Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
JayinShanghai‏ @ShanghaiJayin
Replying to @ElectrekCo @FredericLambert
Model X 100D charging at 128kw on TOWATT chargers in China. New record?

Dy5qq6YU0AE7bkl.jpg

9:46 AM - 8 Feb 2019

And that while at a SoC of 43%.

Am impressed with Elon going all the way to Belgium to monitor
Deliveries and introduction of model 3, his dedication and thoroughness
Has no limits. Tedious work.
Didn’t you see the earlier post about Tesla’s new business. He is there for the waffles, pastries and pancakes. Batter up!

So the bun fight for today's Options expiry is at $305. 9901 Contracts traded at that price so far today, and another 9.4K contracts traded at the $307.50 strike price.

So a large transfer of is shares possible today if price closes above $305.00

TSLA Options Volume
Highest Call Strike: 305.0
Highest Call Volume: 9901
As of 2/8/2019 3:01:59 PM​

Update: As of 2/8/2019 4:02:00 PM

TSLA.Options.Vol.Exp 2019-02-08.Fri 4-02pm.png

Highest Put Strike: 300.0 *expired worthless (yeah)
Highest Put Volume: 11857
Highest Call Strike: 307.5
Highest Call Volume: 12300​

So looks like nearly 3K call contracts at 307.5 closed in the last hour of trading on Friday, as would be expected since they were about to expire worthless. It also looks like only 2.2K contracts closed at the 305 strike in the last hour, and about 2.17K contracts remained open (to be executed?).

Keep in mind, I'm a complete noob at reading these graphs, so definately YMMV. :rolleyes: Do any of our Options experts know how to tell how many shares traded due to executed Options today?

Cheers!

Last edited:
the sudden interest in selling started a bit early though. Although I wouldn't expect 310 it may recover some. These pushes are more effective within 15 minutes of close.
well, they did in fact muster quite a bit more sales and successfully kept the stock price depressed. Not sure its a winning move in the long run. What was it, $4.66B lost in the last three years?

Every now and then I take a step back from my intense focus on Tesla and TSLA.

I look at what they have accomplished and the trajectory of the company and I am VERY impressed.

I look at the trash articles and outright lies and think how can this be? Then I remind myself that poisoning the well and disinformation campaigns can be very effective in the short term.

I look at the share price over the last 2 years and think WTF?! The current SP is NOT connected to the numbers or even reality.

How can something as promising as Tesla be denied by the supposed experts?

So I wait...
I watch...
Maybe I go out for a drive ;)

Soon.

Back in aughties when the EU wanted to retaliate with tariffs the Bush administration was imposing they tried specifically to target products from Republican States.
You need not go back that far. Less than a year ago, IIRC, there was talkabout a EU plan to hit tariffs on Tennessee whiskey, Michigan motorcycles and jeans, soy beans and corn from wherever that is mined ... ;)

Reactions: Tslynk67 and Matias
Why do you think it's a shift in supply curve? The simplified/classical graph would show a shift along the supply curve and shift to the left of the demand curve. We don't have the info to really show one way or the other I think.

View attachment 375581

I think mispoke. Not that it helps Fact Checking. Tesla as a supplier is effectively a monopoly and as such there is no supply curve. Supply curve would be relevant only if the supplier had no control of the price of the product.

Its no big deal. AP needs a separate approval which is delayed due to the authorities not Tesla:

A spokesperson for Tesla said in a statement that the company is “planning to enable Autopilot in Europe beginning next week” for the Model 3. The company says all necessary tests have been completed, but that the approval is still being processed.

Autopilot is disabled on Tesla’s first Model 3 deliveries in Europe

Remember that deliveries were supposed to start next week, right, but there was some executive order from the top to have owners come to collect ASAP. So I guess everything was nicely planned, until this last-minute decision.

Reactions: saniflash

I look at what they have accomplished and the trajectory of the company and I am VERY impressed.

I look at the trash articles and outright lies and think how can this be? Then I remind myself that poisoning the well and disinformation campaigns can be very effective in the short term.

I look at the share price over the last 2 years and think WTF?! The current SP is NOT connected to the numbers or even reality.

So I wait...
I watch...

Soon.
+1 on the drive. When I had my first car you could hardly keep me off the road: I absolutely loved driving. Drove for any reason. Drove for no reason. But as the years sped by driving became a chore. I started avoiding it. One thing I liked about living in a proper city was taking public transit because it cut down on the driving.

But then I got a Tesla. I started getting urges to just get behind the wheel and go for a drive. It brings joy. I love my Tesla :)

+1 on the drive. When I had my first car you could hardly keep me off the road: I absolutely loved driving. Drove for any reason. Drove for no reason. But as the years sped by driving became a chore. I started avoiding it. One thing I liked about living in a proper city was taking public transit because it cut down on the driving.

But then I got a Tesla. I started getting urges to just get behind the wheel and go for a drive. It brings joy. I love my Tesla :)

I drive everywhere since with solar on my roof over producing my yearly needs, my Tesla cost me and the environment nothing..so might as well.

Reactions: humbaba
Macro news:

Dow, S&P 500 bulls faced the most important test of the new year, says analyst

Mod: DO NOT post entire articles, it is a violation of copyright and terms of service. --ggr.
Dow, S&P 500 bulls faced the most important test of the new year, says analyst

Published: Feb 8, 2019 4:26 p.m. ET

Mott Capital’s Michael Kramer said trading action of the past two days has demonstrated the stock market’s resilience as major indexes managed to hold at or above key technical support, while trade beneath those levels on Friday would have signaled that a short-term reversal was at hand.

“Yesterday, many of the major indexes tested key levels of support and resistance, held firm and recovered from those losses. The S&P 500 has seen 2,690 act a major level of support and resistance on several occasions since May,” Kramer told MarketWatch in emailed comments.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Informative
Reactions: humbaba
Seriously?! This is the most ludicrous sentence I have ever seen in this forum.
That is a high bar! What makes it so ludicrous? Let's say that the price decrease does not matter to 95% of buyers. They would have bought the car anyway. So effectively they sold 0.05 more cars per $1100 (I feel thats pretty generous). So which has more of an environmental affect: 1 new Tesla on the road or $22 000ish donation to a charity? Ironically, you could almost donate a Tesla for that :D.

That is all assuming of course that Tesla is demand constrained...

So I wait...
I watch...

Soon.

Tesla will only be a niche player unless it implements a good network of dealers or stores (the latter seems to not be possible) along with a positive communications strategy. It's not enough to have a superior product. You have to put the product in front of potential buyers and effectively communicate with them about it. Tesla doesn't do these things. Tesla cognoscenti are only a small portion of the car-buying public. The 3SR should be a good value, but I doubt that will be enough to support ongoing, good sales numbers. Tesla has accomplished a lot, but I think adjustments are needed for a successful future.