Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Panasonic also had installed new lines but they were not yet operational in q1, so probably now are more lines running and cell output is higher

Didn't Panasonic say that the new lines wouldn't be operational until some time in June after they installed new jigs? So no new lines running yet. (Though they could have reduced the scrap rate.)

Apparently Panasonic was not producing enough
2170 cells to allow for further car production. Apparently that
Has changed if they expect to reach 7000 Model 3
Per week. That is news.

Concerning cutting expenses, labor is the most expensive item.
Say $75,000 is the cost per employee , $75,000 buys A lot of toilet paper.
Reducing the headcount by 13 would save about $1 million yearly in wages.
Also 13 fewer users of toilet paper.

In other words, cutting the headcount reduces toilet paper consumption.
Hmm. So where is Tesla in terms of toilet paper consumption compared with competitors? It's undoubtedly high right now with the stock performance over the last 6 months.:D

These idiots can't see the forest through the trees. Also - what is the point of having a guest on the show if you won't even let them speak?
That's easy. The point is to be able to pretend you are offering both views, without actually risking your viewers hearing the opposing view.

Hmm. So where is Tesla in terms of toilet paper consumption compared with competitors? It's undoubtedly high right now with the stock performance over the last 6 months.:D
Next on short bus times: Elon is cutting costs. Forcing employees to wipe with both sides.

We're living in the future. Starlink site is up (if this hasn't been shared yet).

Starlink

Anyone else think the Ion thrusters make the number of satellites in this constellation a non-issue as they can move around based on the exit point of a spacecraft from Earth's orbit? I'm not credible in saying whether that's accurate or not, just imagining something cool.

CNBC debate before the market opening this morning between a Tesla stock bull from ARK Invest and a Tesla bond bear from Sit Fixed Income Advisors:

ARK's Tesla valuation model: Tesla Valuation Model: Are Investors Stuck in Reverse?

I watched that too - she made some very good points, and at this stage you can only think there are very fundamentally different ways of viewing the company to have such wild valuation differences.

Interesting theory also about traders buying the convertibles and shorting the stock and still being in the money - but the baseline of 81 cents and 9% yield is nasty.

Reactions: ZachShahan
I'm feeling like buying late today will be good timing. Friday's always seem to have an extra dip.

Americans Still Have 2 Very Big Concerns About Electric Vehicles

TLDR version, lack of charging stations is the #1 concern, and #2 is higher initial price. Charging stations is a psychological issue. People think that they take so many long trips, but most do not. The price concern is just pure stupidity. OK, so your EV costs 10% more right away than an equivalent ICE...almost everyone finances their vehicles. So that extra cost is spread out over your 5 year loan....just like the big gas/maintenance savings are. I guess you could combat that with detailed charts/ads that break the numbers down mickey mouse style.

Does anyone know if Model 3 SR+ shipments have begun to Europe? Norway deliveries, which are apparently real time or very close, continue to be all LR and a few P

Edit to add: Cleantechnica reported on 4/12 that Tesla was accepting orders for SR+ in EU. Deliveries have picked up recently in Norway, but still lag far behind February. Is it possible that Tesla is generating a backlog of SR+ orders that will result in a burst for March deliveries?

Apologies if this has been asked and answered, but been very busy lately and hard to keep up --

Last edited:
Reactions: ZachShahan
We're living in the future. Starlink site is up (if this hasn't been shared yet).

Starlink

Anyone else think the Ion thrusters make the number of satellites in this constellation a non-issue as they can move around based on the exit point of a spacecraft from Earth's orbit? I'm not credible in saying whether that's accurate or not, just imagining something cool.

Cool idea on making a hole, if needed. The satellites are > 500 km apart when at the equator, so it seems a non-issue.

Reactions: goinfraftw
Sure hope people weren't expecting wall st to suddenly abandon their agenda because of Elon's leaked email. It was obvious from the pre market trading and 1st hour of trading yesterday that wall st was more than willing to throw more volume at the stock to cap the rebound and today they're back to pushing it down. Heading for another day of at least 10 million shares traded. Yesterday was like 26 million. It's so obvious due to the volume that naked shorting is happening. Its depressing to know the SEC will do nothing. It's so blatant.

Anyone can feel free to disagree and say that I'm reading into my own conspiracy theory but the premarket and 1st hour of trading yesterday was the clearest example yet, at least to me. We just had confirmation that Tesla will at least get very close to guidance and a good shot at meeting. This whole drop is deprecated on no demand anymore. Once again I'm super jelly of the ones who adding to their position right now.

Last edited:
OT
$2 trillion? Where did you get that from, ride-sharing today is only worth about $160bn globally. $2T would be 8% of US GDP... :rolleyes:
When robotaxis are cheaper than owning a car, and not much more inconvenient(sometimes more convenient because you don’t need to worry about parking), why would you still own a car?
It’s fundamentally different from ride sharing as of today. Just because of pricing.

ack of charging stations is the #1 concern,
yeah, almost everyone I talked to at our Texas Earth Day asked about this, but then I whipped out a picture of this on my phone and they were like: "ooooooh" then they were sold! :) Like others have said, most people still don't know/understand what Tesla does.
Capture.JPG

Last edited: