Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think the market cares about what Anton "Let's Pretend There Were No In-Transit Cars In Europe At The Start Of Q2" Wahlman writes on Seeking Alpha ;)

He's never tired of playing this game of "Oh, look, last Tuesday in Norway saw the lowest number of sales of all previous Tuesdays in the first week of the second month of a quarter when the moon was also in a waning crescent! Clear sign of dropping demand!", and then getting burned when the official numbers come out. This is the same author who was claiming the iPace is selling 10x better than all Teslas combined in Norway, or something to that effect.

But that's how FUD works. Let's put up some research with many-many numbers so it looks like it's an in-depth, scientific analysis, let's make some claims by cherry-picking data, let's also not mention how many times this exact analysis was wrong before, and let's spin that in such a way that it appears like the future of the company is doomed. Let's also not forget to include some quick mentions about the coming "competition", the VW ID3 and the Volvo Polestar 2, which are sure to eat Tesla's lunch. But don't mention delivery numbers for the Audi etron, the Chevy Bolt, the iPace, etc.!

When there’s legitimate concerns about Tesla and their cars is when I’d be nervous. But knowing how rare that is for the car to explode following a crash and the fact that 0 deaths have been associated with Tesla fires leads me to be ok with these one off instances.
Tesla has been quick to investigate these instances and have made adjustments fairly quickly to make the car safer. I’d expect the same in this case.
Q3 is an odd one for everyone though. Shorts are obviously concerned that demand is still there, they got embarrassed in Q2. If Tesla continues positive cash flow then that’s a huge issue. For investors it’s just about being patient. Q3 is expected to be about a breakeven, about 100,000 deliveries, and potentially unlocking some of the FSD funds if V10 gets rolled out this Q. I’m more excited about how Tesla executes these bigger software updates than I am about deliveries.
But stock wise I don’t see anything changing for a while. Probably going to be around $250-260 when Q3 numbers roll in.

He's never tired of playing this game of "Oh, look, last Tuesday in Norway saw the lowest number of sales of all previous Tuesdays in the first week of the second month of a quarter when the moon was also in a waning crescent! Clear sign of dropping demand!", and then getting burned when the official numbers come out. This is the same author who was claiming the iPace is selling 10x better than all Teslas combined in Norway, or something to that effect.

But that's how FUD works. Let's put up some research with many-many numbers so it looks like it's an in-depth, scientific analysis, let's make some claims by cherry-picking data, let's also not mention how many times this exact analysis was wrong before, and let's spin that in such a way that it appears like the future of the company is doomed. Let's also not forget to include some quick mentions about the coming "competition", the VW ID3 and the Volvo Polestar 2, which are sure to eat Tesla's lunch. But don't mention delivery numbers for the Audi etron, the Chevy Bolt, the iPace, etc.!

I wish Tesla would go after a couple of these con-men, maybe Class-Action Wahlman and Toilet-Boy Spiegel. There are so many blatant lies and falsehoods that both have written, would there not be a case? Make an example out of them, might frighten-off the rest...

When there’s legitimate concerns about Tesla and their cars is when I’d be nervous. But knowing how rare that is for the car to explode following a crash and the fact that 0 deaths have been associated with Tesla fires leads me to be ok with these one off instances.
Tesla has been quick to investigate these instances and have made adjustments fairly quickly to make the car safer. I’d expect the same in this case.
Q3 is an odd one for everyone though. Shorts are obviously concerned that demand is still there, they got embarrassed in Q2. If Tesla continues positive cash flow then that’s a huge issue. For investors it’s just about being patient. Q3 is expected to be about a breakeven, about 100,000 deliveries, and potentially unlocking some of the FSD funds if V10 gets rolled out this Q. I’m more excited about how Tesla executes these bigger software updates than I am about deliveries.
But stock wise I don’t see anything changing for a while. Probably going to be around $250-260 when Q3 numbers roll in.
+ Shanghai Progress

I wish Tesla would go after a couple of these con-men, maybe Class-Action Wahlman and Toilet-Boy Spiegel. There are so many blatant lies and falsehoods that both have written, would there not be a case? Make an example out of them, might frighten-off the rest...
This kind of thing is extremely expensive, hard to prove, and might backfire (e.g. Big corporation against little guy). Ignore is the best policy.

I have a theory that a lot of TSLA stock is held by Tesla owners and future owners. As soon as Tesla stock reaches a new ATH, many of those people will take their profits and order cars, creating a new demand wave.
It would be interesting to see the average number of $TSLA holding for Tesla owners. I’m betting it’s higher than any other car brand.
That is my plan. I will be buying used but I'm sure Tesla will still be making a few thousand off of me.

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Yap, if one car rolls off that line this year then that crushes what was thought possible at the beginning of the year. If they get giga3 open and match it with huge demand then it will be take off time. It would be difficult to slow Tesla down if they establish China.
Based on Jerome’s email, you start to think Tesla leadership is expecting 20,000 or more from Shanghai this year. Seems like a stretch, lots to get nailed down. Would be great.