Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Quebec City address in this list is not a store but actually a service center that opened recently and is serving a very wide geographic area, makes no sense at all.
Could it be the showroom connected to the service centre is closing but not the service centre? Toronto-Lawrence has the showroom up front and service out back.

Curious - Is it normal for a journalist to be heckling a guy on his LinkedIn announcement to colleagues that he's stepping away from Tesla? Maybe I'm not well-versed in LinkedIn etiquette, but this seems a little personal.
upload_2019-3-7_22-1-11.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-3-7_22-0-24.png
    upload_2019-3-7_22-0-24.png
    71.2 KB · Views: 71
  • upload_2019-3-7_22-1-1.png
    upload_2019-3-7_22-1-1.png
    71.2 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
People talking about engine noises, and how BMW pipes in fake engine noise, maybe Tesla could make an easter egg that (like fart noises) instead makes various noises, tied to the acceleration (and maybe breaking too) from car engines (various models, from mundane to exotic: ferrari, corvette, etc.), jet engines, rocket engines, spaceships (star trek, star wars), etc.

People talking about engine noises, and how BMW pipes in fake engine noise, maybe Tesla could make an easter egg that (like fart noises) instead makes various noises, tied to the acceleration (and maybe breaking too) from car engines (various models, from mundane to exotic: ferrari, corvette, etc.), jet engines, rocket engines, spaceships (star trek, star wars), etc.

I have been lobbying for speed sensitive horse hoof clip-clop noises for years!

Model 3 Standard is $35k, add autopilot $3k, add FSD $5k. Federal tax rebate $3.75k, California tax rebate $2.5k, 10 year gasoline savings about $10k. I get the number $26.8k. So this car's true cost is equivalent to a $26.8k gasoline car. It makes no sense to buy gasoline cars at this time.

Software V10 probably will be released around October, which will be able to react to traffic lights and stop signs. At some point a lot of people will realize how great this deal is. It seems to me at a later time Tesla might have to raise price to deal with the demand.

I was actually waiting on someone to follow the estimated delivery dates of the S/X across the different countries/markets.

Just sayin...….if the S/X delivery dates all started getting pushed back...……….you guys can guess what I'm about to say ;)

Let me guess:

r...
re...
ref....
refr....
refractive index?​

But it could also be the usual quarterly inventory management that Tesla does: first two months of production are for Europe/China, and if you miss that window in Q1 your built-to-order Model S/X gets pushed back to ~May. Most European Model S/X's probably still have these 40-50 days delivery times due to making a detour of being disassembled in Fremont and reassembled + qualified in Tilburg.

Plus Germany has started some really sweet EV incentives for business customers in January, so it might also be a sign of a long waiting list.

Nope, that is why people have problems. They drive until late at night and stop and check-in to a hotel. Then they get up in the morning and drive say 30 miles to a Supercharger and wait forever for it to charge. Maybe they should drive the extra 60 mile round-trip to charge before checking in. (or shortly after checking in.)

But there are lots of cases for hitting a Supercharger without having driven for hours first.
I purposely pick hotels with destination chargers. I’m surprised all hotels haven’t caught on yet.

Fresh information from Carsonight about Gigafactory output:

"I know people who work at GF1, including Model 3 pack assembly. The complaint I hear from maintenance is that they are not being allowed down time enough to perform preventive maintenance, so the machinery is being run until something breaks."​

Looks like the current bottleneck is the Gigafactory, making around 7k/week Model 3 battery packs. Any SR output would come in addition to that.

Has this been posted yet?

SR delivery estimates went up to 6-8 weeks in the US.

Could be that they are only dedicating a certain percentage of production to this, but one would think if demand fall through the floor they`d rather manufacture this than *sugar* down the lines. So this continues to suggest production is moving along at full capacity.

I keep wondering if SR+ is a different pack size, or just a different engine firmware, or if rather SR is really SR+, except range and performance limited via SW. I am leaning towards the latter.

PS: delivery dates for everything else remain unchanged. SR+ is 2-4 weeks, the rest is 2 weeks.

upload_2019-3-8_9-57-10.png

Well this is pure speculation, but consider the following: CHINA
  • 3.5B Yuan / 500M USD may be enough to fund the buildout of phase 1 at GF3/Shanghai
  • further, the March 4 2020 loan period might imply a target date for phase 1 (or it might just be a 1-yr term which will be automatically extended in due course)
  • however, if that's a timetable for repayment, it implies that GF3 will be making cars and profits sufficient to repay a $500B loan within a year
1. Tesla will also put in its own money
2. It will be extended in due course or refinced in a long term debt secured by the built out assets as is customary in large construction projects
3. No. That's a pipe dream.

• Deutsche Bank NYC (DB) has extended Tesla line of credit by $500B to $2.5B after the conference call on Feb 28
  • DB likely was given insight into Model 3 ramp and margins
  • Tesla has stated only minimal CapEx would be req'd to get to 7-8K/wk Model 3 production at Fremont so the $500M is unlikely for that program
  • $500B is similar to the CapEx requirement predicted for GF3 rollout
  • the speculation is the DB loan is for Model Y production at GF1 (a huge cost reduction vs the Model 3 ram up in Fremont, experience shows!)
  • the term of the loan runs to 2023 again setting concrete goals for reaching scale in production and booking on the order of $2.5B in profit (the loan amount)

1. Minus the letter of credits which will be needed to keep accounts payable happy.
2. Obviously and much more.
3. This line of credit is to finance working capital tied up in working goods, inventory and work in progress. So indeed, not to finance capex
4. Coincidence.
5. No. At least not until 2020 when there will actually be Model Y's to secure against. See 3.
6. The credits function is to finance production under growth. Should Tesla be able to pay it off, it'd mean it stopped growing. So hopefully no.