Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is funny and upsetting at the same time. Funny that the dude gets doxxed, upsetting that he really attempted to harm >.>

That's not funny. What's funny is that his brother, Gagan Hothi (also of Fremont, CA) lists his occupation as: Senior Design Technologist (Future Center) for VW of America Inc. in Palo Alto, CA (per his Linkedin profile)

Gagan Hothi.VW Porshce Audi Design Centern SFO.png

Why is the $2B fine that California levied against VW of America suddenly not sounding like nearly enough? I think a 10 year ban on VW Inc. sales in CA should now be on the table.

Info to @KarenRei

Really? You think there is any chance that the SEC will do it's job where Tesla is involved? As Elon said: "the SEC is broken". And, it is. I'm afraid it comes down to the DOJ. Are they up to the job? Don't know.

No I don’t unfortunately. I think the DOJ is up to it. It would be a big win to uncover a plot by a foreign company to hurt an American company via troll farms, especially after the Russian troll farm shenanigans from 2016.

This whole Tesla story really needs to be made into a movie. It's pretty incredible. Who would have thought a movie about a company producing cars would be very exciting. It would involve spy planes, surveillance teams, sabotage, naked! shorting, SEC court actions, movie stars, rock stars, pedophiles (maybe?), billions and billions and billions of dollars, marijuana, the fastest cars on the planet, and maybe an epic short squeeze near the end???

Working on the book version, how's that?

(Seriously, it's my full-time gig for last 8 months)

This whole Tesla story really needs to be made into a movie. It's pretty incredible. Who would have thought a movie about a company producing cars would be very exciting. It would involve spy planes, surveillance teams, sabotage, naked! shorting, SEC court actions, movie stars, rock stars, pedophiles (maybe?), billions and billions and billions of dollars, marijuana, the fastest cars on the planet, and maybe an epic short squeeze near the end???
Do not agree, it need to be an HBO or Netflix series now, even a three and half hours movie won’t do justice to all the drama that’s really happening.

OT

From a profiling perspective, it is the people that see themselves as avengers that are potentially the most dangerous.
A lot of very distorted thinking and delusional material accumulates in the mind of someone with the avenger mindset.

Interventions such as restraining orders (and feedback from rational people that they know) are the best strategies to de-escalate them prior to the violence. I hope in this case it works...

Not the "we might not succeed" thing again... G*d f*n d*mn it, Elon.

There is nothing positive in that statement to anyone involved in Tesla's mission. All it does is reinforces doubt and uncertainty. F* humility. We are past that. Ugh.

I was going to buy more stock Monday am. I will have to sit things out now. May actually sell covered calls.
Context is important here. Think about it for a second or two.

OT

From a profiling perspective, it is the people that see themselves as avengers that are potentially the most dangerous.
A lot of very distorted thinking and delusional material accumulates in the mind of someone with the avenger mindset.

Interventions such as restraining orders (and feedback from rational people that they know) are the best strategies to de-escalate them prior to the violence. I hope in this case it works...
Or maybe, you know, family members telling them to get their act together or they’re out on the street and looking for a job?

For someone who has a degree from UC Berkeley and live with parents, it would take more than just passion to reach to these levels. There has to be bigger forces behind this.
Who knows.

To me he looks like a typical young person who is just angry. The kind that religious fanatics prey on to turn them into a terrorist. Clearly he is openly a member of the Khalistan separatist movement of religious fanatics - doesn't always mean he is violent. But that movement has a very violent past - killed more than 10k civilians in India (including the Prime Minister) and downed an Aircraft that took off from Canada. If you see his twitter posts, clearly he is deranged and dangerous. Tesla & the police should treat him as such.

Image12 Copy

Last edited by a moderator:
Between this vw skabooshka guy and the wolfinger pippinger guy who is the cfo for Audi/Daimler(enter German fraud auto), wtf. These guys need to get sued, not Elon. F that. Glad these guys are getting doxxed. F them. Ok, now I feel better.

Is this confirmed? Same Wolfgang Pipperger as the CFO of Mercedes for Czech Republic?

• Informative
Reactions: Antares Nebula
Not the "we might not succeed" thing again... G*d f*n d*mn it, Elon.

There is nothing positive in that statement to anyone involved in Tesla's mission. All it does is reinforces doubt and uncertainty. F* humility. We are past that. Ugh.

I was going to buy more stock Monday am. I will have to sit things out now. May actually sell covered calls.

I think that comment by Elon was meant to underscore his disbelief in the concerted efforts to cause Tesla harm. From his perspective, and many others, Tesla is doing a fundamental good for the world and as a public company in a capitalist society economics should dictate its fate, full stop. This was summed up nicely by member Todd Burch in an earlier post:
One question for Skabooshka:

If you’re so certain Tesla will fail, why do you need to try so hard to make them fail?

I have over six figures invested in Tesla because I want to support the advent of a solar electric economy, and I believe that Tesla is best positioned to capitalize on this market transition. That said, I am painfully aware of the risks and I have to accept the possibility that I could be wrong. The question a lot of us on this forum continue to ask ourselves is “what if we are right?” If we are, then it’s hard to envision a scenario where Tesla does not become the most valuable company in the world. If we are wrong, then at the very least we supported what we felt was the best chance at a decent future for our species. Because, let’s face it, does it really make a difference how much money you have if the world is burning?

Not even close to what I said or meant
Ok thanks for clearing up. I must have misunderstood: “If they change the rating it will be at the direction of their overlord's”.

You and I may think that Tesla’s default risk is substantially lower than their B3 rating indicates. But I think you’d find the backwards-tested proprietary rating models of any of the banks would give a quite similar result based upon Tesla’s historic performance (particularly using June 2018 and earlier numbers, which Moody’s did).

The reason why the public rating is out of line with our view, is because Tesla is quite an unusual case, a cash cow to be birthed by a financial basket case. A credit rating will only give merit to this argument when it happens. It’s necessarily more conservative than an equity analysis.

I’ve seen no evidence that Moody’s is part of some grand Tesla conspiracy, taking instructions from “overlords”, whatever that means. I have however seen plenty of evidence that other parties are actively undermining Tesla for their own nefarious purposes. This latest skabooska episode being a great example. But it becomes far easier for such episodes to be downplayed in the media when people cry wolf with bogus (and borderline libellous) scare stories like you did with Moody’s.

Who wants to put money on Tesla/Elon showing the actual footage from incident at the FSD event as an example of how well Tesla's FSD cars handle "crazy" drivers

Not just a crazy driver, but one that works for VW, an emissions cheat, a company against progress. Either fire this idiot, or there’s going to be a lot of backlash and anger directed towards VW.

Perhaps this is why Apple appears to be entering the auto/FSD arena again. They see that the legacy ICE makers are dead men walking.

But this is exactly the O(N²) scaling @KarenRei mentioned: with a given layering architecture the size of a layer is roughly a constant percentage of the total number of neurons. So as N increases, the size of all weights and thus the overhead of inference calculations of the most important layers goes up quadratically - i.e. O(N²).

This is why @jimmy_d's enthusiasm about the large networks in the firmware was justified IMO: overhead doesn't increase linearly with number of neurons but quadratically.

Given that Tesla's current networks only utilize about 10% of a single HW3 chip's capacity, I doubt there's much input down-sampling done in the "full size" FSD networks (be it max pooling or any other size reduction method such as the post training trimming of layers).

So yes, it makes sense to talk about big O, as long as there's still significant idle time left in the computing unit.

O(N²) also makes it clear how difficult the competition is going to find it to catch up with Tesla's FSD technology:
  • Even Google backed Waymo is going to have significant difficulties matching HW3 performance IMHO - and they have no business model to reach Tesla's training data volume.
  • All the ICE makers trying to build their own FSD solution based on commodity computing hardware are IMO out of the FSD race. They have neither the hardware nor the training data. They just don't know it yet that they are dead.