Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Canadian federal 2019 Budget just came out. There's a $5000 federal EV incentive for EV under 45k. Model 3 SR currently sits at 46k. So if Tesla can somehow cut enough cost by about 1000 in the future, sales should pop more. Combined with the $5000 incentive already in BC that is $10000, Vancouver should be a hotbed for Tesla M3 SR.

This is great news. Like others have said, I’m sure Tesla will consider seriously offering a software limited model (either range and/or feature limited that can be unlocked post-purchase) to bring the price down slightly to get under the threshold once it is in place.

even if tts only a couple of colours (Black/White), I’m sure many will be happy to save $5k. Even better if its a “before options” price limit

The P3D is unreal. Happy to have you on the team!
Lot’s of messages on the Benelux FB group about scheduled deliveries the last week of march.
Tesla sent out a batch of delivery appointment mails yesterdayevening, including mine!
Scheduled for 30/3, but unfortunately I’m not available that day. Will see if they deliver on sunday.

Scheduled for 30/3, but unfortunately I’m not available that day. Will see if they deliver on sunday.

If you are available on the 28th or 29th then I'd suggest telling them so - they might be able to squeeze your delivery in or switch your delivery with another person who'd rather take delivery on a Saturday than on a Friday or Thursday.

I'm pretty sure that if they are still below their regional sales target then they'll infinitely prefer that outcome to delivering on the 2nd of April. :D

Edit: most people prefer weekend deliveries for obvious work-travel logistics reasons (Friday/Saturday/Sunday - to the extent weekend deliveries are allowed by labor laws), so if you want to be helpful to your friendly local insanely busy Tesla delivery center then give them a list of available time slots on weekdays, and give them as broad a date range as possible, and maybe also indicate that if they pick any of the dates from that list then that's the final word and you'll be able to take delivery with 100% certainty. Make the email easy to parse at a glance, with key dates information in the front. :D

Last edited:
Well, he is @schonelucht. His job here, which he appears to take seriously, is to question everything Elon/Tesla does and apply a negative interpretation when there is ambiguity.

Correct. As opposed to the dozens or so posters in this thread who take their job substantially more serious in applying a positive interpretation not just when there is ambiguity but always.

Correct. As opposed to the dozens or so posters in this thread who take their job substantially more serious in applying a positive interpretation not just when there is ambiguity but always.

Please at least have the courtesy and acknowledge actual first hand knowledge of Tesla payment system overload events reported in this thread, instead of just polluting this thread with your baseless passive-aggressive attacks on Tesla:

No. It's just Tesla using the old used car sales tactic. There was no particular malfunction on the website last night at all.

You do realize that web front-ends are usually decoupled from back-end functionality and order processing systems in particular, and that overload failure/delays in the order system very likely do not cause a visible "website malfunction"?

In particular, as a simple traceroute to www.tesla.com would tell you, Tesla's main website is globally cached and protected by the Akamai cluster:

www.tesla.com: *.deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com​

Akamai is the leading CDN provider and probably even a first grade DoS attack wouldn't be able to take down www.tesla.com and cause a visible 'malfunction'. Some of the most popular websites on the Internet, such as www.apple.com and www.ebay.com use Akamai too as their web front-end.

While this thread has a big pro-Tesla bias (which you'd expect from a 'Tesla Club' :D), there's a big difference between healthy investor skepticism and random, baseless foul-mood accusations wrapped in passive-aggressive innuendo and rarely retracted/corrected. The latter reduces a lot of your credibility.

Last edited:
Well, you know what? This is a site full of Tesla owners and future owners. Fans of the company and what it stands for. Yes, we tend to see developments in a positive light.That's what we do. Just like the folks over on other sites that overwhelmingly see the negative. Think of us here as a little bit of sunshine in a world of hate. A balance if you will. No, we are not blind to the struggles the company faces, but we are prone to see it for what it is in our eyes. Overwhelmingly simple bumps in the road to building and developing the safest, best performing, best selling cars in their class in any market in the world where they are available in numbers. That's a fact.

So yeah, we are a bit biased, but it is out of our own experience and how we see the company growing and progressing. If your purpose is to express concern, I don't think anyone here has a problem with that. If your purpose is to try to change our minds and somehow belittle our opinions then in my view, you have no business being here. There are plenty of other places on the internet where those view are welcome.

Have a great day.

Dan

You realize that this is why I'm trying to stay away? The legal drama drew me in because I like reading legal briefs and this is flat-out bizarre; I really haven't seen legal work this *sloppy* in a long time, and from government lawyers, never.

It didn't take you long did it? :D

cbktl-7qz82.gif

Lot’s of messages on the Benelux FB group about scheduled deliveries the last week of march.
Tesla sent out a batch of delivery appointment mails yesterdayevening, including mine!
Same here! Hope you can re-schedule for an earlier date :)

Just a quick macroeconomic heads up: while yesterday the Fed became even more dovish (green), I'd like to warn everyone that the March 29 Brexit deadline is Friday next week, and that date is hard coded in a large number of UK laws which are procedurally difficult to modify. (Another factor is that the EU has to agree to a Brexit extension, which is by no means guaranteed.)

I.e. the "no-deal hard Brexit by accident" nightmare scenario I warned about months ago has increased significantly in probability.

Note that the Lehmann bankruptcy was a "bankruptcy by accident" black swan event as well, caused by poor planning and poor execution by the U.S. Government.

Hard Brexit might not happen, but plan accordingly, as macro crashes have a negative effect on otherwise positive TSLA price action as well.

Last edited:
This got a few dislikes. So let me explain.

When we test for performance on load - if the website doesn't load or if the CPU (or RAM etc) go above a threshold like 90% - those are always logged as issues to be fixed.

BUT, I completely understand why this happened. Nobody thought there would be such a high usage scenario. So, they didn't design for it / test for it.
It's also possible that volume spikes up faster than the additional VMs go online. They don't go online instantly.