Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This would be an almost not terrible solution for when you need to drop in an emergency charging station (i.e. due to natural disaster) except that Hydrogen being such a pain to source, distribute, and refill, even if it still managed to be greener it would make more sense to just dump a nice big "efficient" (relative to car sized ICE) diesel genset in a crate instead.

As a standalone charging system for regular use, it's kind of silly.

Though someone pointed out the idea of using off-peak solar/wind to generate H2 and then store for later conversion to charge EVs, I suspect that while you could in theory build large hydrogen "batteries" this way, I'm not sure how economical it would be, at least with the current state of fuel cell technology. As I understand it the membranes of fuel cells have a limited lifetime ...

Hydrogen generation is an incredibly expensive way to store electricity, which is why it's never taken off in that role.

Reactions: GaryW
Ship # 3
Screen Shot 2019-02-15 at 4.18.45 PM.png

A rider was added to the funding bill by a Democratic rep that prevents wall funding for being used on five Texas sites - most famously the butterfly preserve, but also including the SpaceX Boca Chica launch site:

Shutdown deal includes language to protect a butterfly sanctuary and other landmarks from border barrier

Trump says that this only applies to funding from that bill, but he can use emergency funding on those sites:

Wall-Building Restrictions Don't Apply to Reassigned Funds, Administration Argues

The fate of these sites likely depends on whether the emergency order is upheld.

"Uuuurrrghh.... what's happening to me....."
"Why am I suddenly.... suspicious of parking lots ....?"
"Something something.... fraud ....?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Bitten by a radioactive Mark Spiegel!

hqdefault.jpg

Mild-mannered TSLA bull KarenRei has become... Temporary Bear!

View attachment 377675

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry guys ;) No, I'm not actually turning into a bear, but I did liquidate my high-leverage calls and buy a small put stake.... something I plan to immediately reverse on Tuesday. I'm just too worried about the market reaction to the EU report this weekend. Maybe I'm wrong. If so, that'll teach me ;) But... well, here I am hoping that nothing really good, like a Model Y announcement or whatnot, happens this weekend!
This is the buy signal folks. This and TT007 absence is all you need. Very excited for next week. Will sell some on every analyst upgrade. Will liquidate portfolio and short when TT007 talks about short squeeze. Private island secured.

At this point, I'm personally hoping that the stock stays at this level or lower until Feb 28th since I will have some funds to buy another 50 shares or so. Who knows, maybe the VW Polestar 2 event will cause the stock to drop a bit( I fully expect VW to outright lie about the specs, price, and/or release date)

The stock has stagnated for 2 years......it can wait another 13 days ;)

EDIT: Oops sorry, meant Volvo :oops:

Last edited:
Corporate malfeasance if they are not. I thought the post you referred to was tongue in cheek and not worthy of taking seriously.
Large companies often self-insure for all sorts of things, squirrel away money for a rainy day that they save by not insuring. I don't know whether Tesla does that or not, just saying that it isn't automatically malfeasance. In California, you can even just put money into an account somewhere to cover your liability and get a printout saying "CA Evidence of Financial Responsibility" that counts as insurance. I have friends who do that, but they are much more well off than I.

• Informative
Reactions: shootformoon
This is the buy signal folks. This and TT007 absence is all you need. Very excited for next week. Will sell some on every analyst upgrade. Will liquidate portfolio and short when TT007 talks about short squeeze. Private island secured.

Hahaha ;)

Analyst upgrades are welcome and encouraged next week.... after I've had a chance to reverse my position ;)

(Honestly, I needed to sell my February ITM calls anyway in order to to buy March calls later. Most of the money is in cash, ready for buying on Tuesday... the puts are a much smaller position)

Reactions: anthonyj

DHhpmLCUMAALZlK.jpg:large

Until one day TSLA activates the raptor engines and many people miss on the rally, while others get wiped (naked short sellers).