Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As a US citizen, the way the EU is trying to blackmail the U.K by getting them to pay billions is shameful. I won't blame the Brits (and would probably encourage them) to give the finger to Brussels and do a hard exit. The $billions they don't pay can be used to improve their own trade and country. Don't put up with Belgium's powerless threats. Just trade with US and China and everyone else and they'll be just fine

Sorry to respond and muddy the thread, but to have to counter this FUD.

Blackmail? You mean the requirement for the UK to pay what it has previously agreed to? If the UK doesn't pay what's legally due to the EU then it will be taken to court. Furthermore, if I were a prospective future trading-partner to the UK, would I really want to engage with a country that walks-away from its obligations when it decides it doesn't like it any more?

Not "Belgium's" threat either, it's the EU, which consist of 28 Member States. And there's no threat; it's fact.

jbcarioca, that flight you expected to arrive a few hours earlier was over 13h. In line with China Eastern 578 flying on the same route at the same time. GLF6 is faster than an airliner but not on such a long trip. Would be low on fuel if flown at max cruise.
Yes, that can happen. That is the problem with generalizations including mine. Long range cruise is less variable for the G650 than it is for the B777-300ER. My best information suggests that MU freight loads LAX-PVG are very light, although passenger loads the last few weeks have been ~80% or so. Thus LAX-PVG is likely to be relatively quicker than normal, due to the lighter load. The other direction would be different right now. of course that is relative between the two aircraft, not absolute terms.

Anyway, you're correct; I was wrong!

Elon was certainly quite forthcoming in his speech. Imagine a Supercharger installation of any size start to finish in twelve days!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
There’s a ton of money on the sidelines held by folks who won’t/can’t invest in Tesla until it’s demonstrably profitable. With each additional consecutive quarter of profits, more of that money starts buying. Eventually that triggers a breakout. Hard to predict how many quarters does the trick, but two consecutive quarters is a meaningful benchmark for a lot of big money.

Furthermore, players will switch teams. Some of those players are the ones using the services of BI, etc. mercenaries. The news will switch to mostly positive and the stock will be "pumped" fast.

This is a really good interview of Munro:

Model 3 motor is using halbach array for the magnets that achieves more power for a given weight, and this is not found in bmw i3 and chevy bolt. Specifically, this is a square root of 2 factor of improvement in power (~40% more) due to use of halbach array.

Young Kelvin over on Twitter quotes an unnamed supplier, that the magnet quad is not actually a Halbach array:

Kelvin Yang on Twitter

PS. Pre-market trade up @ 342.41$ :)

With all the issues around, what is driving the pre market? For the past few days the stock has been going in the right direction.

Surely the analysing of q4 numbers can't be that short sited that now as the data is being looked in to, the margins are now being considerd? Or is all this off the back of the China story? As I'm seeing more posative tesla press where after Christmas it was bordering on slander.

Nothing I can see is new information as we aware discussing China Europe and various leavers to pull to increase sales if required, as well as the margins on vehicles etc. Has it just taken longer for wallstreet to digest? Or is a little poop dribbling down some ones legs (as they are wearing shorts)...

What are everyone's thoughts?

• Funny
Reactions: M|S|W
With all the issues around, what is driving the pre market? For the past few days the stock has been going in the right direction.

Surely the analysing of q4 numbers can't be that short sited that now as the data is being looked in to, the margins are now being considerd? Or is all this off the back of the China story? As I'm seeing more posative tesla press where after Christmas it was bordering on slander.

Institutions are done loading up and big bears covered so they stop manipulating the price. Also Ellison could be buying more shares

+1,82%, over 1% greater than NASDAQ futures. Seriously, TSLA, are you going to do this for a third day in a row? ;)

This isn't even the beginning. When we reach all time highs, then it starts.

I have to keep reminding myself this because it's easy to get excited about the rapid rise in price.

But the market is just starting to realize the astounding potential of the company, no longer obscured by massive losses (building vehicles at low volumes) and Elon s antics.

That potential and its associated value becomes more glaring when you compare to AAPLs recent troubles with lack of growth and vision.

And AMZN is an amazing mind blowing company but is at a later stage of growth and no matter what it does cannot achieve multiples capable of Tesla with a market cap of only 60 billion.

So it can happen, I think the share price can take off from here, provide no unexpected obstacles with macros. It may not but it could.

I remember AMZN at 250 a share a few years ago. peopke were worried about macros then too

I think some here are feeling a little too excited a little too soon. We're only now just about back to the pre- P&D numbers levels. The market still owes quite a bit to the TSLA price to be where it should have gone given the P&D numbers for Q4, and frankly for the fact that the majority of the M3 ramp and the biggest risk to Tesla's existence is now behind us.

Nothing I can see is new information as we aware discussing China Europe and various leavers to pull to increase sales if required, as well as the margins on vehicles etc. Has it just taken longer for wallstreet to digest? Or is a little poop dribbling down some ones legs (as they are wearing shorts)...

I would not pay much attention to pre or after market activity...it is largely a waste of time. Low volume, manipulation, and when there are big moves most created gaps will be filled. Interesting to watch, but a waste of mental energy.