Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fine, I'll drop it.
If that's "humour", let's just say that I don't get it. :Þ

(Other posts deleted)
Proper answer Karen is "Tenable, I apologize...".

"Fine, I'll drop it" implies as if you're doing us/him a favour, where it's quite obvious you were quick to judge and wrong.

Why do I have a feeling these isn't gonna endear me to you? Please show me I'm wrong, and have miss-judged you!
I'm known to be quick to judge too, perhaps you will take this critique in good spirit? If you answer this with 'Z, you're right', I'll have to answer with 'but I was wrong...' :)

PPP is very problematic, subject to lots of biases.

besides, you don't buy Teslas with theoretical PPP dollars anyways.

Tesla doesn't care about how many dollars someone has before paying for basic necessities like housing,food, and utilities but how many dollars they have to spend on luxuries like premium cars.

The Chinese buy roughly the same number of BMW 3 Series as Europeans and it is not done with theoretical dollars, euros or yuan.

.....So the number of orders is about 16k.

M3 Delivery estimates:
December 2018 = 25250
January 2019 = 6,500

I didn't notice if anyone has pointed this out clearly yet but if 16K is estimated to Germany and 6500 this month to the US.... doesn't that total 22500 so far not including China and the rest of Europe?

The 16K may not all be delivered in January tho.

• Funny
Reactions: Smokey4141
Proper answer Karen is "Tenable, I apologize...".

I hope I'm not disturbing your beating of this dead horse, but on the topic of "regrettable premature rushes to judgement", the words you were looking for from me were in the next post down:

"Tenable: If you're actually long, as your history suggests, then I do apologize."

But I'll duck out now and let you continue with that horse if you wish.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lessmog
Oh my god, I just sent about 25 Tweets tonight debating completely moronic Tesla shorts and an LA times auto technology reporter.

These tools are completely dense. Literally, they act as if their IQs are in the mid-teens.

I feel dirty and ashamed that I wasted an hour of my life.

toddeburch if you want to look it up on Twitter.

Warning: I was not polite.

Oh my god, I just sent about 25 Tweets tonight debating completely moronic Tesla shorts and an LA times auto technology reporter.

These tools are completely dense. Literally, they act as if their IQs are in the mid-teens.

I feel dirty and ashamed that I wasted an hour of my life.

toddeburch if you want to look it up on Twitter.

Warning: I was not polite.
There’s a short that thinks Tesla is shipping Model 3s overseas and dumping them into the ocean. No joke

Ha. One guy is telling me that Tesla didn’t really get EU approval and they’re just lying.

These dudes need to start a comedy troupe.

That used to be called black humor. I had lunch with John Lily and his wife after he spoke on our campus. Our host, chair of the cultural programs committee, was an expert on black humor. My SO at the time was one of the early black reporters hired by the Sacramento Bee who saved the day, according to Lily's wife, when I asked our host if his subject matter was racist. Don't remember her reason for answering, "No."

I was into split-brain research at the time. When asked about it Lily drew on the paper table-cloth simultaneously his name with one hand and with the other a mirror image. I was amazed. In class the next day I showed this on the blackboard and amazingly could also repeat the performance. (But I cheated by writing "John" with one hand while the other wrote the mirror image. Maybe it only works for that word.)

Altogether now, try it!:rolleyes: Hint: Start at the middle and work outward. Must be the weekend, babble, babble.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fact Checking
Typical Chinese family have two generations live together or close by. Senior members would usually be driven by younger members, and rear seat leg room is very important because of that.

Exactly. For young generations, most family has only one car. And their parent generation, most don't own cars at all. We are talking about leg room because the car is often used as family car to carry 4-5 people (couple in the front, parent and kid in the back), not because chauffeur car.

I don’t get it. It’s not like the Chinese are tall people.

Anecdotal evidence from the chinese i met travelling. Rich 2nd gen kids are pretty tall. 6'1 and above for males. 5'10 for women.

They'll be the ones buying teslas.

Of course, someone is refute this by posting datas of average chinese height that includes malnourished rural population.