Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just noticed that the FSD upgrade for my 3 is down to $3k, the same price it would have cost had I added it when I purchased the car. Tempting now that HW3 is about to hit.

Even more tempting to buy it during a quarter where Tesla could use the additional cash...
What a nice person you are! I'm running a bit short this quarter too, would you be interested in a nice pair of Klipsch Cornerhorns?

I was going to say "ouch" . But I think I read a hidden meaning in your reply. Guessing since we're almost neighbours (Buffalo<-> TO) that you come up to Oakville, ON for your "SC"? I didn't see another one close by.
Yep, you guessed it. Luckily in the 11 months I've had mine I haven't required any service (not counting the subwoofer issue that was just an OTA update issue and solution) so I'm not sure if that's even an option. It might be but it's still not very conveniently located and I might also have a problem driving a loaner over the border. But I actually did visit that location prior to configuring my car so I could see all of the colors in person.

Reactions: neroden
There are only so many bears, so if you only allow each one to return a car once per year, I think you would control the problem.

I think a Test Drive is exactly what bears need. To be clear I’m talking about honest bears (not paid FUDsters) It would be a moment of clarity resulting in them returning the stock they borrowed and keeping the car.

I wonder if they start doing conventional advertising now that most stores will be shut down. the stores (especially those in Malls) introduced people to the brand that wouldn't know otherwise. they have to replace that somewhere.
I doubt it seriously. I expect they will stick with publicity, word of mouth, and positive reviews for quite a while. I don't think Elon is a fan of advertising and I'm not either, don't feel it's worth the money. Demand would really have to shrink before they would resort to paid advertising. But that's just my opinion and I have been wrong before. For instance that recent video from Popular Mechanics would be awesome in a Super Bowl spot.

Reactions: homer214
I just noticed that the FSD upgrade for my 3 is down to $3k, the same price it would have cost had I added it when I purchased the car. Tempting now that HW3 is about to hit.

How can that be when it's $5K for FSD on a new car today? Do you already have EAP? If so, that might explain it.

You better double check, maybe you're confusing the packages? FYI, they swapped prices on Autopilot (EAP) and FSD, and did so by watering down EAP and moved them to FSD. I'm excited to see a more concrete definition of FSD... Parking lot summons next month (logical assumption), and city automation by year end.

So I wonder what happens to people who had EAP only; will they lose the Nav on Autopilot with Mad Max along with 40ft. Summons and Auto Park? Is that your case maybe?

Just woke up and read everything:
I'm gonna sell a portion of my $TSLA shares because some things I don't like:
- no confirmation of the margin on SR
- layoffs (which could prove well for profits I admit) and closure of Tesla gallery's (which bulls always compared to Apple stores and gave nice exposure to the Tesla brand)
- no profits in Q1
- macro's climate: recession, car tarrifs
- SEC hearing in a few days

I just don't feel comfortable the next weeks. Sorry guys ;-)

Ummmm..... was that actually legal? It looked like it was under the "institutions only" rule, which doesn't allow individuals to buy it AT ALL, even if they're accredited investors. Maybe you shouldn't ask too closely whether Merrill Lynch was complying with the law... but they might reverse the trade if I'm correct.

Maybe some institutions chose to sell.

Even more tempting to buy it during a quarter where Tesla could use the additional cash...

Thank you thank you thank you for pointing this out. I was thinking of paying the 5k for the fsd a few months ago. For sure will buy this now.

How can that be when it's $5K for FSD on a new car today? Do you already have EAP? If so, that might explain it.

You better double check, maybe you're confusing the packages? FYI, they swapped prices on Autopilot (EAP) and FSD, and did so by watering down EAP and moved them to FSD. I'm excited to see a more concrete definition of FSD... Parking lot summons next month (logical assumption), and city automation by year end.

So I wonder what happens to people who had EAP only; will they lose the Nav on Autopilot with Mad Max along with 40ft. Summons and Auto Park? Is that your case maybe?
FWIW, a tweet by Elon said we would keep that functionality.

• Helpful
Reactions: Krugerrand

I can confirm that I see the same and am also thinking of jumping on it.

Reactions: Big Earl and Zaxxon
Finally caught up with the thread then realizing it's bedtime.....:confused: BTW, anyone thinks that we'll start @SP ~$310 open tomorrow but end in GREEN ??:cool:

Bounce-backs are faster now for sure. Green by next week IMO. Lots to digest for the market. Upshot is positive as in world dominance of the industry - sooner. Moat city!

I still don't understand why now? Either demand is tapering, or it's steady and capacity is growing. Seems to me they could have just deferred the $35K until China could ship them globally without too much push back. Is there another line in the works we don't know about? And how is a SR available in 2-4 weeks? Where did the 300K demand go? That number better grow soon or I'll get concerned. I keep trying to order a new one and it's been 2-4 weeks all day.

No, I'm not confused. Yes, like all 3s on the road today, in order to see an FSD upgrade, I must already have EAP. And no, those with EAP will not be downgraded to AP.

• Helpful
Reactions: Krugerrand
Model S ludicruous performance is listed on the European websites for less than 100k, remember that includes VAT of 17k(!). Obviously an error because it’s still the old design studio but with content (incorrectly) pulled from the new price book. Tesla better fix this fast because the longer they leave it up, the more change there is for customer protection rules to kick in and create an obligation for Tesla to actually deliver.