Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's really simple: Trump says a thing, and also says the 180° opposite thing, depending on the audience. Later on they'll claim that one of those claims was a "joke" - or will simply lie about it. They even doctored official White House transcripts to falsify what he really said on tape - they are absolutely shameless and brazen about it.

The reason he has been attacking the "mainstream media" is because it's the only channel that can destroy his media persona and can spread the word that Trump is a habitual liar with failing health. They still have trouble saying it out loud.
Be careful...your comment rings very similar to this clip.

Tesla's Elon Musk is a liar, he will do anything to keep stocks elevated: Blaine Capital

Do you both believe your position? Absolutely. Are there other interpretations of the same data? Most definitely. Is somebody wrong? Well, each side would call the other wrong. How does one sway the other? Provide the opportunity for the other side to experience your reality and decide for themselves.

Put somebody in a Tesla. Let them experience it for themselves. How many times have we heard this echoed on this forum? But I digress and this is getting way beyond current market matters.

Dan

Not a fan necessarily of trade wars, but it will hurt China more than it will hurt the US.

Chinese exports to the US are >4% of their GDP
US exports to China are <1% of our GDP
Tariffs on imports are a penalty on the importer, not the exporter. Paying more for the same good is not winning. The stock market reaction to a trade war threats reflect this.

I think what China is running into is a US President that is not afraid to pull a negotiating trigger if he feels it puts him in a stronger position. Remember, President Trump is a businessman first and foremost. He has been a negotiator his entire adult life. I don't think he is at all concerned about his political future as much as he is putting himself in a stronger negotiating position. The question China has to answer is "Is he bluffing?". I don't think he is.

Is this the best strategy? Well, depends on who you ask. What the rest of the world is trying to figure out is a President that does exactly what he said he was going to do in the primaries. That is a new and different animal on the world stage.

Now, having said all that, I am in no way saying that the President's methods are the right ones. I didn't vote for the man. I am just saying that his actions are methodical and predictable and should not come as a surprise. China and the rest of the international economic community are trying to figure out how to deal with this new approach. Sometimes it seems to be a pissing contest between two playground bullies, but often times in big international economic negotiations that is exactly the way the parties behave. Like it or not. One big game of chicken. Who's going to flinch first?

Dan

Politics aside, really I am basically a free market guy and have voted for Republicans before, BUT I think this president is not at all concerned with anything but his own image. He is terribly ignorant of economics, international trade, and many other things, and he is not even really a businessman. He imagines himself a consummate negotiator, and the combination of that ego with a giant vacuum of knowledge does not bode well for a good outcome in the China trade negotiations.

Tesla's Elon Musk is a liar, he will do anything to keep stocks elevated: Blaine Capital

Do you both believe your position? Absolutely. Are there other interpretations of the same data? Most definitely. Is somebody wrong? Well, each side would call the other wrong. How does one sway the other? Provide the opportunity for the other side to experience your reality and decide for themselves.

Put somebody in a Tesla. Let them experience it for themselves. How many times have we heard this echoed on this forum? But I digress and this is getting way beyond current market matters.

Dan

Both-sides logic is no more wise when evaluating politics than it is when evaluating the environmental impact of EVs versus ICE. FUD may obfuscate reality, but it's still out there if you care to look hard enough.

Tesla mobile service replaced a headlight on My Model 3 a few weeks ago, technician was super friendly, and when I mentioned Rich's YouTube tech guy told me he was the one who detailed rich's used Model X. Rich made it look poorly detailed to get more views, tech guy took "detailed" pictures of car before rich took delivery. It saved his ass from being fired. Rich's channel is just another reality show, "fake". Show Business :( also, rich had a massive amount of help from Tesla dedham employees in secret since the beginning, at least 3 of them got fired for helping him.

Man this place still is an echochamber, maybe worse than it was before. Here's him picking up the car finally and saying how good it was:

If you want to find the before condition, you can do that your damn self. The video evidence still up on youtube. Or don't look at it, stay in your bubble.

Dan
Hence my post: "Trump Derangement Syndrome/Tesla Derangement Syndrome: two sides of the same coin" (of hate).

Benzinga - 23 minutes ago: (ACB), TD Ameritrade Holding Corporation (NYSE:AMTD) - Lyft, Cannabis Stocks Among The Most Bought Names By TD Ameritrade Clients In April

TDA clients were also bullish on the self-driving theme last month, as both Tesla Motors Inc and NIO Inc-ADR were net buys.

Looks like UBER noticed;

TD Ameritrade is offering commission free trades to any buyers

Ready for a rebate?
To get one online commission rebate on Uber once it begins trading on the secondary market, you need to buy it within five business days of the company's initial public offering.* Go to Trade > Stocks & ETFs to place an order.

Your account will be charged a commission for the trade. Within 5-7 business days of the trade executing, you will receive one rebate for the commission charge.

Loving it too. It's gone from a boring "corporate PR fluff" account to a Wendy's style snark account. The latter get far more views and (usually positive) interest.

I also like the repeated community event style posts. Both usually very funny and builds a big sense of community, which greatly strengthens the brand(when you buy a Tesla, you aren’t just buying a car, you’re gaining access to a fun club/community)

Like I said, predictable and methodical. He has done and is doing exactly what he said he would do during the campaign. You can argue the wisdom of his actions but you can't say he didn't warn you. We'll see where it all ends up.

Dan

Let me just leave this link to refute the highlighted line.