at max-pain and zoom in, there are a couple of peaks there. One was at 1425, . Perhaps that was where one MM wanted it. But a bit higher up are peaks at 1445/1450. Perhaps that was where another MM wanted it, and why we got the rise at the end.

We pretty much mirrored the Naz all day, with a multiplier of course...

EDIT: Not mutually exclusive with what you are suggesting.

Was there a fight between two MMs?

if you look at max-pain and zoom in, there are a couple of peaks there. One was at 1425, . Perhaps that was where one MM wanted it. But a bit higher up are peaks at 1445/1450. Perhaps that was where another MM wanted it, and why we got the rise at the end.
The MM with the greater capital won like always :)

Reactions: SpaceCash
Re: BlackS's post on this article:
"The U.S. Air Force awards ULA and SpaceX with billions in 5 years of national security launch contracts, with the companies beating out Blue Origin and Northrop Grumman in the highly competitive NSSL Phase 2 program."

It's hard to describe just how important this is for SpaceX. While it was by far the expected outcome (SpaceX is the only company out of the four competing that has a reliable launch vehicle which is not set to be phased out within the next five years), it would have been devastating for them if they didn't win.

Well, 5:15 has come and gone, no S&P for us tonight.

Ye of little faith - Friday announcements are later (between 8:30-9:00 PM).

Looks like maybe June 12, 2020 was the last Friday announcement and it was at 8:56 PM.

S&P 500 Index (WHT 15%) - S&P Dow Jones Indices (scroll down to June 12)

You aren't ready to enjoy the weekend free of S&P announcement hope just yet. ;):D

Sold 3/4 of my position today. Had every intention of holding forever when I bought it, but I'll take my 6x in one year and be happy. Other companies that I love with better risk/reward ratios. I'll buy again if the price/value improves.

P.S. All the island buying and happy spouse talk is bad luck. Lots of "former" stock market millionaires in the world.

You’ll be sorry. You think the big deal was behind door #1, but that was the booby prize door.

BTW, a person makes their own luck. There’s an actual recipe. One ingredient is believing you deserve good fortune; that you’ve been a ‘good’ person, worked hard, and therefore deserve to be rewarded.

Best wishes.

just got 5 shares at $1420.... raised my avg purchase price quite a bit ... feels like a short term mistake ... but a long term winner ....

I used to obsess about ruining my average cost of which I was proud, then I realised this is a mistaken way of thinking. Over the last month or so I've been hoovering up 5's and 10's when the price dipped even though it smashed my average price. My thinking is now as follows: my medium term target from here is $4000, so every 10 shares I pick up should return an additional $25,000 from current prices. Forget average price, it's history.