Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Chevrolet Bolt is "the real Model 3," for a lot less money, Appleton said. "The average price of Model 3 last year was $57,000, you can buy a Bolt for $37,000, and the Bolt is every bit desirable a vehicle as the Tesla."
These are the same reporters who could never figure out why various hybrids by Detroit firms never toppled Prius. Or why the cheaper Chinese knockoff doesn't sell as many as iPhone does.

OT: neroden, what do you think of Gen IV nukes?

I am long term anti nuke. Never liked it,

But I am persuaded by
"cant meltdown"
and
"uses radioactive waste for fuel"

At that point I am out of objections,
other than a learned distrust of
people around too much money.

The tech is over my head.
Seems like Win Win
What is the catch?
Thx.
General awareness of Tesla is still low. Atleast in UK.

https://cdn-autotraderplc.azureedge.net/media/1590/auto-trader-market-report-march-2019.pdf

See page 11.

What brands do consumers trust to deliver the future?

a. See this as an innovative brand

Tesla not mentioned among 24 names.

b. Trust this brand to develop an electric car

Tesla 17/25.

c. Trust this brand to develop autonomous driving features

d. Trust this brand to develop a fully autonomous car

ps : I wonder whether Tesla was not among the names offered for a, c & d. Even that shows how much Tesla is not being considered even by professional pollsters.
This is a heavy-handed attempt to bait neroden into off topic posts.

As a Chinese I don’t know where this 8 years expired thing comes from. Sources please. The price for a plate in BJ or SH is over 100k rmb. There is no reason authority put a expiration on it. Even Tesla has shown a good relationship with local gov, they probably has some plates from them as gifts. However if you use it for leasing could become a legal problem. So my guess some of marketing team members come up this idea and they do understand the pain of some potential customers. And they just published it without consulting with legal team or authority. Then medias spread it quickly drawing attention from governments and they “kindly” reminded them to pull off the ads. That’s all. No plate leasing anymore. If you do want to buy a car without plate on hand. You can always come to a dealer with less money not even close to 60k for renting a plate (20k-35k/3 years). I don’t know where Tesla team brings out this number. Again they try their best to stimulate the sales for high end cars. Don’t except too much on this event.
I don't read chinese so it will be hard for me to find a source. You know an ICE has a 10 use period before it's mandatory to be crushed. This I know because this happened to my parents car a few years back in Beijing.

• Informative
Reactions: Icer and neroden
Osha’s overall estimate of second-quarter deliveries—the company books revenue after a customer accepts a vehicle—has risen from 90,500, below Wall Street’s 92,000 consensus, to 97,000.

97k, really?

This has become standard practice: raise Wall Street expectation for Tesla deliveries so even a beat will look like a miss.

Also, doesn’t raising delivery estimates contradict this: he also cut his price target to $347 from $369, a call he had reiterated just a few days ago. :confused:

This has become standard practice: raise Wall Street expectation for Tesla deliveries so even a beat will look like a miss.

Also, doesn’t raising delivery estimates contradict this: he also cut his price target to $347 from $369, a call he had reiterated just a few days ago. :confused:

With all fairness, Tesla gave guidance for 90-100k. Then re-iterated it in the beginning of May officially. Then there were two leaks about record deliveries (see the electrek post above). So why would they expect a lower delivery number?

I think someone must have hacked that animation. 'Cause today we learned that the Model 3 has a serious demand problem and the cheaper Chevy Bolt is every bit as desirable as a Tesla Model 3. ;)

On the other hand, I've never seen teenage girls scream and jump up and down when a Chevrolet Bolt cruises by...

I think someone must have hacked that animation. 'Cause today we learned that the Model 3 has a serious demand problem and the cheaper Chevy Bolt is every bit as desirable as a Tesla Model 3. ;)

On the other hand, I've never seen teenage girls scream and jump up and down when a Chevrolet Bolt cruises by...

I have. But they were laughing.

With all fairness, Tesla gave guidance for 90-100k. Then re-iterated it in the beginning of May officially. Then there were two leaks about record deliveries (see the electrek post above). So why would they expect a lower delivery number?
Because the leak said if they work really hard they may be able to beat the old record of 92k. How does that make 97k likely ?