Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla are revising their website right now.

Some new polish... quite nice. Used Inventory section is non-functional at present

www.tesla.com
I sure hope I’m experiencing caching because I’m not a fan of this design change. But I also don’t like how there’s vertical and horizontal stuff going on without obvious cues. Looks like I should be able to swipe left and right to select the different models but I can’t. I need need to actually click on them. Then it flakes out when I try to “order’ an X or S and jumps me down to an “experience Tesla” section featuring a Model 3. Don’t make me think. Form over function IMO. Shiney and chrome but weird to navigate through. Lord help the folks I know in their 60s and 70s (my parents) around here that struggle with even old school websites. Lol.

Where do they find these people.
The guy thinks Tesla is going to make the $35,000 in China and ship to the US.

Analyst: 'Trump is going to come down on' Tesla

It doesn't matter how it really works. Trump responds to popular headlines.

If enough ppl believe it, trump will have to act. Though having tariffs on teslas assembled from china wouldn't mean anything to the bottom line. As they get shipped to asia, It'd be a good buying opportunity.

Maybe I am an outlier. I have bought a number of cars with no test drive, a couple because i bought them prior to their launch date.Here is the list, from my memory:
DAF 33; Mazda R100; Morgan +8; Ferrari 308GT4; Nissan 300ZX Turbo; Porsche 964; Audi A4 convertible; BMW X1 2.8.
Oddly I had driven Model S before I bought mine, but never a P85D. I had driven several Model 3 but never a P3D+
I suspect many people have bought without test drives.
When I sold my:
- DAF 33 the buyer looked at the car and handed me cash, first drove it after he bought it,
- The buyer for a Peugeot 308 that I sold bought the car without driving,
-The buyer of my Mazda R100 never even saw the car, I sent him photos he sent a messenger with teh payment and the messenger drove away with the car.
-My A4 convertible buyer wired me funds sight unseen and later came to get his car.
That is four specific cases with USED cars. Probably outliers all, but after that happened the first two times I quit thinking it was odd. For newly introduced models, especially special ones, I do not think it is very unusual to buy before driving.

Can I convince you to drive a M3P and come back here to let us know how it may affect your investment decision?

2nd ever post. FUD article.

A not so welcome to the forum Mr. Czeching :(

Edit: Since you’re new around here. The etiquette is that if you are going to post a link, you should also summarize what Is in that link and why you’re linking it.

Further Edit: The article is a hit piece. Don’t waste your time. Written by LA Times writer Russ Mitchell. I looked him up on twitter and he is just as much a TSLAQ troll as any of them. Literally retweeting TSLAQ FUD, like TeslaCharts. Literally everything he writes is with blinders to real facts and skewed in whichever way makes Tesla looks worse.

Last edited:
What you see here?
Model S, X are planes.
Model 3 is a rocket.
Model Y you can't see because it is an UFO. :)
DyRg4xbX0AECKE_.jpg:large

barring any negative macro news, I have the feeling that we will see a slow but steady hike from here for the next weeks. reasons/signals:
  • lack of MMD (NASDAQ dip today at ~1100 was not amplified)
  • deepak shock was digested pretty quickly
  • another derisking step completed -> 2nd profitable quarter in a row opened the stock to new investors
  • S&P inclusion late 2019/early 2020 became pretty apparent, means arbitrageurs will become active

I predict unpredictable movements until Model Y reveal which will have a huge spike the next day followed by profit taking and then more unpredictable movements.