Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 580732 View attachment 580733 View attachment 580734 View attachment 580735 View attachment 580732 I can’t wait for the Cybertruck and adding even the smallest of batteries in the camper would help. I laughed so hard when the guy from Cupertino said he never worries about charging. I can’t drive east out of Arizona and any way I please. Go check the Kayenta Supercharger thread it has been promised for year while Ca got at least 20 more stations. We have to juggle how to leave the state to the north or south. When the Cybertruck starts rolling out of Texas I’ll be smiling large and wondering when they’ll make the trailer to go with it.
This some how feels wrong with the triangles juxtaposed against rectangles. I don't care for a roadster, but when Tesla gets sufficiently high, I might be eyeing a semi RV conversion. That's the real deal!

Hey All, been lurking for a few weeks, my first post. Shareholder for slightly over an year and waiting for the CyberTruck. Some pretty incredible information in this thread, glad I found it but also wish I found it earlier.

Busy weekend coming up for Elon with Neuralink Webcast on Friday, another Starlink launch over the weekend and TSLA stock split on Monday (probably open $420.69).

Our buddy GJ....talking out of his arse again. It is so comical to see this guy and how convincing he tries to be. Stay classy GJ :) comparing the Tulip bubble to $TSLA.

I remember once stumbling in to a forum somewhere. There was this guy who was convinced that the aliens are landing and he had a date for when that was going to happen.
I went back reading the thread and I noticed over time he had had at least 4 or 5 different dates that had all come and gone with no aliens. But he would always just come up with a new date and in between dates people were asking him "if this date the aliens won't come, will you THEN admit they aren't coming at all?". And he would just go "nah man, they are coming. I'm sure!".
The video reminds me of that thread.
I guess when you have been telling yourself a story for long enough, it's hard to let go. Also I think Steven might be on to something. This might just be an attempt to manipulate other investors.

I remember once stumbling in to a forum somewhere. There was this guy who was convinced that the aliens are landing and he had a date for when that was going to happen.
I went back reading the thread and I noticed over time he had had at least 4 or 5 different dates that had all come and gone with no aliens. But he would always just come up with a new date and in between dates people were asking him "if this date the aliens won't come, will you THEN admit they aren't coming at all?". And he would just go "nah man, they are coming. I'm sure!".
The video reminds me of that thread.
I guess when you have been telling yourself a story for long enough, it's hard to let go. Also I think Steven might be on to something. This might just be an attempt to manipulate other investors.

There used to be a guy in Huntington Beach California with a van that foretold the end of the world. Everything was to end back in 2012, based on the Mayan calendar. His belief was strong enough that he painted the story on the side of the van.

I haven’t seen that van in years.

Reactions: GOVA
Something up? TSLA up $23 after hours. Have not seen anything yet.

Edit: never mind.

Edit 2: Philippe Houchois. Tip Ranks 433 out of 6890, someone who has a reputation that is worth keeping. +22% for year.

Stange, din't see this reported on CNBS front-page...

For $TSLA he has 100% success rate:

upload_2020-8-26_9-38-39.png

Any idea on the pricing of weeklies at strikes 50% above the SP, in the recent months, years?

I was also anyone here been selling weeklies.
I am particularly interested in the pricing of the weekly calls at 50% above the SP?
This Monday (08/24), I looked at the option prices for 08/28.
Although they seem to give return 08/28 $2550C was $7.15, i.e., 1.4% per week, the option prices right now might not be a good sample, given that there are some events upcoming soonish.

I was wondering at what return the weeklies tend to be priced at for strike 50% above the SP.

Not for $2500, no way. My lowest PT for selling is $4000, I expect $800 strikes to become available post-splitterino after which I'll be OK to start selling some covered calls to make some free cash.

BTW, I recommend you ask this in this thread: Applying options strategy 'the wheel' to TSLA

I feel you.
Just finished 7 days straight on call, spent 2 nights up for open fractures, 2 other nights they called me 3-4 times during the night for analgesia adjustment to complete half doses, on my OR on Friday I felt I was not in an optimal shape, and it finished with 8 cases on Saturday and Sunday.
Didn’t see my kids and my wife for the whole week. Those sacrifices we have to make, I don’t see myself doing that after 60, maybe even sooner.

When my portfolio hits 5M, I will have to think about the future to transition to private practice to avoid being on call 1/4, that’s the worst.

Good luck to you and take care of your family

So, where do I sign up?

Last edited: