Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
huh? there was a signed deal with Mexico over the weekend... Next big macro is if Xi will join G20 and meet with Trump.
NYT:
No Secret Immigration Deal Exists With U.S., Mexico’s Top Diplomat Says

The Mexican foreign minister directly contradicted Mr. Trump’s claim that a “fully signed and documented” agreement would soon be revealed.

Also,
https://thinkprogress.org/trump-thr...l-that-mexico-says-doesnt-exist-4d0a23986f21/

President Donald Trump said on Monday that the United States is working on a second deal with Mexico to curb migration to the United States. If the Mexican government fails to sign on, Trump warned, new tariffs will be imposed on the country.

Does this look like tariffs are no longer a concern?

Did Porsche take the cars off the road for a year and give the owners a loaner while they waited for parts?

I assume they consider the risk pretty severe if they are taking the car off of the road for 3 months and giving the owners a loaner vehicle during that time. (Which will probably be an ICE, which maybe the $800 card is to cover the gas expenses.)

Nope...it was my wife’s Macan and nothing was offered. But recall notice to part replacement was 12 months.

Awful....

• Informative
Reactions: Jovian
OT

I test drove a Raven S recently (for 160 miles!!!) and concluded the exact same thing. Model S is already the sales #1, but now the ride is something the critics won't be able to complain about when comparing with (for example) S-Class.
The improved ride is the first change which might convince me to get a new car.

Nah, I'll wait for the purse slot to come back :)

Waymo doesn't have nearly as many miles on the road. However for training their system they can use simulators with predefined situations. It's not that difficult to come up with many possibilities.

haha, that's not how it works. if you can model and simulate the range of possibilities, then you've already solved FSD.

....This just goes to show how superior the product is and why there will be no "demand problem" for a long time to come.

Made me think of Thanos' words (in a good way) as applied to ICE OEMs and oil companies as GF3 comes online, the M3 sets records, and the MY will likely do the same or better:

"Dread it. Run from it. Destiny arrives all the same. And now, it's here."

Or, maybe appropriately reworked for Tesla:

"FUD it. Run it down in the press. Electric transport arrives all the same. And now, it's here."

haha, that's not how it works. if you can model and simulate the range of possibilities, then you've already solved FSD.

You are quoting someone else. But did you think about it?
What was meant is that modeling other car's behavior means self driving them already. However there are many situations that can be covered without implementing real self driving capabilities into the software. It is a 2 dimensional space with objects that have limited speed and size. Just sit down, think of a situation and implement it. You can even randomize other's behavior.

For example the one Tesla is struggling with: semi trucks with trailer merging into lane or exiting the lane in front of the car. Easy to implement in simulation.

Over the past week - I pulled all of my accounts with Morgan Stanley. The wealth manager who has been enjoying the nice asset management fee was initially heart broken then become frustrated at Adam Jonas when I told him the reason I left was 100% attributed to the nonsense and games his colleague plays with shareholders of Tesla. Hit em where it counts.
For the record. Gerber isn’t getting my money! Maybe ARK

Adam Jonas has a new note out. In this one he is making the case for Tesla to place its autonomy unit into a separate business, to bring in new capital in order to attract and retain talent, to make the mission bigger then just Tesla, to create opportunity for new partnerships, and to give the autonomous business a chance to be valued at higher multiples.

He’s suggesting a page from the playbooks of GM, Ford, and Alphabet.

“While we acknowledge the higher degree of urgency needed for traditional industrial companies to form separate "tech-centric units" to attract and retain talent vs. a company like TSLA, already widely thought of as a tech platform, we believe there are potential advantages to considering the value encapsulated within Tesla in the form of hardware, software, and access to substantial amounts of driving data/miles. Many investors to whom we speak do not explicitly include Tesla's Autonomy business in their valuation of the company, whereas we value their tech assets at $45/share.”

Adam Jonas has a new note out. In this one he is making the case for Tesla to place its autonomy unit into a separate business, to bring in new capital in order to attract and retain talent, to make the mission bigger then just Tesla, to create opportunity for new partnerships, and to give the autonomous business a chance to be valued at higher multiples.

“While we acknowledge the higher degree of urgency needed for traditional industrial companies to form separate "tech-centric units" to attract and retain talent vs. a company like TSLA, already widely thought of as a tech platform, we believe there are potential advantages to considering the value encapsulated within Tesla in the form of hardware, software, and access to substantial amounts of driving data/miles. Many investors to whom we speak do not explicitly include Tesla's Autonomy business in their valuation of the company, whereas we value their tech assets at $45/share.”

Which shows exactly how much Adam Jonas knows about Tesla's strategy for autonomy and how they plan to get there. What a waste of an analyst

haven't we hear about this before, those short sighted bean counters always tries to sell the "shiny" stuff for quick money without any long term view, not unlike killing a chicken to get its eggs. they destroy everything valuable on this planet.

Jonas - "Many investors to whom we speak do not explicitly include Tesla's Autonomy business in their valuation of the company, whereas we value their tech assets at $45/share.”

Hmmm ok, I see. He values Tesla's car business at NEGATIVE $35/share.

This is some crazy good analysis; I wish I had what it takes to be an analyst. Unfortunately, I'll never make it to AJ's level. :(

Which shows exactly how much Adam Jonas knows about Tesla's strategy for autonomy and how they plan to get there. What a waste of an analyst

He also doesn’t understand Tesla’s level of vertical integration. I don’t think it’s easy/possible to rip out the Tesla sensor suite and FSD computer from a Model 3 and slap in on just any random car to make it autonomous.