Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Zero Hedge is a site for people to dump anonymous opinion pieces. Most of them are complete malicious garbage propaganda; every now and then an insider with real information leaks it there.

Zero Hedge is a honey-trap for conspiracy theorists, permabears and other impressionable folks mostly in the U.S., and their business model is: ad revenue from certain types of high margin businesses.

The goldbuggery that is enriching Rush Limbaugh is a nice side business for the owner of Zero Hedge as well (it's mostly run by a single person), who, according to unverified reports, is living a lavish lifestyle and doesn't believe a fraction of what he is writing.

Did you put his nationality in order to emphasize the con part? Or is relevant in some other way?

Sorry, rushed that comment a bit, and I agree that his nationality in isolation looked weird. What I wanted to also write (but then didn't) was that the "Bulgarian emigrant" angle came from the apparent fact that the owner of Zero Hedge is the son of the founder of the Bulgarian newspaper "Top Secret":

Krassimir Ivandjiiski - Wikipedia

Krassimir Ivanov Ivandjiiski (Bulgarian: Красимир Иванов Иванджийски, born 15 June 1947) is a former Soviet-era Bulgarian Ministry of Foreign Trade official who, since 1994, has been the publisher and editor-in-chief of the Bulgarian political news website, Strogo Sekretno (Bulgarian: Строго секретно; English "Top Secret"). Krassimir is also the father of Daniel Ivandjiiski, founder of the U.S.-based financial website, Zero Hedge.

"Above all, Top Secret is a national political newspaper. It is the only independent newspaper in Bulgaria, which is the only real alternative to manipulated mass media."​

Who is running, not surprisingly, absurd pro-Putin propaganda, among other things. Like father like son - their main business is ad revenue around conspiracy theories.

Last edited:
There have already been reports of both Teslas and SuperChargers being vandalized, as well as, at least one report of sabotage (software?) happening at Fremont.
Software sabotage in the paint shop was blamed (by someone... might have been unofficial, don't remember) for a substantial part of the problems ramping up the paint shop for Model 3.

That happened around the same time as with Martin Tripp's sabotage (installing spyware, and then blaming his colleagues... I believe Musk's description of this). Since then, Tesla seems to have become much more alert about factory security. It's *much* tighter than it used to be -- a consequence is that information leaks are much rarer.

I foresee that physical damage and lawsuits will eventually be almost as common in the future as FUD is today.

There was a great study after the Iraq War (2003 version) that looked at 3 key points of information about the war and then judged how informed people were on those 3 questions (was Saddam involved in 9/11, did we find WMDs in Iraq etc.). Fox News viewers were the worst informed on those three questions, but CNN and the other's weren't much better. BBC and NPR consumers fared the best if I recall.

Cable news in general is rubbish. It's mostly just about validating the opinions you already have.

TMC, the new cable news. :)

Zero Hedge is a honey-trap for conspiracy theorists, permabears and other impressionable folks mostly in the U.S., and their business model is: ad revenue for certain type of high margin businesses.

The goldbuggery that is enriching Rush Limbaugh is a nice side business for the owner of Zero Hedge as well (it's mostly run by a single person), who, according to unverified reports, is living a lavish lifestyle and doesn't believe a fraction of what he is writing.

Sorry, rushed that comment a bit, and I agree that his nationality in isolation looked weird. What I wanted to also write (but then didn't) was that the "Bulgarian emigrant" angle came from the apparent fact that the owner of Zero Hedge is the son of the founder of the Bulgarian newspaper "Top Secret":

Krassimir Ivandjiiski - Wikipedia

Krassimir Ivanov Ivandjiiski (Bulgarian: Красимир Иванов Иванджийски, born 15 June 1947) is a former Soviet-era Bulgarian Ministry of Foreign Trade official who, since 1994, has been the publisher and editor-in-chief of the Bulgarian political news website, Strogo Sekretno (Bulgarian: Строго секретно; English "Top Secret"). Krassimir is also the father of Daniel Ivandjiiski, founder of the U.S.-based financial website, Zero Hedge.

"Above all, Top Secret is a national political newspaper. It is the only independent newspaper in Bulgaria, which is the only real alternative to manipulated mass media."​

Who is running, not surprisingly, absurd pro-Putin propaganda, among other things. Like father like son - their main business is ad revenue around conspiracy theories.

OT

Thanks for the explanation, but are you sure you are going to judge the son by the actions of his father (assuming you are right about the "Top Secret" paper).

I'm not going to defend this site, but as a neutral, reading the article in question (that is actually repost from another site) and comparing it to this- Tesla Sales Slump as ’19 Starts Is Hinted At in State Data ? Not much worse (even better), when one is supposed to be "honey-trap" and the other is Pulitzer winning paper.

Proof that demand is strong.

Tesla has a policy of satisfying customers ordering higher-optioned, higher-trim cars first. People ordering the base SR will just have to wait until demand for the higher-trim cars slows down.
Sounds like demand already slowed. Estimated delivery for SR+ dropped from 2-4 weeks to "within 2 weeks" the other day. This despite Tesla working hard to steer SR people to SR+.

Other than a few stubborn folks, who is holding out for SR? SR+ has 20 miles more range, power seats and steering wheel, better interior materials, better audio, fog lamps, etc. for only 2500 extra.

Sounds like demand already slowed. Estimated delivery for SR+ dropped from 2-4 weeks to "within 2 weeks" the other day. This despite Tesla working hard to steer SR people to SR+.

Other than a few stubborn folks, who is holding out for SR? SR+ has 20 miles more range, power seats and steering wheel, better interior materials, better audio, fog lamps, etc. for only 2500 extra.
Still 2-4 weeks I see, for SR+ of course.

“The other day”? When exactly did that happen?

Are you sure that was a 4/5 expiry call option? That strike is currently trading at ~$5.00 and the low I see is $4.80. If true, you got an incredible deal. I sold some 3/29 $275 calls and those are trading at $1.33 currently.

Oh Jeeze, that's one hell of a typo I did - $297.5 for 5th April. Doh!

Indeed, $275 is $5.40 for the moment.

Just checked. Still 2-4 weeks.

If you want real NoA fun, check out this incident from my recent trip. For some reason NoA really wanted us to get to the left, despite simultaneously also showing and verbalizing to us that we had to get off to the right imminently. Note that it wants us to the left 'to follow route,' so it's not just Mad Max mode trying to get us out of a slow lane--it really does want us both left and right at the same time for purposes of following the route.

I have never seen this before. NoA works well 95% of the time, but it has some weirdness. We also encountered the car phantom breaking whenever we passed a semi with the sun in a certain position in the sky behind the semi (only for about a 5-minute period on one particular day). NoA also cancels lane changes partway through perhaps 5% of the time. It's a great feature, but is by no means close to perfect yet.
Country & Western music. Ugh.

Lol Doggy's resorting to just flat out lying. Why lie about something so easily disproven?
tenor.png