Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
...but why is it going down?

LOL!
Dan

Depending on who you ask:

Group 1: "Well, it's a random walk based on noise around individual actors and their particular trading strategies, which are altered slowly or quickly based on macro and stock-specific factors, and in this case, the net balance is a slow decline, but there's not enough public data to be more specific than that."

Group 2: "Well, if you take a look at the Bollinger Bands and take into account Fibonacci Retracement...."

Group 3: "Damn short selling bear raiders aided by naked short selling from MMs!!!!"

(I'm in Group 1, BTW ;) )

Last edited:
Depending on who you ask:

Group 1: "Well, it's a random walk based on noise around individual actors and their particular trading strategies, which are altered slowly or quickly based on macro and stock-specific factors, and in this case, the net balance is a slow decline, but there's not enough public data to be more specific than that."

Group 2: "Well, if you take a look at the Bollinger Bands and take into account Fibbonacci Retracement...."

Group 3: "Damn short selling bear raiders aided by naked short selling from MMs!!!!"

(I'm in Group 1, BTW ;) )

Personally, I'm convinced it's just a never ending ride at Disney. "The Wall Street Wockin' Woller Coaster"!

Dan

Reactions: madodel
OT: In Germany, at the behest of BMW, the government now officially want to find a way to fudge the EU Diesel Emissions thresholds in order to avoid wide-spread Diesel bans (sorry for German source):

Umgehung von Fahrverboten: Regierung will Dieselschadstoff-Grenzwerte lockern - SPIEGEL ONLINE - Mobilität

The situation must be very desperate - just consider lead paint poisoning being accepted since paint makers claim it is too expensive to have paint without poisonous lead...

Google English translation Google Translate

Two more weeks of boredom until the convertibles are paid? That’s unheard of for Tesla but I’m starting to believe it

Something that I've never read anywhere in the media or financial pages (but is probably buried previously in this thread) is that the 920 million in convertibles if broken down into gross sales of $50k Model 3s is....18400 cars or probably a little over 3 weeks of production. So what they've put on the ships would probably cover it. (Yes I know they have the cash already.)

SHORTSVILLE TIMES: $TSLA ONE TYPHOON AWAY FROM BANKWUPTCY!
;)

*as Oprah*

You get 5% of TSLA! You get 5% of TSLA!
The way I understood it was that dry electrodes save 16x space because the drying step (i.e. conditioned storage space for god knows how many batteries they produce during the drying tume) is not needed anymore. That may be a significant part of the footprint of the gigafactory.

to this point taking a tour at gf1 opening there were some large drying areas and processes to move the cells from one place to another.

Aurora‏ @AuroreVerdie
Here are the first French Model 3 deliveries guys, it is starting
1f1e8-1f1f5.png

Dzc4OJNX4AAjvAY.jpg

Dzc4OgzX0AAZlgo.jpg

Dzc4Op7WkAEy8KD.jpg

5:52 AM - 15 Feb 2019
Aurora on Twitter

Interesting. Makes me wonder about his source. If its just reverse engineering that is cool and all, but limited in the insights it can give. I also notice he waffles a bit, suggesting at one point that no one at Tesla looks at the data, and later acknowledging that they do. He also backs off his claim about lack of utility. He also says that Tesla lies about the nature of their data collection and that they do not allow opting out. Both of those are fairly serious claims that he does not appear to have anything to support. In fact, Tesla just made a reference to their data collection in a statement to a regulatory agency. If there was anything to these allegations they should be reported to a regulatory authority rather than spreading baseless rumors. The EU would also take quite the exception to unauthorized/undocumented data collection. If there was real data behind the allegation report it as a GDPR violation.

While I appreciate the detailed information it appears to need a grain of salt to go with it. All of the unsubstantiated negative comments betray a bias which, without the supporting data, make it difficult to tell how much has been (deliberately or not) made to fit the bias.

Hey folks - seems there was a little delay in the reporting, or the website, whatever, but we've M3 deliveries now showing up in Norway, starting Wednesday. The good news here is that it's updated regularly and seems to be accurate - I guess the info is being scraped from some government system...

26 today, but I expect this to be a snowball, not a rolling stone...

Tesla Registration Stats