Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A blue moon happens on average every 2.5 years.

What Is a Blue Moon?

;)

People want a nearby service center for an event that frequent.

New Mexico has roughly 1000 Tesla owners already, statewide.

The number would be much higher if there were stores/service centers. The ban has depressed sales.

The lack of sales/service centers impacts sales. No test drives possible here. Lack of sales impacts the company. And shareholders.

Sales data is confidential, but everything we can see from talking to people says yes, it's a big issue.

Think of the "local-ish" service center (within 120 miles) as a safety blanket, just in case you get a problem car. It's a cheaper marketing tool than the Supercharger network, but just as valuable.

A one-bay location within 120 miles of every metropolitan and micropolitan area (truly ultra-rural locations have people who are used to going long distances to get service) doesn't seem like that many. I think they'd only have to roughly double the number of US locations and they'd be done.
And now we're up to $37K for a Model 3? Need more solid financials first.

If it isn't arson, and it totally could have been arson, it's a case where the bottom of the pack was punctured by road debris and the fire was already starting long before the video started. I.e. the pack was already damaged and burning, (and the driver was probably already warned by the car), the driver got out, left the car, and the fire didn't get significant until later.

Li-ion fires in Teslas start off really slow, so if it was a pack puncture, this is possbile.

Looks too explosive for a Tesla pack fire. This looks pretty fishy...

True, but I can get a 15 year old BMW serviced at the dealer without an issue.

I’ve rarely taken any vehicle to be serviced at a dealer. Like can count on one hand with fingers left over (I only have 4 fingers and one thumb). It’s always the last choice on my list. In fact, dentist and proctologist both come before dealer on my list.

I had no issue having my 25k service done on my 3. Booked via APP, dropped off, got loaner. Waited for them to contact me when it was done. Easy. I do concede some have had service issues. Try cookies and grande chai tea latte with almond milk - they seem to covet that.

New Mexico has roughly 1000 Tesla owners already, statewide.

The number would be much higher if there were stores/service centers. The ban has depressed sales.

The lack of sales/service centers impacts sales. No test drives possible here. Lack of sales impacts the company. And shareholders.
Pretty general and no citations (OK, yes only tesla has this data). FYI, I did not test drive my M3 (nobody did at first, 10s of thousands still sold like hot cakes). I didn't touch one until about 2 years after deposit. People seem despirite for reasons to have a service center. Just say'in. Higher prices affect sales. Again, main sales deterrant is "affordability."

Looks like people on StackOverflow do not follow Yahoo Finance / CNBC / S****g Alpha et al.

Stack Overflow’s annual Developer Survey

Screen Shot 2019-04-22 at 12.23.04 AM.png

The weird thing about the shorts is how they are increasing in their hostility and efforts even though they are winning. $260 level is a pretty low price point. Suggesting that they are really invested in tsla failing completely.

Usually, you ease back on your shorts as stock price goes down causing your mood and stress to taper off. However, their emotional response suggests they are actually more invested in tsla falling and when it didn't it is causing them to double the effort.

The weird thing about the shorts is how they are increasing in their hostility and efforts even though they are winning. $260 level is a pretty low price point. Suggesting that they are really invested in tsla failing completely.

Usually, you ease back on your shorts as stock price goes down causing your mood and stress to taper off. However, their emotional response suggests they are actually more invested in tsla falling and when it didn't it is causing them to double the effort.
Seen some of them buying long term put @ 100....so make sense to drive it down even further

OT
Soon, FSD will be boring. So boring, I will want the system to let me drive but protect me if I scew up and take over like the student pilot scenario. Feature request, willing to pay.

I may never ignore 100% for that extreme edge case like meteor stike avoidance, but naps OK soon. I would nap now on freeways. Sleepy driving is very dangerous!

The day will come when you will be playing a simulator as your car drives you and it will explain to you why your decisions were wrong when you disagree with your cars ai.

So what do all you TSLA geniuses think for this morning? Very low volume with a wait and see mentality going into the autonomy event this afternoon? Big rush after the event? Which way will it go? Personally I don't see the stock moving more than maybe $15 either way. The stock price has proven to be pretty much immune to positive product news and exceptionally susceptible to negative spin. One thing seems clear to me. If they are kept away from sabotaging the event directly through the restraining order, they will certainly claim shenanigans with the results through their endless spinning talents.

Hope I'm wrong but I would not be surprised to see the stock down $10 come Tuesday morning, but I am certainly no stock market genius. What do you think?

Dan

Another thought...

I would not be surprised to see the media reaction turn from the event itself and whatever it reveals to the attempt to "suppress" the efforts of the public to see the event in its "true light" through the restraining order. "Tesla must have something to hide if they are going to such lengths to limit the accessibility to the event."

Dang, I am in a "negative Nancy" kind of mood this morning, aren't I? lol!

Dan