Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OT: I brought my car in for repair and got to chat for a bit with a Tesla advisor. I told him I may want to trade in my 4-year old X for a new one before Tesla stops making them.

He said Tesla won't stop making the X and there are many enhancements planned, including Plaid in a couple of month, a tri-motor version, and an interior refresh. Was surprised he volunteered so much information, definitely going to wait for what's coming to Model X next.

Honestly, he's probably speculating just as much as we are here. I would wager he's just a well-informed staffer (meaning he follows rumors/news).

Why don't Tesla make a trailer with a battery pack under the floor. Then we get the extra range when we need it. Could be for general hauling. And someone like Airstream could build a camper on top of it.
that has been discussed at length. Solar panel roof, battery pack chassis etc.,…We need to focus on building the best electric cars and generating energy.

Last edited:
Reactions: jerry33
Based on a tweet from Third Row Podcast: "Exactly, Plaid is just the name for the triple motor drivetrain" Elon responded "There’s a bit more to it than that".

So they may be two different things. All speculation of course...

I read elons remark to be "it's the tri motor drivetrain plus some other changes outside the drivetrain"

Probably like suspension improvements and such since they seem to be nurburbring focused with the plaid protoypes.

They've got a guy there who used to work at Space X.

What a career trajectory - from working on changing the future of humanity @ Space X to making lawn Roombas.

Graze | Autonomous Mowing

OK - on a serious note - this is a space that is ripe for disruption - and generates sizeable amounts of pollution. Im pretty sure most lawn mowers and chainsaws are still ICE, and have virtually no pollution controls on them

'Graze' really has its job cut out for it if it thinks it can outperform Husqvarna's Automowers, like our 430X:
IMG_0623.jpg

They are incredibly advanced and even - for a given definition for that term - economical. A golf course like that depicted would need a small fleet - say 3-5 - of the 450X version.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    119.4 KB · Views: 50
  • image.png
    image.png
    612.7 KB · Views: 47
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    119.4 KB · Views: 41
  • image.png
    image.png
    612.7 KB · Views: 48
It is possible they would have a tri-motor version with version with smaller dual rear motors, perhaps a bit more range than Plaid and a bit less power,... and/or a smaller battery pack... but most probably Plaid is tri-motor and there is only one variant.

I just feel like it's a waste to have a sku between 0-60 in 2.3 seconds and 0-60 in under 2 seconds. Maybe for towing? The cybertruck needs the 3rd motor to tow. Also he said alien technology. Triple motor doesn't seem like some kind of break through. This will be interesting.

Reactions: Nocturnal and MC3OZ
I just feel like it's a waste to have a sku between 0-60 in 2.3 seconds and 0-60 in under 2 seconds. Maybe for towing? The cybertruck needs the 3rd motor to tow. Also he said alien technology. Triple motor doesn't seem like some kind of break through. This will be interesting.

0-60 in 2.1 and able to do more than 2 laps on the track without overheating would be a huge leap forward for the S from a performance perspective- on top of that a serious track mode like the 3 offers and some additional suspension improvements would make for a very serious full sized sedan.

For alien tech that'll be the hovering roadster :p

Reactions: Nocturnal
'Graze' really has its job cut out for it if it thinks it can outperform Husqvarna's Automowers, like our 430X:
View attachment 580702
They are incredibly advanced and even - for a given definition for that term - economical. A golf course like that depicted would need a small fleet - say 3-5 - of the 450X version.

does it work well? I am thinking about getting one. I wish it didn't cut on some random pattern because at least on your picture I can see the cut/path lines.

Well, if you remember my namesakes book "War of the Worlds", Martians always had everything in threes. legs, even eye lenses and of course we always carried three tripods in every ship.

I have to admit, I was getting really nervous this morning. I'm closing my surgical practice November 1st and still haven't locked in any gains. I almost sold 1,000 shares at the open today. Then I remembered my super powers and sold the 20 covered calls for this Friday (2500 SP). Not only did it stop the fall, but we finished a little green today. However, with the additional calls I sold for Jan 22 previously, I don't want to put any more shares on the line, so if we start dropping tomorrow, someone else has to either sell stock or covered calls. I can't do ALL the work around here.... Thank you. ;)

I feel you.
Just finished 7 days straight on call, spent 2 nights up for open fractures, 2 other nights they called me 3-4 times during the night for analgesia adjustment to complete half doses, on my OR on Friday I felt I was not in an optimal shape, and it finished with 8 cases on Saturday and Sunday.
Didn’t see my kids and my wife for the whole week. Those sacrifices we have to make, I don’t see myself doing that after 60, maybe even sooner.

When my portfolio hits 5M, I will have to think about the future to transition to private practice to avoid being on call 1/4, that’s the worst.

Good luck to you and take care of your family

OT: I brought my car in for repair and got to chat for a bit with a Tesla advisor. I told him I may want to trade in my 4-year old X for a new one before Tesla stops making them.

He said Tesla won't stop making the X and there are many enhancements planned, including Plaid in a couple of month, a tri-motor version, and an interior refresh. Was surprised he volunteered so much information, definitely going to wait for what's coming to Model X next.

Crappy salesman.

So E*TRADE got back to me with instructions on how to get a "legal proxy" so that I can attend the virtual shareholders meeting:

To request a Legal Proxy for the upcoming TSLA shareholder meeting, you need to go to www.proxyvote.com and use your control number xxx to access your profile. Next, you will need to click "vote in person" which is located at the top left of the page right under the bold words "Make your selection below". While you do not plan to vote in person due to the meeting being held virtually, the language on the site is still set up for the traditional in person setting. Upon completing this process, a Legal Proxy will be sent to you, typically within 5-7 business days.

Per the Tesla Shareholder Notice, once you receive your Legal Proxy, you will need to submit a copy of it from your e-mail address with "Legal Proxy" in the subject line to [email protected]. If your request is received no later than 2:00 PM Pacific Time on September 17, 2020, you will receive a confirmation e-mail with your control number.

• Informative
Reactions: EnergyMax