Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Secondly, an ICE car does around $50k damage to health and environment during its lifetime, so there's nothing "punitive" about taxing them much higher. In fact the equal treatment of ICE cars in many other countries is a hidden subsidy.

I’ve not seen the $50k figure specifically quoted before. Would love to see that source and have it at my disposal for friendly convos if you could provide a link. Thanks.

I think if Tesla will not bring calming comment on that, it will drop below 300 tomorrow unfortunately.

Don't really understand the fuss. A few days or weeks without a software feature. Apparently some people care a lot but I would just shrug my shoulders. I guess the people most upset (or excited) are the shorts.

I guess jobs and cleaner air doesn’t count.
She probably doesn’t know much about Elon, which is understandable by the information wall of FUD fed to us daily.

Just as Rogan had a mind shift, so too could AOC and most legislators upon really understanding what Elon is doing.

Also, she may learn that Tesla is the first and only auto manufacturer that has paid back its gov’t loan ten years in advance and with interest.

And that’s just tip of the iceberg of return on investment.

Meet Musk now.

Is there any way to get back a tesla market action thread? I think the majority of posts here are just people having random discussions that are tangentially related to tesla. It's nearly impossible to scan through all the posts coming out for any usable information and I know some people have said previously "did you miss when I posted this or that"- of course I missed it, it's buried in 1000 posts of people talking about political platform or random pictures of animals etc.
Agreed. I also get lost in the random side discussions.

I think if Tesla will not bring calming comment on that, it will drop below 300 tomorrow unfortunately.

Eh? If this story was going to make an impact
In trouble like the last X years when the SP graph has resembled an EEG bouncing all over the place? And the fundamentals have been improving all the time. But THIS time we will be in trouble?

Seriously we've gone through this how many times now? Even if it does drop below 300, it'll bounce down to 270-280 and bounce back up and then recover

Secondly, an ICE car does around $50k damage to health and environment during its lifetime, so there's nothing "punitive" about taxing them much higher. In fact the equal treatment of ICE cars in many other countries is a hidden subsidy.

That sounds like a nice round made up number. There is no factual way to qualify that number.

In trouble like the last X years when the SP graph has resembled an EEG bouncing all over the place? And the fundamentals have been improving all the time. But THIS time we will be in trouble?

Right now I think the SP is far more limited by macros than fundamentals. Last year the markets were more worried about fundamentals.

Agreed. I also get lost in the random side discussions.
I hear you guys, but the reality is that a thread requires active discussion in order to stay alive. And when there is active discussion some of them will be tangents. And the more people are involved the more likely any given discussion will be seen by another as tangential by someone.

At the same time most people aren't really interested in tracking multiple threads so attempts to split tangents out into separate threads tends to kill those discussions. Since the discussion that happens tends to happen here people are increasingly likely to post here.

Then toss in the concern trolls whose purpose is to divert discussion into fruitless, heated arguments and you have a serious headache for moderators. So they threw in the towel and said, "have a free for all, just keep it clean." I don't blame them, moderation is a thankless task (and occasionally someone with brass will go after a moderator). They have asked people to post in appropriate threads where such exist (e.g., politics, SpaceX).

So I hear you. If I look away I can't keep up with this thread, it just moves too fast and has too many diversions. I'm doing a lot more skimming/skipping and don't bother with more than the last five pages when I come back. But unless you can convince the productive posters to all switch to a different thread and the rest of us to stay out its just lather-rinse-repeat.

Right now I think the SP is far more limited by macros than fundamentals. Last year the markets were more worried about fundamentals.
I have to agree with this strongly. I think the cash generating power of the company was demonstrated and right now the macro events (tariffs particularly) are what drive this stock until the next earnings.

• Helpful
Reactions: Esme Es Mejor