Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Going to be a mess for some time with lots of weird strikes.

So the illiquidity will come from people preferring round numbers then...

I did read somewhere that you wouldn't be able to open new positions on such calls, but I don't know whether that's accurate or not.

In any case, to avoid any doubt, I adapted the couple I had to nice post-splitterino strikes.

TBH, will be happy when we get to next Monday and all this nonsense is over, plus the SP can power through $500 on the opening day :D

They could just round the strikes, and give back the balance as credit/debit to your account. I don't think they can handle all the fractions that will occur.

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Well I prefer capping a $2100 than at $2000, but there's quite some upward pressure still.

Assuming they've hedged and let $2090 and $2100 slip, there's quite a pile on $2110.

On the other hand, Citadel could dump a million shares 5 minutes before the bell on Friday and it would all be academic...
Citadel would have to have balls THIS BIG to dump 5 million shares just before close with no ah trading till monday when the stock opens at 1/5th price.
I am still trying to piece together why AH buying will not be allowed during that extended time period. It seems that there is a very good reason for TSLA to have that down time. And it isn't just to make sure someone divided by five instead of 4, is it?
Some data, some movement, some psychological triggers? sumpin'?
And as to today's opening move to $2100+. The MM's did not wake up thinking it was Friday afternoon. They have some real information, or another harvesting play, or they are deep in shhhhhhugar. This big bump to $2100 is going to get some attention from other segments.
And no one can tell me sugar as to why they popped it to $2100, and then put the chains on it.
?
Not even after it happened...volume was not there this morning. Heck it is after 1PM and less than 7 million shares have traded. And the price is controlled right at 2100+/-.