Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Indeed. I think I'd rather push my car to the next supercharger than go through the nonsense of using the ecotricity network...

Unfortunately, in Iceland we're going to be stuck using the terrible ON network to get to all the locations "off the Ring road" for quite some time. Hopefully closing the Ring Road itself won't take too long. It's critical that they remember to take into account that the high-altitude places have much worse weather than the low-altitude places (for long chunks of the year, due to our low difference between summer and winter temperatures), and thus require closer spacing. Also to remember that such places have zero electricity - not even a farmhouse - en route for long distances (sometimes >100km), so not encouraging people to "press their luck" with long charger spacing is critical.

ON is "50kW" (eg <= 40kW), expensive, unreliable, and often overloaded.

Last edited:
The Flugpatz section of the Green Hell that Elon was referring too. Yeah, I imagine getting airborne will make the Tesla S computers spaz a little.

Oh, I think we have experience with that.

upload_2019-9-11_8-35-23.png

Indeed. I think I'd rather push my car to the next supercharger than go through the nonsense of using the ecotricity network...

I can confirm this mess for Germany also. Had to use non Tesla chargers during my last trip and had (solveable, but still) troubles with 100% of them. Would not go electric if these chargers would be my only source of electrons. I would end stranded several times a year (or alternatively you'd get news about burning charge stations several times a year).

This may be the first stock millennials sell for a 30% profit and regret selling the rest of their lives.

You can feel the global EV tail winds starting to be an uplift to the stock price, and even some of the skeptics are starting to see that while Tesla will lose marketshare over time, but of a much, much larger pie, the EV only focus of Tesla has given the company a pretty significant competitive advantage, and that the risk is to the upside and not the doomsday scenario.

I can confirm this mess for Germany also. Had to use non Tesla chargers during my last trip and had (solveable, but still) troubles with 100% of them. Would not go electric if these chargers would be my only source of electrons. I would end stranded several times a year (or alternatively you'd get news about burning charge stations several times a year).

It's the same situation all over Europe. I have an account with the two largest charging networks in Norway that I rarely use - but when I have to it's a nice backup.

But the main issue is that when I ie. went to Spain is that my Norwegian accounts don't work. My local companies only exist in northern Europe.

I tried to create accounts in Spain - but every website and app was in Spanish so difficult to create accounts. And some required that you also got power for your home on their account. Or perhaps my googly translated Spanish were really bad. Anyway - I never managed to sign up anywhere. So relied on sparsely located Superchargers. Skipped a few locations since unsure if had enough power to go there and back again.

I'm glad to see that Tesla is putting up more Superchargers in Spain and elsewhere!

It's the same situation all over Europe. I have an account with the two largest charging networks in Norway that I rarely use - but when I have to it's a nice backup.

But the main issue is that when I ie. went to Spain is that my Norwegian accounts don't work. My local companies only exist in northern Europe.

I tried to create accounts in Spain - but every website and app was in Spanish so difficult to create accounts. And some required that you also got power for your home on their account. Or perhaps my googly translated Spanish were really bad. Anyway - I never managed to sign up anywhere. So relied on sparsely located Superchargers. Skipped a few locations since unsure if had enough power to go there and back again.

I'm glad to see that Tesla is putting up more Superchargers in Spain and elsewhere!

I have three RFID cards and three apps for five charge point network providers. Just in case. And still I can find chargers that require yet an other provider. It's insane.

As I big Tesla fan, I have to say: sometimes I hate Tesla fans.

"Wow, amazing release last week - great job Tesla, I'm so stoked! But did you hear, my friend's cousin's former roomate said that an EVEN BETTER THING will be coming out next week! I'm SO waiting for that, and YOU SHOULD TOO!"

Anyone who thinks that Model Y will be coming out in a couple weeks is an idiot. Literally nothing is ready for it. GA5 - which is probably for Model 3 to begin with, as Tesla has been pulling out all the stops to bring production up to their design spec - would be the tiniest fraction of the total. Literally nothing else is ready. Heck, they only started clearing space for the tooling last quarter.

This post is so good, I had to repost it.

Meanwhile there another 351 Model 3’s were registered in The Netherlands yesterday, after the 369 of Monday. Big numbers.

Okay, Netherlands, this has gone on long enough. One, you're stealing production capacity that could otherwise be going to Iceland. And two, if you keep this up you're going to steal our #2 per-capita EV adoption rate position. Stop it! ;)