Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know I keep banging away at this point, but in the UK (and much of Europe) the X is just TOO BIG, as in 'this car cannot fit in this multi-storey car park' too big. Not just awkward, or difficult, but totally and utterly impractical for 95% of people.

Even a bunch of 4x4s in Europe have 4x4 styling but are TINY compared to many american vehicles. People like the SUV style, but they want it to fit in their tiny garage.

I have a double garage here in the UK, and my model S will not fit through the doors. Its not *tight* or *tricky* its physically too wide.

Yes I so want a Model X with the falcon wing doors, but unfortunately it wouldn't fit in my garage, and it would barely fit down my street without scraping along the thorn bushes.

So I have ordered a Model Y. I already have a Model 3 and actually it is a really big car for Europe. It is longer and wider than my Honda CRV and can barely fit though the underground parking entrances here in Spain.

Yes I so want a Model X with the falcon wing doors, but unfortunately it wouldn't fit in my garage, and it would barely fit down my street without scraping along the thorn bushes.

So I have ordered a Model Y. I already have a Model 3 and actually it is a really big car for Europe. It is longer and wider than my Honda CRV and can barely fit though the underground parking entrances here in Spain.

I drive a 2008 mini cooper, and even then sometimes it's difficult to fit on some of the roads in Greece. A Model X would just be a hard no; some people bring in their American SUV, Trucks, and one guy brought his Hummer--the rest of us just started to laugh at them. Parking even on base can be a squeeze, depending on where you're trying to fit.

Does Adam Jonas also have a $0 "bear case" for GM, where just one thing "goes wrong": GM's EV transition?

Yeah, didn't think so, his GM rating is "buy", with a price target of $48, 33% over today's GM stock price:

And GM is a company that declared actual bankruptcy a short 10 years ago ...

Adam Jonas is a clown, but the learned helplessness of him when it comes to understanding and valuing Tesla is part of a confidence scheme to defraud investors.

exactly. how many investor conference calls does he have a year with all the companies he covers?
how many of them ‘leak’ to the media?
how many of them are scathing enough to induce a capitulation downdraft of $45?

i mean, we could go on all day. he’s a control freak, a bad actor (both figuratively and literally), outright weird, and tiresome. he needs a backhand and a gag order.

tangent... the systems a joke. i get it, you have to make it first, and then you can make/change the rules.
while the system is all about growth (only for the present players), it doesn’t incentivize, and sometimes outright stifles, innovation, for which we all pay. something has to change. maybe once a few major coastal cities are swimming in hot saltwater we’ll wake the F up. saddening/maddening

We got Python a bit later here in the States, about 1975 on PBS, but my friends and I were instantly hooked. We'd all get in the proper perspective and gather round my 19" RCA every Tuesday to laugh our keister's off. One of the UK's best contributions to modern culture. I've got several of their albums as well, including the famed 3-sided one. I'll do some searching for the Instant Record Collection and keep you posted.

Thanks for the post! Loved it!

Edit: Just checked Discogs and it's definitely available on the used market... In fact I just ordered one! Can't wait to listen and laugh!

Yeah, I also found S/H on Amazon, have ordered too, looking forward to that!

Everyone here already knows Jonas is a clown, I wonder if he’s on crack as well? Even when he was putting $400 PT on Tesla in the Model XS says I felt the same way about him. His questions are always bizarre, how did you end up being employed in the financial industry?

dunno,
but clearly it’s all an act for him. very contrived, scripted. he’s a control freak, and weird. desperate for attention.
appears a type of mania.
psychological help would go a long way. sustained behavior like that will end up eating him alive by the time old age sets in. if sunday is right, drugs would exacerbate that type of manic behavior.

I wonder as per Ihor there are 10m more shares available to short, if good bunch of these will be borrowed and dumped today or tomorrow after meeting is over
It doesn’t matter. Shorts have to cover eventually. Let em short. Stock is so low that they are trapping themselves and institutions can continue loading

And an interesting tidbit from Ride the Lightning, re: sizing: Musk said that 1.95 m and 1.85 m wide were the limits for automated parking machinery in Japan.

The Model S is 1.954 m, the Model 3 was designed to be under 1.85 m specifically to work in that machinery.

The Japan Tesla branch via Twitter shared a quick video of the model 3 being placed on such machinery. It works!

Basically everywhere besides the US they are ALL very big cars, with the Model X being too big to use in some countries even.

Because a car is too big for the heart of Europe doesn't mean it is too big everywhere else.

The bigger Model X handily outsells Model S in both Norway and China.

South Korea is one of the biggest markets for Mercedes S Class. South Koreans prefer bigger cars.

Australia prefers smaller cars because of fuel cost. Canada parking and roads are no different than US.

Recently, Musk said they made the the Model 3 small enough to fit in Japanese parking structures.

Tesla showcases why the Model 3 is perfect for small parking spaces

Looking to buy some more shares today, but I see premarket going very high, I guess due to shareholder meeting. Would there usually be an MMD on a day like this so better to wait a little? Do shorts normally try and force a loss of any gains the next day?
Any crystal ball advice/educated guesses appreciated.

Reactions: neroden
Hmmm ok, I see. He values Tesla's car business at NEGATIVE $35/share.

This is some crazy good analysis; I wish I had what it takes to be an analyst. Unfortunately, I'll never make it to AJ's level. :(

For the record, it was a joke (i.e. - I don't think he really believes that he values Tesla's car business at -$35/share), but it was meant as a reminder that this 'analyst' is always creating a narrative to support what he wants a stock to do. His steps to analyzing a company are not as follows:

1. Do research on a company
2. Create analysis based on said research
3. Report analysis + price target to customers

Rather, to me it seems like his steps are as such:

1. Determine how I want to make money on this particular stock
2. Create 'analysis' based on goal determined from step 1
3. Report analysis + price target to customers

AND he gets paid as an analyst for this!

From asking Fiat/Chrysler on a conference call if there was any way they could 'not pay Tesla all this damn money' to specifically having his own investor call to bash Tesla on, it was obviously transparent that this guy was determinedly trying to take some weak longs' (and margined longs) hard-earned money. It just puts a really dirty taste in my mouth thinking about this.

Toyota ranks No. 1, but VW makes biggest gain in car brand value

upload_2019-6-11_5-56-25.png

Looking to buy some more shares today, but I see premarket going very high, I guess due to shareholder meeting. Would there usually be an MMD on a day like this so better to wait a little? Do shorts normally try and force a loss of any gains the next day?
Any crystal ball advice/educated guesses appreciated.

Well if you want my uneducated guess, $TSLA is totally oversold and could very quickly go back above $300, so don't hesitate to buy if you have the money.

Not an advice.

Last edited: