Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1xhmdz.jpg

Elon Musk on Twitter

Tesla Solar Tile Roof V3 launch tomorrow at 2pm

Will do an open call Q&A

California time

I have been talking to my friend at solarcity about Tesla solar roof plans and he thinks it’s a game changer. A primary reason why solar installations take so much time and money is because of jurisdictional zoning codes. Local cities differ in their requirements down to the type of nail being used to install solar and batteries. And since every city’s codes are different, this is a logistical nightmare that could demand installers to come back 3-4 times just to finish up a job bc of an anal city inspector who requires 3 inch nails instead of 2... you can imagine the type of work involved in a specialized custom install that would be required for a 100 or a 1,000 different homes in cities across the US.

What Elon stated in the CC about Tesla’s new approach is quite a game changer in that Tesla provides 3 different templates for solar installations, these templates will speed things up for Tesla, which also means they can now ramp and install solar/power walls faster. I’m glad to see that Tesla has innovated it’s installation approach.

At Market Watch they show an "automotive" percent gain/loss and I've long wondered how they calculate it. Currently it is showing 6.80% with $TSLA at 5.82%. Is there really someone doing enough better to counter the drag of $F and $GM and reach a sector growth higher than Tesla's?

Everyone knows that TSLA is an underperformer so they just changed the numbers to reflect common sense.